Longtime 'All My Children' Star Dies

Longtime 'All My Children' Star Dies

There are 25 comments on the NBC 10 Philadelphia story from Oct 13, 2008, titled Longtime 'All My Children' Star Dies. In it, NBC 10 Philadelphia reports that:

Eileen Herlie , who appeared on " All My Children " for more than three decades as the motherly Myrtle Fargate, has died.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 10 Philadelphia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Karin

Clifton Heights, PA

#1 Oct 13, 2008
awwww, rest in peace Myrtle. How sad.
Alec Berg

Medford, NJ

#2 Oct 13, 2008
Karin wrote:
awwww, rest in peace Myrtle. How sad.
How surprising, Karin likes soaps....hmmmm...drama.....wel l that explains quite a bit actually.

Since: Apr 08

Berks County, PA

#3 Oct 13, 2008
Alec Berg wrote:
<quoted text>
How surprising, Karin likes soaps....hmmmm...drama.....wel l that explains quite a bit actually.
See, you really ARE a butt hole! She was being compassionate......I didn't see where Karin said she likes Soaps. Get a freaking life Alec Berg!
Karin

Clifton Heights, PA

#4 Oct 13, 2008
irene0944 wrote:
<quoted text>
See, you really ARE a butt hole! She was being compassionate......I didn't see where Karin said she likes Soaps. Get a freaking life Alec Berg!
Irene, you are my hero.. LOL
I do like Soaps though, all the channel 6 onces. I DVR them daily.
Alec Berg

Medford, NJ

#5 Oct 13, 2008
irene0944 wrote:
<quoted text>
awww, what's a matter irene, was I picking on your little girlfriend? I'm sorry, maybe you should get your blankie and take a nappie.
Alec is a Moron

Willingboro, NJ

#6 Oct 13, 2008
Alec you are a total moron...and your blogging is a complete waste of time.
Alec Berg

Medford, NJ

#7 Oct 13, 2008
Alec is a Moron wrote:
That's real original. I've seen this a dozen times on other posts.

Berks County, PA

#8 Oct 13, 2008
Alec Berg wrote:
<quoted text>
awww, what's a matter irene, was I picking on your little girlfriend? I'm sorry, maybe you should get your blankie and take a nappie.
No, you pick on everyone - and you should show some respect. My guess is I'm at least old enough to be your Mother and perhaps your Grandmother. You are cruel and should not be allowed to post except something ON TOPIC.
wow

Boise, ID

#9 Oct 13, 2008
get a grip this is about someone who has passed-RIP you will be missed
wow

Boise, ID

#10 Oct 13, 2008
Alec is a Moron wrote:

maybe Alec has seen the post so many times--cause its true
Alec Berg

Medford, NJ

#11 Oct 13, 2008
wow wrote:
Alec is a Moron wrote:
maybe Alec has seen the post so many times--cause its true
"Wow" that's a nice ID. I look forward to reading more posts from you. Have a lucky day!
Alec Berg

Medford, NJ

#12 Oct 13, 2008
irene0944 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you pick on everyone - and you should show some respect. My guess is I'm at least old enough to be your Mother and perhaps your Grandmother. You are cruel and should not be allowed to post except something ON TOPIC.
Thanks for tip irene0944! You're right I should respect my elders even when I think they are wrong. These posts are evidence of the freedom of speech that we enjoy in this country so you can't really tell me not to speak my mind, I have that right. As a person from an older generation you of all people should understand that and embrace that. If you don't like what I write, don't respond to it. We can have a civilized discussion if you want. I did not start the "moron" name calling today you and your little pal Karin did.

Berks County, PA

#13 Oct 13, 2008
Alec Berg wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for tip irene0944! You're right I should respect my elders even when I think they are wrong. These posts are evidence of the freedom of speech that we enjoy in this country so you can't really tell me not to speak my mind, I have that right. As a person from an older generation you of all people should understand that and embrace that. If you don't like what I write, don't respond to it. We can have a civilized discussion if you want. I did not start the "moron" name calling today you and your little pal Karin did.
Ah, yes, freedom of speech. I do embrace that Alec, very much. But, let me ask you, does freedom of speech include hurting someone's feelings? My comments to you come because I feel you are insulting. If you have an opinion on a particular topic, you indeed are entitled to it - but the name calling and racist stuff isn't freedom of speech, it morally wrong. You obviously are NOT a moron, you are educated and articulate, so that's all the more reason I don't understand why you say the things you do. I am 64 (0944) and have 3 sons. I would be ashamed if they spoke openly on a blog as you do. Maybe in my offhand way, I was trying to get your attention to help you.

