Together again, Stone Temple Pilots to play Musikfest -- Punish...

Full story: The Morning Call

Newly reunited after six years, Stone Temple Pilots will steer a 65-date course beginning in May that includes a show in August at Bethlehem's Musikfest .

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Ron Burgandy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2008

I can't wait.... this is going to be an awesome show and I'm so happy they are coming to Musikfest rather than having to go all the way to Philly or Camden.
STP rocks!
Nice

Berlin, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2008

Awsome ,Invite the burnt out herion addict to Bethlehem to entertain us. I hope he gets caught shooting up backstage !
Ron Burgandy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2008

Rock and roll comes with drugs attached... it's just nice to see someone able to fight through their addiction.

Just go away and enjoy your easy listening,'crap rock', and we'll enjoy music that takes talent to create.
who stole my tricycle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2008

rock on

Since: Feb 08

Allentown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2008

Saw STP at Stabler back in 96 or 97. It was a good show. I may attend this show.
Dumb

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2008

Seriously here folks. Musikfest is phucking retarded for bringing in this band. I used to love STP but I stopped following them after so many drug problems. This is the 25th anniversary of Musikfest. Why not bring in some worthy bands instead of crap like this? They won't sell 2,000 tickets for this show. They will be giving them away. Watch.

Since: Jan 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2008

So many prominent rock and roll bands have created scores of music through their addictions. Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Janis Joplin, and Jimi Hendrix to name but a few.

While I'm not condoning this behavior, musicians often get caught up in substance abuse because they wish to continue the momentary high of performing. STP is no exception, and I congratulate Weiland for continuing to move through his rehabilitation.

STP's first three albums are some of the most important rock albums released in the early to mid 90's, and I am very happy that they will be returning to the stage together.

I too saw them at Stabler in the 90's and it was one of the tightest performances I've ever seen by a rock band. I guarantee that this show will NOT have any tickets left over to "give away."

Since: Jan 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2008

So sad that you chose to abandon them during their tough times. Are you also a football fan that has jumped on and off the wagons of the various teams (Dallas, Miami) once they started to deteriorate? A true fan stays loyal no matter what.
Dumb wrote:
I used to love STP but I stopped following them after so many drug problems.
Dumb

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2008

What the Heck wrote:
So sad that you chose to abandon them during their tough times. Are you also a football fan that has jumped on and off the wagons of the various teams (Dallas, Miami) once they started to deteriorate? A true fan stays loyal no matter what.
<quoted text>
Ok I may have said that wrong. I do listen to their music. It's very good. But, I just no longer pay to see them play is all I meant to say. Sometimes I ramble on for no reason. Sorry about that.
Ron Burgandy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2008

"You no longer pay to see them play?"

That's surprising, since they have been broken up since 2003. If you enjoy their music, this is the time to go see them... who knows how long this will last.

You FAIL at logic, sir.
Dumb

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2008

Ron Burgandy wrote:
"You no longer pay to see them play?"
That's surprising, since they have been broken up since 2003. If you enjoy their music, this is the time to go see them... who knows how long this will last.
You FAIL at logic, sir.
I stopped paying to see them in 1999. That's what I meant. It's not failure of logic on my part. It's more like not proof reading what I wrote. Again, sorry about that.
Ron Burgandy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2008

Dumb wrote:
<quoted text>
I stopped paying to see them in 1999. That's what I meant. It's not failure of logic on my part. It's more like not proof reading what I wrote. Again, sorry about that.
Perhaps you should read the instruction manual for the Interweb.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Stone Temple Pilots Discussions

Search the Stone Temple Pilots Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Weekend picks Jul 1 muzak 1
Lil Wayne back home for Voodoo Experience (Jun '08) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 2
Scott Weiland, Morrissey, and Mark Farner -- is... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Greg 1
Trial set for Phoenix woman accused of abusing ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Go Blue Forever 1
Stone Temple Pilots nude (Dec '12) Dec '12 Trisha 1
Scott Weiland bringing solo tour to Sayreville,... (Nov '12) Nov '12 ChrisS 1
Cincy (Sep '11) Sep '11 MBTB 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••