Sebelius: Economic potential in rural...

Sebelius: Economic potential in rural Kansas

There are 2 comments on the ParsonsSun.com story from Dec 26, 2007, titled Sebelius: Economic potential in rural Kansas. In it, ParsonsSun.com reports that:

“I think we've got to do both and I think most Kansans feel we have to do both”

Gov. Kathleen Sebelius says she doesn't believe her administration's decision earlier this year to block new coal-fired power plants in southwest Kansas results in environmentalism trumping economic ... via ParsonsSun.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ParsonsSun.com.

Tom Brewer

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Dec 27, 2007
It is obvious that the Govenor is neither a scientist or an economist. The fact of global warming being affected by Carbon Dioxide increases do to man are mathmatically ludicris. Carbon Dioxide is not a polutent but a natural and necessary part of our eco system. Science fact is based on repeatable demonstration of physical facts and none has been offered to support this theory whose basis is more an atheistic religious belief than work of pure science.

The govenor also shows her lack of economic understanding when she claims that a loss of nearly 4 billion dollars in construction and related spending in the state will not have a negative effect on the ecomomy of the rural areas. Her desire to have tax payers subsidize grocery stores in places that can no longer support them do to population loss is a reminder of the central government of the USSR. Better perhaps if she actually allowed economic development in the rural areas. Better to use taxes from a clean modern power plant to build roads and schools. Better perhaps to negotiate for cheap power rates near the plant so that industry would be attracted to the area.

The govenor is wrong on global warming, wrong on economics, and wrong for Kansas. God help us if she is thrust onto the national scene.

Since: Oct 07

Olathe, KS

#2 Dec 27, 2007
Tom Brewer wrote:
It is obvious that the Govenor is neither a scientist or an economist. The fact of global warming being affected by Carbon Dioxide increases do to man are mathmatically ludicris. Carbon Dioxide is not a polutent but a natural and necessary part of our eco system. Science fact is based on repeatable demonstration of physical facts and none has been offered to support this theory whose basis is more an atheistic religious belief than work of pure science.
The govenor also shows her lack of economic understanding when she claims that a loss of nearly 4 billion dollars in construction and related spending in the state will not have a negative effect on the ecomomy of the rural areas. Her desire to have tax payers subsidize grocery stores in places that can no longer support them do to population loss is a reminder of the central government of the USSR. Better perhaps if she actually allowed economic development in the rural areas. Better to use taxes from a clean modern power plant to build roads and schools. Better perhaps to negotiate for cheap power rates near the plant so that industry would be attracted to the area.
The govenor is wrong on global warming, wrong on economics, and wrong for Kansas. God help us if she is thrust onto the national scene.
I could not agree more. I hope the mess with Morrison gets to her. Remember how she asked him, which yet a Republican--albeit a RINO, to change into a Democrat to run against Kline. Morrison, DA Foulson in Sedgewick, and one of the judges in Wichita all received contributions from Tiller's wife to beat Kline.
Global warming is another one of those 'chicken little,' however, far more dangerous, a took of the internationalists, i.e., globalists. Rachel Carson was wrong, Paul Erlich was wrong, and Global Warming is wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sunflower Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News KCWE Launches 'This KC' Movie Channel (Feb '10) Apr '15 mea 3
Where's the best place to buy sunflowers online? (Jul '09) Jul '12 Mitch 2
News Ai Weiwei: Can an artist change society? (May '11) May '11 dsarewfghfg 1
News Ghana: Bio-Diesel Production to Start in Jan 2009 (Nov '08) Nov '08 alexilexi 1
News Cleveland Orchestra draws rave reviews in Europe (Aug '08) Aug '08 The Clarifier 1
News The cycle of debt (Jan '07) Jan '07 Fed Up in AZ 2
More from around the web