In wake of Weiland's drama, Stone Temple Pilots keep it tame

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Stone Temple Pilots got off to a rough start Thursday at Charter One Pavilion, with technical problems causing the recently reunited rock band to perform the opening "Big Empty" amid several interruptions.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated May 28, 2008
August West

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2008

disagree. Show was very good. Must give consideration to the fact that it was show #3 with limited rehearsal time. Silvergun Superman rocked. Also, review way off on Lady Picture Show. I thought they nailed it.
Becky

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2008

I also disagree...I thought the show as great. I thought Lady Picture show sounded great..just because the song doesn't sound like the album version doesn't mean that it was bad. When I go to a concert, I pray that the arrangements will be different than the album.

I've been to five STP concerts now, from festivals to the Riv. What I appreciate is that each concert had a slightly different vibe, but the music was always great.
idiot

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2008

Just saw them yesterday in Indy and they rocked. Better than the s*it that's out there today.
lgasper

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2008

STP's show was amazing, to write about and bash a bands performace you must really enjoy the music of that band and its past performances.
Chuck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2008

Another critic who can't play guitar or probably never has picked up an instrument. He must have been talking about another show. I didn't see the one he described.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Stone Temple Pilots Discussions

Search the Stone Temple Pilots Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Weekend picks Jul 1 muzak 1
Lil Wayne back home for Voodoo Experience (Jun '08) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 2
Scott Weiland, Morrissey, and Mark Farner -- is... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Greg 1
Trial set for Phoenix woman accused of abusing ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Go Blue Forever 1
Stone Temple Pilots nude (Dec '12) Dec '12 Trisha 1
Scott Weiland bringing solo tour to Sayreville,... (Nov '12) Nov '12 ChrisS 1
Cincy (Sep '11) Sep '11 MBTB 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••