Thanksgiving gets underway early in L...

Thanksgiving gets underway early in Long Beach

There are 6 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Nov 23, 2009, titled Thanksgiving gets underway early in Long Beach. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

The holiday season of giving got into full swing in a big way Monday with three pre-Thanksgiving giveaways across town.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

Funniest Lines

Newport Beach, CA

#1 Nov 23, 2009
Funniest Lines in the story:

"Andrews was able to bring in a host of city officials and luminaries to his feeding"

"I don't really come out for the food, I come out to socialize. I'm a socialite," said the homeless man from North Long Beach.

"My mom's not here so, yeah," he said of his dessert-first strategy. "And I didn't get no carrots either."

When asked why he piled so much food on his plate, the gray-haired Whitfield smiled and said "Two reasons. One, I'm still growing. Two, when God sends a blessing, you need to receive the fullness of his blessing."
Keep the faith

United States

#2 Nov 24, 2009
God bless councilman Andrews for always thinking of the community.
bjh

Alton, IL

#3 Nov 24, 2009
This is a really touching story of people helping people who need help. I hope we see more of the
100 black men group. They sound like men with a real concern for the young kids. I do hope that the groups can come up with a better description than "feeding". It sounds like they are feeding farm animals. Just my opinion.
bjh

Alton, IL

#4 Nov 24, 2009
Funniest Lines wrote:
Funniest Lines in the story:
"Andrews was able to bring in a host of city officials and luminaries to his feeding"
"I don't really come out for the food, I come out to socialize. I'm a socialite," said the homeless man from North Long Beach.
"My mom's not here so, yeah," he said of his dessert-first strategy. "And I didn't get no carrots either."
When asked why he piled so much food on his plate, the gray-haired Whitfield smiled and said "Two reasons. One, I'm still growing. Two, when God sends a blessing, you need to receive the fullness of his blessing."
I agree. This story was well written and just the right people were quoted. Good job.
bjh

Alton, IL

#5 Nov 24, 2009
Keep the faith wrote:
God bless councilman Andrews for always thinking of the community.
And when was the last time you "judgers" volunteered your services at one of the events?
All American Housewife

Long Beach, CA

#6 Nov 24, 2009
Thank you Councilman Andrews. No other political figure does the things that continue to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thanksgiving Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jesus Center gives Thanksgiving meal to some wh... (Nov '09) Nov '15 Azurephoenix 12
News Give Thanks to Local Music by Feasting on It (Nov '15) Nov '15 Elise In Greenville 1
News Rick Ross and Mayback Music Group Giving Away T... (Nov '12) Nov '12 ms diva 1
News Occupy Tucson Needs to Grow Up (Dec '11) Dec '11 dukes of hazards 2
News Tunes for a cause: Feed Music aims to raise $10... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Michael_J 1
News St. Paul bar pulls controversial 'drink like an... (Nov '10) Nov '10 AntiMelting 2
News St. Paul bar pulls controversial Thanksgiving-w... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Horny Viking 62
More from around the web