Moody Blues, Deep Purple to color Mus...

Moody Blues, Deep Purple to color Musikfest's RiverPlace : The ...

There are 19 comments on the The Morning Call story from Mar 7, 2007, titled Moody Blues, Deep Purple to color Musikfest's RiverPlace : The .... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Musikfest added a distinct touch of gray to its 2007 RiverPlace lineup on Tuesday, announcing performances by two pioneering British bands, symphonic pop-rock act The Moody Blues on Aug.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Ladyrock

Chicago, IL

#1 Mar 7, 2007
So glad to see Deep Purple in this lineup. Their most recent albums are filled with fine tunes. Their recent tour that brought them to Scranton was a great show. Can't wait to see them this summer.
Dennis

Allentown, PA

#2 Mar 7, 2007
Steve Morse is one of the all-time great guitarists.
Anyone with a chance to pick-up any of the "Dixie Dregs" albums really should.
Silver Tongue

Stroudsburg, PA

#3 Mar 7, 2007
Ladyrock wrote:
So glad to see Deep Purple in this lineup. Their most recent albums are filled with fine tunes. Their recent tour that brought them to Scranton was a great show. Can't wait to see them this summer.
Agreed! It's ashame that only long time dedicated fans of Deep Purple are the only ones who still stay in touch with all the NEW music they're still making. The mainstream tends to still talk about "smoke on the water" as if it was their only claim to fame. I think Deep Purple has always enjoyed flying under the radar - consistently releasing quality high energy rock and never getting the acclaim they deserve. The Morning Call mentioned that DP has a long consistent streak of selling out concerts which proves a dedicated fan base. The band has had this approach almost from the beginning and still proves every time on stage that they still have what it takes. I want to laugh and cry at the same time every year when I see the new Rock'n Roll Hall of Fame inductees and Deep Purple still remains off the list. It just shows how out of touch so many people in the music industry still are. The musicianship alone not to mention the fine craftsmanship in writing deserves so much more recognition - but then I have to step back and smile with the band and say I don't care what a lot of people have to say about us, we believe in what we're doing, we put a lot of effort into it and we're still having a lot of fun doing it!

Since: Mar 07

Bethlehem

#4 Mar 7, 2007
I am soooo happy the Moody Blues are coming to the Fest. I've been a gigantic fan for years and never thought my chance would come for me to see them, no I'm going to have to find a babysitter :)

“Cool Logic - Burning Passion”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#5 Mar 8, 2007
sugarfly wrote:
I am soooo happy the Moody Blues are coming to the Fest. I've been a gigantic fan for years and never thought my chance would come for me to see them, no I'm going to have to find a babysitter :)
Did you not know that they performed at the Easton State Theatre a few years back? They still had Ray Thomas with them then.

Go here for Mike Pinder's website:

http://www.mikepinder.com/

and his two sons:

http://www.pinderbrothers.com/

“Let's Spend and Borrow Forever”

Bethlehem, PA

#6 Mar 8, 2007
The public wants:

Clay Aiken

Sheryl Crow

Various versions of the Coasters

Menudo spinoffs

Groups with Latin names that nobody has ever hear of but the critics and the few fans claim are god's gift to music

Senile Beach Boys

The Turtles

Jimmy Sturr
and
Up With People
STAY THE COURSE!

“Too soon old, too late smart..”

Bethlehem, PA

#7 Mar 8, 2007
StaberDearth wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you not know that they performed at the Easton State Theatre a few years back? They still had Ray Thomas with them then.
Go here for Mike Pinder's website:
http://www.mikepinder.com/
and his two sons:
http://www.pinderbrothers.com/
I'm looking forward to this with whomever is left - I didn't know before it was too late to get a ticket for the Stae Theatre one. I've been mad ever since I missed a concert at the Spectrum in the 70's that my boyfriend at the time went to with his friends... should have realized then we were doomed!
winkyd

Allentown, PA

#8 Mar 8, 2007
That's right, Norbert, because Clay Aiken sold out Riverplace faster than anyone else had.
And you may not know of Elvis Crespo, but the sold-out RP crowd had, and you can bet TPTB counted every last dollar.
Your suggestions?

