Praise For Lee And Jackson

Jan 15, 2009 Full story: www.newswithviews.com 32

January is often referred to as "Generals Month" since no less than four famous Confederate Generals claimed January as their birth month: James Longstreet (Jan. 8, 1821), Robert E. Lee (Jan. 19, 1807), Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson (Jan. 21, 1824), and George Pickett (Jan. 28, 1825). Two of these men, Lee and Jackson, are particularly noteworthy.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“The more things change...”

Since: Feb 08

The more they stay the same!!!

#1 Jan 15, 2009
Excellent article Georgia Patriot. Thank you. Time to pick up arms. The defenders of the Lincoln cult will be here soon enough.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#2 Jan 15, 2009
You are probably right - I figured they would have descended upon this article already and calling me a racist and more.

“THE BRAVE ONLY DIE ONCE”

Since: Sep 08

RED STATES

#3 Jan 15, 2009
GAPatriot65 wrote:
You are probably right - I figured they would have descended upon this article already and calling me a racist and more.
"If this flag offends you, you need a history lesson"

"Better to be historically accurate than politically correct"

Stand your ground patriots, I'm right with you.
DDT - 207

Old Orchard Beach, ME

#4 Jan 15, 2009
GAPatriot65 wrote:
...This blog is a "GAY PATRIOT OO" FoxNews moment!

RED STATES

#5 Jan 15, 2009
DDT - 207 wrote:
<quoted text>...This blog is a "GAY PATRIOT OO" FoxNews moment!
Hide under your bed and cry for momma, pi$$ant!

#6 Jan 15, 2009
"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause."

Abraham Lincoln

Location hidden

#7 Jan 15, 2009
I expected DDT (Dumbazz, Dunce, & Traitor) to show up. It's about his Momma's bedtime, usually when he starts posting his immature gibberish.

RED STATES

#8 Jan 15, 2009
Former Lee Warmer wrote:
"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause."
Abraham Lincoln
Has an eerie resemblance to some of Hitler's speeches, huh?

#9 Jan 15, 2009
FARII wrote:
<quoted text>Has an eerie resemblance to some of Hitler's speeches, huh?
I had posted some comments on another thread comparing Bush's war and his Constitutional abuses to Lincoln's and the War of Northern Aggression. It resulted in about thirty pages of angry Liberals ranting and raving and calling me a racist and a nut and everything else. It's funny how people are perfectly willing to look the other way when it comes to Constitutional infringements if they happen to agree with the reasons given for them, in Lincoln's case: "To free slaves" vs. Bush's case: "To steal oil".

#10 Jan 15, 2009
Lincoln was a political Opportunist and little more. It's really no wonder why Obama thinks so highly of him; which in and of itself is another political opportunity.

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#11 Jan 15, 2009
Ulysses S. Grant may not be part of General's month. He might have owned slaves. He might not be remembered as a fine Christian gentleman.

His only consolation was kicking Confederate butt across Dixie as the most successful general of Civil War, and being elected President of the United States.

No praise for you, General Grant!

Location hidden

#12 Jan 15, 2009
I knew PooPoo would come blowing PooPoo
PooPoo Platter wrote:
Ulysses S. Grant may not be part of General's month. He might have owned slaves. He might not be remembered as a fine Christian gentleman.
His only consolation was kicking Confederate butt across Dixie as the most successful general of Civil War, and being elected President of the United States.
No praise for you, General Grant!

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#13 Jan 15, 2009
GAPatriot65 wrote:
I knew PooPoo would come blowing PooPoo
<quoted text>
That's what you call standing up for the Great Americans of that age, Ulysses S. Grant and Abraham Lincoln?

So be it.

“Snooze you lose”

Since: Mar 07

Sunnyvale, CA

#14 Jan 15, 2009
Former Lee Warmer wrote:
Abraham Lincoln
This is an excellent quote. The Civil War was not about freeing the slaves as we love to glamorize it now, but it was more a war of who dominates economically, the North or the South. In the end the North won and slaves were freed. But the population of the North in general hardly cared more about the freed slaves than the South.

