St. Paul bar pulls controversial Than...

St. Paul bar pulls controversial Thanksgiving-weekend ad

There are 62 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Nov 26, 2010, titled St. Paul bar pulls controversial Thanksgiving-weekend ad. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

On Wednesday morning, Jessica Nordin woke up to 57 missed calls on her cell phone.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Good Neighbor

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Nov 26, 2010
I will never go to Station 280, again. If they are that stupid, then I'm sure they don't pass health code.
my opinion

Bemidji, MN

#3 Nov 26, 2010
Astounding! The ignorance in this day and age! If the shoe fits it should go right up your buttinski and kick the ignorance out of you.... Or move.
Thomas Olson

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Nov 26, 2010
I think that ad was in poor taste. I happen to live with an American Indian, and he thought it was in bad taste also. They should have thought it through, before placing that ad.
Slim Prickens

Barron, WI

#7 Nov 26, 2010
Sounds like somebody was hiding behind the door, when the good Lord passed out brains.
Hipo-CritsGreed

AOL

#8 Nov 27, 2010
All these people talking down on them for this ad......? I bet you all had a party for thanksgiving with family and friends, right? Why is it ok for you to celebrate the theft of the indians land, but they cant make light of the peoples problem with drinking. So let me get this straight. Its ok to steal from them, but dont you dare make fun of them.... Pretty mixed up world we live in these days.
Horny Viking

Bethel, MN

#9 Nov 27, 2010
When Democrats are in charge -- everyone has to be paranoid and hyper sensitive.
Bill

Atlanta, GA

#10 Nov 27, 2010
Good Neighbor wrote:
I will never go to Station 280, again. If they are that stupid, then I'm sure they don't pass health code.
The joke is on you. The people behind this ad are Madison Avenue marketing geniuses! I work quite a bit in Minnesota and neither I nor anyone I work with in Minnesota has even HEARD of this place, much less actually been there. The people behind this ad are crazy; crazy like a fox. They knew that this ad would give them much, much more free publicity than they could have ever paid for. Because of the too easily predictable protestors, this bar got so much more advertising than they ever could have bought. No ad campaign could have been this good. No my friend, these guys are not stupid. They are purely brilliant.
MN Citizen

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Nov 27, 2010
jilly wrote:
So I should be offended by "Party like a pilgrim."
Why should you be offended? Pilgrims (illegals) consider themselves better than Indians.

Since: Jul 08

Brooklyn Park

#12 Nov 27, 2010
Horny Viking wrote:
When Democrats are in charge -- everyone has to be paranoid and hyper sensitive.
Yeah, they defend your right to write really stupid posts too!
Jason

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Nov 27, 2010
Hipo-CritsGreed wrote:
All these people talking down on them for this ad......? I bet you all had a party for thanksgiving with family and friends, right? Why is it ok for you to celebrate the theft of the indians land, but they cant make light of the peoples problem with drinking. So let me get this straight. Its ok to steal from them, but dont you dare make fun of them.... Pretty mixed up world we live in these days.
Sorry moron I was to busy being thankful for my son & daughter, and sharing my time with my family, and my wife who happens to be american indian. The next time you try stereotyping people I suggest you know what you are talking about. People like you always wind up one of two ways..........with a foot in your mouth or one in your ass!!
robert

Hoffman Estates, IL

#14 Nov 27, 2010
A day of mourning, huh ? interesting.
st paul guy

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Nov 27, 2010
The truth hurts!

Since: Jan 09

United States of America

#16 Nov 27, 2010
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
The joke is on you. The people behind this ad are Madison Avenue marketing geniuses! I work quite a bit in Minnesota and neither I nor anyone I work with in Minnesota has even HEARD of this place, much less actually been there. The people behind this ad are crazy; crazy like a fox. They knew that this ad would give them much, much more free publicity than they could have ever paid for. Because of the too easily predictable protestors, this bar got so much more advertising than they ever could have bought. No ad campaign could have been this good. No my friend, these guys are not stupid. They are purely brilliant.
You need to get out more, I don't live there and I've been there.
middle of road

Comstock, WI

#17 Nov 27, 2010
We have reached the point in time when everything we say or write will offend somebody somewhere.
Seinfeld

United States

#18 Nov 27, 2010
Is that an East Indian?
Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Nov 27, 2010
What year is this again?
Jimmer

Edgerton, WI

#20 Nov 27, 2010
who cares. were they trying to blow up a plane or detonate a bomb at a large public gathreing? those are the losers we should be profiling and intimidating into going back home.
Minnesota Nice

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Nov 27, 2010
Thomas Olson wrote:
I think that ad was in poor taste. I happen to live with an American Indian, and he thought it was in bad taste also. They should have thought it through, before placing that ad.
Well let me tell you something, my stepfather is a Santé Sioux Indian. I lived 18 years on the Rosebud Indian Reservation. If any of you want to be mad, it shouldn't be because you think that the add was derogatory to Indians, it should be because of false advertising. I know firsthand that there isn't anyone that can drink like an Indian. Now you bleeding heart liberal Minnesotans can say whatever makes you feel better about yourself but I lived the Native American culture most of my life, so you are not telling me anything. Fortunately for me my stepfather is a rare breed and is not your TYPICAL Indian. Greatest man I know.
Tom

Carol Stream, IL

#23 Nov 27, 2010
I generally despise and mock all the politically correct nonsense we have to put up with...

But that ad is really tasteless and offensive.
Torchy

Minneapolis, MN

#24 Nov 27, 2010
So, because I'm a blonde, white girl...should I be offended by the St. Pauli girl? After all, I have German heritage and I don't walk around in skimpy leiderhosen, handing out beers. Or how about the millions of beer adverts depicting women of any race in various skimpy costumes, should I be offended because they're objectifying my gender?

Some people really need to get some thicker skin. It's an advert on a holiday celebrated because some Natives saved some Pilgrim's hides with food. No one ever objects to sexy Pilgrims (and yes, you can google those images) because they dominated in the course of history. And come St. Patricks' Day I don't see the Irish getting in a tizzy because they're known for their drinking...

Some people just *love* getting worked up over nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thanksgiving Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jesus Center gives Thanksgiving meal to some wh... (Nov '09) Nov '15 Azurephoenix 12
News Give Thanks to Local Music by Feasting on It (Nov '15) Nov '15 Elise In Greenville 1
News Rick Ross and Mayback Music Group Giving Away T... (Nov '12) Nov '12 ms diva 1
News Occupy Tucson Needs to Grow Up (Dec '11) Dec '11 dukes of hazards 2
News Tunes for a cause: Feed Music aims to raise $10... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Michael_J 1
News St. Paul bar pulls controversial 'drink like an... (Nov '10) Nov '10 AntiMelting 2
News Drumsticks before the drumsticks (Nov '09) Nov '09 Max 1
More from around the web