Velvet Revolver, Singer Weiland Part ...

Velvet Revolver, Singer Weiland Part Ways

There are 22 comments on the NBC 5 Chicago story from Apr 2, 2008, titled Velvet Revolver, Singer Weiland Part Ways. In it, NBC 5 Chicago reports that:

Scott Weiland is leaving Velvet Revolver, according to the rest of the band. Slash, Duff McKagen, Matt Sorum and Dave Kushner have issued a statement through their management saying they are parting ways with ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5 Chicago.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
gnr fan

Snook, TX

#2 Apr 2, 2008
Another smackhead bites the dust.
Go get help scott...before you die.
I Saw you in Bridgeport ....all 90 pounds of you.
The rest of the band should know that herion
will just ruin you. ITS NOT COOL, and people that
just watch someone ruin themselves are just as much
to blame. So don't blame scott, blame the band.
They went through it before.
Pat

United States

#3 Apr 2, 2008
WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!
Ditto

United States

#4 Apr 2, 2008
Scott, you're a A number one Screw up!
Riverboat27

Glenside, PA

#5 Apr 2, 2008
I want old school STB!

There needs to be an end to this elevator crap that Scott has produced over the last 15 years!

Grow some balls back dude!
Riverboat27

Glenside, PA

#6 Apr 2, 2008
STP
Joe

AOL

#7 Apr 2, 2008
Good, Slash is the best guitarist to come along in the last 20 years. After dealing with head cases like Axl Rose and Scott Weiland, maybe he and the band can find a descent lead singer who puts fans first and their own egos last!
Derek

Regina, Canada

#8 Apr 2, 2008
Scott should get help
Bee Vee

Boca Raton, FL

#9 Apr 2, 2008
Well, I think it is for the best.. and I hope that Scott gets the help he truly needs because drugs, especially heroin, is an achilles heel for everyone.. and it is hard to beat.. but I am sure if he puts his mind to it, he can do it because, despite anything else, I think he rocked with STP and at the beginning with Velvet Revolver.. Slash is an amazing guitarist and the band was kicking *ss in the beginning..

My heart goes to Scott and I hope he gets the help he needs to get out of this situation.
Kelley

United States

#10 Apr 3, 2008
I'm very sad that the band can't make things work out. I saw them 4 times and they were incredible. Scott Weiland is an awesome front man with awesome talent and energy. However, I can't wait to see STP reunite. I wish all the guys, especially Scott Weiland great things in their futures.
Victor G The Crow

AOL

#11 Apr 3, 2008
Scott Weiland will be missed, Hope they keep the peace,This things happen all the time within very talented people, There will be disagreements. Velvet Revolver will move forward without him, Who knows, Change is good?.
Slim

Bloomington, IL

#12 Apr 12, 2008
Kevin Jones of Rattleface is going to be the new singer from what I hear !!
Slim Shady

Lexington, IL

#13 Apr 12, 2008
VELVET REVOLVERS NEW SINGER SHOULD BE KEVIN JONES HE IS A FREAKING ROCKSTAR
dannyb07

Woodbury, NY

#14 Apr 16, 2008
chris cornell should completely replace him. go from one unique singer to another. except this time, one that is both awesome, and normal. instead of just awesome. he would change their sound, but in a good way.
Renee

United States

#15 Apr 20, 2008
I think they need some new blood not a another known Rockstar !!! I just did a search on Rattleface and that Kevin Jones guy is amazing !
He has long hair and is really hot !! He'd bring a hard edge back to Slash and the band and his voice is off the hook !!!! I've never heard of him before but oh my God what a voice !!

Renee Vayler
Johnnie Thunder

Paramount, CA

#16 Apr 21, 2008
Hell Yeah that Kevin Jones dude has pipes from heavens - I wouldn't settle for less if I was them and i hope they check him out they don't need to have a cattle call of singers Jones will slay them all.
jj68gh

Quincy, IL

#17 Apr 22, 2008
all of u suck in opiniuns
James K

Bloomington, IL

#18 May 19, 2008
What is the mental capacity of someone who BLOGS here and spells OPINION .......... opiniuns ??? lol !! what is that like funiuns ? or bun yuins aghhhhhhhhhh hahahahahaaaaaa dude read a book go back and finish the 3rd grade !!! aaaahahhaaaa jj68gh -- hey maybe you did too much GGGGGGGGGGGGGG H !!! ahhhhhhhahahahahaaaaaaaa ok rest now for a while you'll be OK son.....
Yoko Ono

Lorain, OH

#19 Jun 18, 2008
Slim Shady wrote:
VELVET REVOLVERS NEW SINGER SHOULD BE KEVIN JONES HE IS A FREAKING ROCKSTAR
You are an assh*le Terri. Everyone knows that Kevin still loves Jolie. Dumb as*!
Iceman

Lexington, IL

#20 Jun 20, 2008
I just saw the video on youtube of Brian Phyll Miller getting a lot of press regarding VR
Kevin Jones of Rattleface Blows this guy away right off the face of the earth !!!
I have heard and seen Jones sing VR songs live as well as ripping GNR's Axl a new ass !! there is no question that if Velvet Revolver actually gives Jones a chance that he'll be their new singer - as he is a mixture of Chris Cornell and Steven Tyler ......... Jones shreds on guitar as well he's a real musician and I know that VR's Mgr has Jones Package in hand and has given it to the band !!!!
Iceman

Lexington, IL

#21 Jun 20, 2008
Just saw the comment above !!! lol - yeah Jones is my bud and yes he 's still love with Jolie !!

lol !!! too flippin funny Slims a loser - Yoko Ono is AKA Jolie !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stone Temple Pilots Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
STP Singer Submissions - post them here ! the w... Mar '16 david s 1
News Gov. Brown's sister on board of firm in gas leak Dec '15 Joshua Howard 1
News Weiland Cancels Upcoming European Tour (Aug '15) Aug '15 DisDude 1
News Weekend picks (Jul '14) Jul '14 muzak 1
News Lil Wayne back home for Voodoo Experience (Jun '08) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 2
News Scott Weiland, Morrissey, and Mark Farner -- is... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Greg 1
News Trial set for Phoenix woman accused of abusing ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Go Blue Forever 1
More from around the web