I love the fact that slavery was abolished in the aftermath of the Civil War. But I also realize that it was just a side-effect of Lincoln's war to keep the union together. Once the war was decided, it was to both sides benefit to come to terms. They still had a lot of Indians to kill.
rokebass

Tacoma, WA

#15 Jan 15, 2009
These men were significant figures in an historic event. Some consider them patriotic heroes.

Of course we should recognize that and give them a noteworthy place in history.

That's what great about history - it can connect people to something they have in common.

RED STATES

#17 Jan 16, 2009
PooPoo Platter wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what you call standing up for the Great Americans of that age, Ulysses S. Grant and Abraham Lincoln?
So be it.
Davis and Lee were the heroes of honor. Lincoln was the fascist/totalitarian mass murderer. Now, show some respect:

wardog

United States

#20 Jan 16, 2009
im from the south the way i see it is both sides lost. it was war between brothers fathers sons both sides made mistakes. the south was not evil the north was not evil its just things were the truth is though. it was just a war started by politcions on both sides.

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#21 Jan 16, 2009
FARII wrote:
<quoted text>Davis and Lee were the heroes of honor. Lincoln was the fascist/totalitarian mass murderer. Now, show some respect:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =x4uW3EcI0fAXX
I showed respect.

Respect for the ones who merit it.

Respect for the victors. And for the ones who got freedom for the slaves done.

God bless the memories of Abraham Lincoln and Ulysses S Grant. And God bless the third son of Illinois to serve as President, Barack Obama.
longrowtohoe

Nacogdoches, TX

#22 Jan 16, 2009
Speaking of States rights........ Free TEXAS!!!!

Location hidden

#23 Jan 16, 2009
PooPoo Platter wrote:
<quoted text>
I showed respect.
Respect for the ones who merit it.
Respect for the victors. And for the ones who got freedom for the slaves done.
God bless the memories of Abraham Lincoln and Ulysses S Grant. And God bless the third son of Illinois to serve as President, Barack Obama.
Ah - so by your logic

The Soviets deserve respect because they were victorious in creating an empire during the late 40's and 50's by beating down and threatening their neighbors.

The Nazis, had things gone a different path, would have been given your respect.

Communist China's Mao deserves our respect for being victorious in his bloody take over of China and the crushing fist he held over its citizens for decades for any dissent.

I see - onlky the victorious deserves respect, respect cannot be given anyone of character and honor, no matter the fact they fought on an opposing side.

Jackson and Lee deserve respect for the men they were, not for the uniform the wore.

Even though Grant was victorious - it was only because Lee was a gentleman and a patriot, and decided it would be best for his men and country to surrender then, rather than drag it out in a guerrilla war for another 10 years or more, which would have devastated both sides.

Grant may have been elected President, mainly due to his win of the Civil war, but he was no man of character, nor of honor. His presidency was rife with problems, corruption, and more.

There was much of Lincoln to be honored but he was not the shining man of integrity that history has painted him. His choice to free slaves had nothing to do with a "personal belief to free the negro", but was more of him doing what he felt was needed to win the war. He stated as much in the early days of the war.

He stated that if he could win the war without freeing a single Negro - he would. If he could win the war by freeing some and not others, he would. It was about winning, not right or wrong.

That's the point here - you are giving glory for something that was not real and didn't exist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stonewall Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robert E. Lee: Remembering An American Legend (Jan '11) Jan '12 FACE the FACTS 263
Grand Ole Opry singer claims age discrimination... (Feb '07) Dec '10 James Fox 16
Collector donates historic rifles, pistols to V... (Sep '10) Sep '10 beentheredonethat 1
Older country stars feel slighted at Grand Ole ... (Mar '07) May '09 Casey James Putnam 17
Would a newly named holiday be as reverent? (Jan '09) Feb '09 Communist Clam 19
Remembering Robert E. Lee's 202nd Birthday (Jan '09) Jan '09 bappie 14
Stonewall Jackson, Grand Ole Opry settle lawsuit (Nov '08) Nov '08 Georgia Cherokee 1

Stonewall Jackson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE