Jackie Greene

Jackie Greene

There are 1 comment on the Eureka Times Standard story from May 7, 2009, titled Jackie Greene. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

Jackie Greene's music is extremely unpretentious. That achievement is extraordinary, especially if you consider the larger-than-life musical gods and goddesses that he's toured with: Buddy Guy, Elvis Costello, Susan Tedeschi, Willie Nelson, and B.B. King--just in case you were wondering about his cred.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

Reader

Auburn, WA

#1 May 7, 2009
I couldn't have said it better. I saw Jackie in Seattle last week and he exhibited great showmanship and mastery. From the band he chose to open (Truth & Salvage Co - think Eagles/Allman Brothers/The Band) for him to the music played between sets (all Allman Brothers), I can tell he knows and respects the genre he embraces. I could not find a single mention of the show in the Seattle papers after the Crocodile appearance. This is a shame. He deserves great press. He is so much more of a musician than 98% what is played on the radio. I don't think great success would change his humble demeanor. I think Jackie embraced and respected and learned from (what seemed like) fatherly pride Phil Lesh extended him, and it has been so deserved. I hope Jackie reads this, I am a devoted follower and brought two friends to the show and they were converted. With his talent he will hopefully do this forever, but it would be great if he could earn a healthly living for what he gives back to us.
Peace out

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Susan Tedeschi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Back again (Nov '13) Nov '13 nova 1
News Boston Strong' defines Pops Hatch Shell perform... (Jul '13) Sep '13 blacks aleki 2
News Listen Up: Earl Sweatshirt, more (Aug '13) Aug '13 Sheik Yerbouti 1
News Greetings from Nashville (Feb '09) Feb '09 RPG 1
News Political Blues?: It's Still Susan Tedeschi's M... (Nov '08) Feb '09 kurt kruggel 2
News Tedeschi a brash blues force (Oct '08) Oct '08 Dave 1
Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi at Milwaukee Su... (Jul '08) Jul '08 Dan 1
More from around the web