“TheseDays”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#14 Oct 13, 2008
RIP

Since: Oct 08

New Egypt, NJ

#15 Oct 13, 2008
irene0944 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, yes, freedom of speech. I do embrace that Alec, very much. But, let me ask you, does freedom of speech include hurting someone's feelings? My comments to you come because I feel you are insulting. If you have an opinion on a particular topic, you indeed are entitled to it - but the name calling and racist stuff isn't freedom of speech, it morally wrong. You obviously are NOT a moron, you are educated and articulate, so that's all the more reason I don't understand why you say the things you do. I am 64 (0944) and have 3 sons. I would be ashamed if they spoke openly on a blog as you do. Maybe in my offhand way, I was trying to get your attention to help you.
Not sure why you're going after me for racist comments?!? I haven't made any. If anything I've taken quite a few anti-semitic jabs on these posts, most of it no harm intended.

If I may quote you from an early post, in fact Post #3 on this topic "alec you really are a butt h ole"

So my question for you irene0944, the morally upright person who is giving this youngster a lesson on good manners. Who called who a name first? Who started the filthy name calling? If my mother or grandmother were alive they would be embarassed by someone of your generation using those words on their kid.

You want courtesy I'll be happy to extend it to you. You created this downward spiral today.
Someone

United States

#16 Oct 13, 2008
Alec Berg wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure why you're going after me for racist comments?!? I haven't made any. If anything I've taken quite a few anti-semitic jabs on these posts, most of it no harm intended.
If I may quote you from an early post, in fact Post #3 on this topic "alec you really are a butt h ole"

So my question for you irene0944, the morally upright person who is giving this youngster a lesson on good manners. Who called who a name first? Who started the filthy name calling? If my mother or grandmother were alive they would be embarassed by someone of your generation using those words on their kid.
You want courtesy I'll be happy to extend it to you. You created this downward spiral today.
You 2 need to get a room...
Zoey

New York, NY

#17 Oct 13, 2008
Out of all those posts, only about 3 said anything about her death. That young man needs a hobby. RIP Myrtle.

Berks County, PA

#19 Oct 13, 2008
Alec Berg wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you're right Alec, I did start it, but only reading post after post of yours not on topic but just poking everyone.
Anyway, lets draw a line - and I'll respect you and I'd appreciate your respect too. You are also right that I would not appreciate someone my age talking to my sons or grandsons the way I did you. It is, however, the way a lot of youngsters talk these days but I should certainly not be doing it!
Take care - I'll be kinder and gentler, I promise, but first I have to answer the next person from our posts who said we should get a ROOM - guess they don't know how to read!! That's just plain yucky. By the way, if that's really a picture of you, you're a cute guy!

Berks County, PA

#20 Oct 13, 2008
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
You 2 need to get a room...
Please..........read before you write.....I am old enough to be Alec's MOTHER! We won't be getting a room.

Since: Oct 08

New Egypt, NJ

#21 Oct 13, 2008
irene0944 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you're right Alec, I did start it, but only reading post after post of yours not on topic but just poking everyone.
Anyway, lets draw a line - and I'll respect you and I'd appreciate your respect too. You are also right that I would not appreciate someone my age talking to my sons or grandsons the way I did you. It is, however, the way a lot of youngsters talk these days but I should certainly not be doing it!
Take care - I'll be kinder and gentler, I promise, but first I have to answer the next person from our posts who said we should get a ROOM - guess they don't know how to read!! That's just plain yucky. By the way, if that's really a picture of you, you're a cute guy!
I think we reached a truce for now irene0944.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Susan Lucci Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Susan Lucci Will Be Back With More 'Deadly Affa... (Nov '12) Apr '14 dmw 9
News The Young and the Restless Spoilers: Susan Lucc... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Dianna 4
News 'All My Children' without Susan Lucci? 'One Lif... (Jan '13) Sep '13 TheAfroHedgehog 32
News ABC cancels 'All My Children,' 'One Life to Live' (Apr '11) Sep '13 dmw 8
News Items: Lifetime Sets Devious Maids Debut, Star ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Jan 1
News Canceled ABC soaps to be reborn on the web (Jan '13) Feb '13 Jennifer 5
News 'All My Children' Reboot adds more names to the... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Skater Boy 1
More from around the web