State budget packed with changes | Th...

State budget packed with changes | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 4 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 1, 2011, titled State budget packed with changes | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A look at some of the changes contained in the more than 4,000-page, two-year budget: Overhauls state construction law, ending requirement that governments use four separate prime contractors, and instead allows for alternative methods to bid projects.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Just saying

Columbus, OH

#1 Jul 1, 2011
Some of these are good ideas, some of them I do not know enough about, and some of them I disagree with, but I do not understand why most of them were put into the budget instead of separate bills that focused on the issues.

It appears to be an attempt to avoid the bill process which makes it look shady, there needs to be more openess in the process to gain back the trust of the people.
Sterling Silver

Columbus, OH

#2 Jul 1, 2011
4000 pages. Did all the Rethuglicans read it? How about King John? If they didn't, then quit carping about health care reform...
the hilt

Norwich, OH

#4 Jul 1, 2011
the republican are turning liberal
Whatever

Carroll, OH

#5 Jul 1, 2011
Oh I'm so glad they included this one:
-Allows a person convicted of a felony to obtain a barber license.

It's always a good idea to let an ex-con with a straight razor blade serve as your barber.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Strategy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Board wants public hearing on tolling (Mar '09) Sep '13 Garrett Maslak 2
News University of Bedfordshire professor tells Chin... (Oct '12) Oct '12 New China 1
News U.S. issues national strategy for electronic wa... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Max 1
News Commerce Secretary Gary Locke and White House A... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Texian 1
News Eco fees pay for lobbyists (Oct '10) Oct '10 pretty sad 2
News Hearings Set on Connecticut Highway Tolls (May '09) Sep '09 Guy Above Me 3
News PA Department of General Services Earns Nationa... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Old Cynic 1
More from around the web