Back-to-basics at Rock the Bells

Full story: Chicago Tribune

On his latest single, "D.O.A.," Jay-Z stumps for the death of Auto-Tune -- pitch correction technology that makes its user sound like an oddly melodic robot and has become a go-to source for many rappers in need of an easy hook.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
SCtechNican

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2009

You are complete idot....Tech N9ne wrecks the stage and its because of dumb sh*ts like you hes stuck in the underground, if you really want hip hop to prosper you will listen to the word of the n9ne because the word has had enough of the Lil waynes and flo rydas garbage rap....
TECHN9NEFAN

Villa Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2009

you have absolutley no idea what you are talking about. go to the next TECH N9NE tour... and watch. just watch. TRY to stand in that crowd. GO BUY "SICKOLOGY 101" and i promise you're ignorant to everything self that you will change your mind. those two "hype men" are rappers themselves but revolve around tech n9ne. you have no idea what you are talking about and it sounds like you didnt get your estrogen supplements and didnt have an extra tampon during the show. you're a punk and you need to do some research. a good song for you would be "blown away" on sickology 101. you are what tech n9ne refers to as THE INDUSTRY. because you have no sense of taste in music. you're like an overpaid HELEN KELLER. get your stuff straight.... waste of flesh.
TECHN9NEFAN

Villa Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2009

just keep bobbin your little head to lil wayne or moby or whatever you listen to because obviously none of these acts entertained you. if you're gunna be against the entire idea of rap music (too much bass, facepaint, this and that) then listen to country. that just might be what you listen to. COUNTRY. now you're a waste of flesh AND oxygen. run along and play in the barn. orrrrrrr.... you're one of those "rock n roll" lovers. the 2009 term of rock n roll seems to be AMERICAN IDOL. you are a fan of that crap. and thats why you have no clue of what you are talking about.
MA-tEChN9nE

Gorham, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2009

ALL I WANNA ASK IS CAN I GET A WHOOP WHOOP FOR TECH N9NE??? AND WHO EVER WROTE THIS ARTICLE CAN SUCK THAT DIAPER SNIFFING DICK OF MICHAEL JACKSON. IT'S CLEAR TO SEE THIS FAG HAS NO TASTE IN MUSIC. FOR ALL WE KNOW HE'S HEADBANGING TO SOME N'STINK SHIT SAYING JT IS THE GREATEST RAPPER OF ALL TIME.
MA-tEChN9nE

Gorham, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2009

THIS IS THE YEAR OF THE STRANGE SUMMER!!! WELCOME TO THE T9X
laura

Springfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2009

i have been attending rock the bells since it first toured chicago but this year i was very dissapointed. First of all, they do not even annonce who is showing up until the day of the show. This year, they fucking set up two stages. I paid for 125$ STANDING pit tickets, i excpect to see all the artists on one main stage. They put tech nine or however you spell it on the main stage but put artists like Raekwon and Sage Francis on the small free stage!!! Not only that, the food was overpriced and bad. The location is horrible because tinley park is 45 mins away from chicago. And on top of all of that, Common did not show up!!!! Rock the bells seemed unorginized and overpriced this year. They are becoming sell outs :(
laura

Springfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2009

noo offense to tech n9ne fans i am not hating i am just saying sage and raekwon are just as deserving of the main stage. I dont want u to think i am judging them because i wouldnt want someone to judge my music.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Talib Kweli Discussions

Search the Talib Kweli Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Hip-Hop Rumors: Canibus Apologizes For Rap Batt... (Jun '12) Jul '12 Shinigami 3
Celebrities come out for Wall Street protest (Oct '11) Oct '11 hal 1
NEW SINGLE "TEST OF TIME" By Animal Farm featur... (May '11) May '11 Oliver Maroney 1
Gucci Mane gets an ice cream tattoo (Jan '11) Jan '11 Ho Lee Schitt 1
Patch Chat: Gregory 'DJ Chaps' Dendy (Oct '10) Oct '10 Hey Dee Jay 1
Nas 'n Marley beat Rolling Stones in chart (May '10) May '10 Ty Shelley 1
Hip-Hop Artists on Sade (Feb '10) Feb '10 Sade 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••