Test pilot who went to war and flew p...

Test pilot who went to war and flew presidents gravitated to ad...

There are 5 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Nov 28, 2008, titled Test pilot who went to war and flew presidents gravitated to ad.... In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

Col. Maurice Rondeau, left, stands with fellow aviators before embarking on his first solo flight during World War II.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

LBJJ

Mission Viejo, CA

#1 Nov 29, 2008
I shall have to make it over to the Reagan Library to see the 707 Col. Rondeau piloted.

Such a spirit could not be contained in a mere human body.

Condolences to the family, friends, and those who suck the marrow of adventure.
D Davis Brentwood Tn

AOL

#2 Dec 4, 2008
I was in the Special Air Missions unit for 7 years (1962-1969)and personally knew all the pilots that flew the many Airforce One aircraft during that period. I flew on many Johnson flights. I have never heard of "Maurice A Rondeau" before your article about his death.
Howard L Farmer

Manhattan Beach, CA

#3 Dec 8, 2008
Brentwood's comments sound like "sour grapes" to me. In addition to his other duties, Col Rondeau was also an advance agent for Air Force One flights.

Since: Dec 07

Long Beach, California

#4 Dec 8, 2008
"Advance" was the word omitted from the obituary that would have clarified things. Sorry.

John Futch
Executive City Editor
Selway Mulkey

Laughlin, NV

#5 Dec 12, 2008
We will really miss the Colonel! He and my mother, Mae Mulkey, served together on the original Williams Lake Water Board and he always stopped by our cabin in the summers to "critique" the work we were doing (or not doing!) To me, he was a great American Hero and we are so proud and thankful to have know him and his lovely wife, Jane! We have met his boys who are also gentlemen who will carry on!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stuff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Right Stuff' Director Philip Kaufman to Be Lau... (Oct '14) Oct '14 MuguMuguMugabe 1
News How NKOTB achieved ubiquity before Facebook and... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Monica Christina ... 1
News Redstone 3, the Depiction in popular culture an... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Bruce 1
News Donnie Wahlberg, Wife Divorcing - Couple has tw... (Aug '08) Oct '10 Kelly 9
News Larry Wilson: Local aviatrix Pancho Barnes defi... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Route 66 3
News The Wright Stuff (Feb '10) Feb '10 Michelle 1
News New Kids on the Block coming to Fresno (Apr '09) Apr '09 lisa 1
More from around the web