Bethlehem

#9 Mar 8, 2007
I knew they performed at the State Theater a few years back, but I wasn't in the area at the time, I was helping my parents move across country :(

Bethlehem, PA

#10 Mar 8, 2007
My suggestion: Return Musikfest to what it was and what it was supposed to do, a community festival, and get rid of the dinosaur big-name acts.
That, or oust it from downtown Bethlehem, let it set up over by Stabler and watch it die quickly.

“Cool Logic - Burning Passion”

Location hidden

#11 Mar 8, 2007
I have a huge LP collection, a lot of them now framed since they doubled as artwork unlike miniscule CD postage stamp art work of today.

The Moodies Children's LP is my undisputed all time long time favorite in my whole collection of all music.

I will go see them (what's left of them) again and imagine it's the Blue Jays plus Edge...
Grace karali

Greece

#12 Mar 10, 2007
i'm from Greece i can see that two legents in thius ivent ,yo far fro me hope the greek stuping promoters brings that wo groups in Greece some day.Love justin the grrk moody fan.Keep rockin great summer concerts in Amerika.Grace

“embrace chaos!”

Fountain Hill, PA

#13 Mar 10, 2007
Norbert wrote:
My suggestion: Return Musikfest to what it was and what it was supposed to do, a community festival, and get rid of the dinosaur big-name acts.
That, or oust it from downtown Bethlehem, let it set up over by Stabler and watch it die quickly.
I used to feel the way you do, when I lived on 2nd avenue.. do you live close to the fest?

“embrace chaos!”

Fountain Hill, PA

#14 Mar 10, 2007
whoa! My ISP location is Green Lane? And it looks like I have to change the "hometown" thingy. On topic, the Moodies-- yay! My husband and I danced to "Nights in White Satin" as our wedding song, but forgot to tell the DJ not to play the spoken word part at the end... made for some interesing performance art by members of my wedding party!
Fester

Levittown, PA

#15 Mar 10, 2007
I know he's commercially successful, but if Clay Aiken is considered music, than I guess I hate music. Up With People! LMAO.

“Howdy, Ya'll!”

Allentown

#16 Mar 10, 2007
KnitMama wrote:
whoa! My ISP location is Green Lane? And it looks like I have to change the "hometown" thingy. On topic, the Moodies-- yay! My husband and I danced to "Nights in White Satin" as our wedding song, but forgot to tell the DJ not to play the spoken word part at the end... made for some interesing performance art by members of my wedding party!
That is too dang funny. Your family must have been quite impressed. Sounds like you're gonna have to go see this show for sure.

I don't care if Kermit the Frog is playing - I am just lookin' forward to standing outside in shorts with a beer in hand! Bring on the Fest - I LOVE BETHLEHEM!

Bethlehem, PA

#17 Mar 10, 2007
That's better than standing outside with your hand in your shorts, like the one fellow down the street from me.
We need Clay Aiken, every night, and lots of fattening food for the ClayMates. Then, the Fest will set new records for attendance and sales.

“embrace chaos!”

Fountain Hill, PA

#18 Mar 10, 2007
MonkeyMomma wrote:
<quoted text>
That is too dang funny. Your family must have been quite impressed. Sounds like you're gonna have to go see this show for sure.
I don't care if Kermit the Frog is playing - I am just lookin' forward to standing outside in shorts with a beer in hand! Bring on the Fest - I LOVE BETHLEHEM!
Yeah, one of the groomsmen started doing interpretive dance. In a tux, it was a little more than hilarious.

I'm hoping I can go see the show-- I'm due on July 23, so as long as she arrives on time, I might be up for seeing the Moody Blues (if I can bear to leave her!)
Clear

Conshohocken, PA

#19 Dec 12, 2007
Oh Yeah

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Superstar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rihanna Compares Her One-Off Crush Lips To A Le... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Rihanna 1
News Taylor Swift Among Country Music Awards Of Aust... (Jan '14) Jan '14 I HATE New Days 8
News Superstar singer Adele unveils secret talent fo... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Adele 1
News Jennifer Lopez: Promotes Viva Movil at Venetian (May '13) May '13 fukuda 1
lucie says jamelia who? (Apr '07) Apr '07 SOURCE 1
More from around the web