Kerry King Accuses Metallica Of Musical Masturbation [News]

Mar 18, 2011 Full story: Ultimate-guitar.com 9

While the recent series of Big 4 shows might have suggested a new harmony between the once turbulent camps of thrash metal's founding bands, it would seem that Slayer 's Kerry King has still got some harsh words for the tour's headliners, Metallica .

Full Story

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Mar 18, 2011
I guess it's okay to call Metallica musical masturbation, because when I listen to them it's like having an eargasm.
The Darbinator

Alpharetta, GA

#3 Sep 24, 2011
Slayer is by far more successful than Megadeth....as for Metallica....not even close to being as successful
anonymous

Brasília, Brazil

#4 Sep 26, 2011
The Darbinator wrote:
Slayer is by far more successful than Megadeth....as for Metallica....not even close to being as successful
Slayer maybe more succesfull in playing heavier and making noisier music than Megadeth, but that's about the only criteria in which it is more successfull than Megadeth.

Megadeth is far more technical and musical, are better musicians and have been constantly releasing amazing records... Can't say the same about Slayer or Metallica
The Darbinator

Alpharetta, GA

#5 Oct 19, 2011
I highly agree with you. Slayer may be louder and heavier, but they are not as talented. They make stuff that sounds the same a lot of the time. Megadeth is a band that writes far more complex and intriquite music. Their guitar solos blow all other bands out of the water and Mustaine is one of the best guitarists out there. I wouldn't say all their albums are great though. Metallica just makes higher quality of music that comes together more nicely as a whole. With the exception of Load and ReLoad, I like ALL of Metallica's albums...yes even St. Anger

Since: Dec 09

Newark, NJ

#6 Nov 20, 2011
That's awesome Kerry and slayer rules. Slayer is defiantly the best thrash band ever
Alcohollica

United States

#7 Dec 27, 2011
Where is the pound of weed?
Zaid

Kuwait, Kuwait

#8 Jan 7, 2012
Jelous bitch
IMO
METALLICA>MEGADETH>ANTHA RAX>SLAYER
St anger is a really good album, i prefer it over load
BurgerKing

Forest Hills, NY

#9 Aug 15, 2014
I Used To Like Slayer.KK Shut Up.All The Internet Agreed,Slayer Sucks!!
Talks A lot Of Shit.Envy Of Metallica Cause They Sold More Shows,Albums.And Slayer Sold Out Too,Duh.Used Keyboards And Rap Vocals.And Didn't Pay Lombardo
city

United States

#10 Dec 24, 2014
Guest wrote:
I guess it's okay to call Metallica musical masturbation, because when I listen to them it's like having an eargasm.
I know right!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Testament Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PUJOL, R. Stevie Moore, More Locals Offer Offic... Aug '14 Rassilon 1
All-Star Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson 'Thri... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Rickey Bobby 4
EXODUS Guitarist: 'We Continue To Push The Enve... (Aug '11) Aug '11 metalhead 1
Dave Mustaine: 'It Looks Like We're Sprinting D... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Ho Lee Schitt 1
Slayer and Megadeth hit Tsongas Center with met... (Aug '10) Aug '10 LtCol Miyamoto Hi... 4
FORBIDDEN/Ex-NEVERMORE Guitarist Joins Forces W... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Syn 1
SOLITUDE's 'Poisoned Population: The Complete C... (Sep '09) Sep '09 metalfan 1
More from around the web