'Shine a Light' glows for Stones fans...

'Shine a Light' glows for Stones fans, but others may travel th...

There are 2 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 4, 2008, titled 'Shine a Light' glows for Stones fans, but others may travel th.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

My main reaction to the snappy Rolling Stones concert film "Shine a Light" was, "Wow, this would be great if it featured a band I cared a lick about." What about a Razorlight film? Or Spoon? Arcade Fire? I'm ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Matthew Rankin

New York, NY

#1 Apr 5, 2008
It's cool if you don't like the movie, and I do appreciate that you openly and honestly state that you don't care a lick about the Stones, but to imply that the movie itself is no good because you'd rather see a film about Arcade Fire is ridiculous, and makes me question why people would pay for your work.
Of course the film is for Stones fans! As an Arcade Fire film would be for Arcade Fire fans (and I'll honestly state that I doubt any director who ever has, or ever will, live could make an Arcade Fire film that I'd care about. Or Razorlight. Or Spoon.)

I would recommend that you review the film that is, for what it is, and not demerit the film because it's not what you expected, or wanted.
SOTIC

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Apr 14, 2008
CHRIS HEWITT is the worst movie critic in the country. This review just proves it. If you don't like the band, don't bother giving a review like this. Just keep giving the old '****' ratings to movies that he likes, including; Woody Allen, Star Wars flicks and the latest Air Bud movies. Leave the Action movies, music(obviously) and decent drama movies to someone who enjoys them and understands them.. The readers of the P.P. deserve better thane Chris Hewitt has to offer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Arcade Fire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New US cities announced for THE REFLEKTOR TAPES... (Sep '15) Sep '15 CharlieDD 1
New US cities announced for THE REFLEKTOR TAPES... (Sep '15) Sep '15 CharlieAF 1
News The top concerts in Toronto March 2014 (Feb '14) Feb '14 Nathanel 1
Arcade Fire Reflektor Vinyl Mislabelled (Feb '14) Feb '14 Joel 1
News Eminem's "MMLP2" Album Sales Pacing for Dominan... (Nov '13) Nov '13 rap 1
News New music: David Bowie, Basia Bulat, The Head a... (Nov '13) Nov '13 tigger31086 1
WIN a GUITAR,SIGNED BY ARCADE FIRE (Apr '11) Oct '13 countingcrow 2
More from around the web