AC/DC seats will cost about $100

AC/DC seats will cost about $100

There are 18 comments on the El Paso Times story from Oct 8, 2009, titled AC/DC seats will cost about $100. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

In keeping with the rest of their Black Ice tour, Aussie rock gods AC/DC will charge one price and one price only for their Nov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Fan Club

Round Rock, TX

#1 Oct 9, 2009
I bought into the AC/DC fan club thinking I could get better seating for the 11/06/09 Austin show. That was a waste of 40.00 because after logging in with membership, the tickets were sold through another outlet I was not registered with and ended up getting lousy seating ten minutes after tickets went on sale. I'm sure its gonna be a great concert either way, save your money and don't use fan club.
ForThoseNotAbout ToRock

United States

#2 Oct 10, 2009
I have tickets for The Black Crowes (10/20) and KISS (12/2), and both concerts combined did not cost as much as what AC/DC tickets will. Had I known they were coming, I would have passed over The Black Crowes and KISS, since I've already seen them before. I have never seen AC/DC in concert. However, I'm not spending over $100 per ticket to see them either! The only show I would ever spend hundreds of dollars for would have been if the survivors of Led Zeppelin had decided to do a reunion tour. Guess I'm going to miss out on AC/DC yet again!
ACDC NO NO

United States

#3 Oct 10, 2009
ForThoseNotAboutToRock wrote:
I have tickets for The Black Crowes (10/20) and KISS (12/2), and both concerts combined did not cost as much as what AC/DC tickets will. Had I known they were coming, I would have passed over The Black Crowes and KISS, since I've already seen them before. I have never seen AC/DC in concert. However, I'm not spending over $100 per ticket to see them either! The only show I would ever spend hundreds of dollars for would have been if the survivors of Led Zeppelin had decided to do a reunion tour. Guess I'm going to miss out on AC/DC yet again!
Maybe you can win them on the Q, but the seats will probably suckk. Anyone who saw ACDC with Bon Scott at the barn back in the late 70's can sit this one out. Nothing compares.
ForThoseNotAbout ToRock

United States

#4 Oct 10, 2009
ACDC NO NO wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you can win them on the Q, but the seats will probably suckk. Anyone who saw ACDC with Bon Scott at the barn back in the late 70's can sit this one out. Nothing compares.
Well, I've been "Buzzless" for the past four years since I subscribed to satellite radio. I haven't listened to the Q in a long, long time!
Nelson Muntz

United States

#5 Oct 10, 2009
If every seat is the same price, why don't they just says it's general admission and the first ones in get the best seats. I wonder whose bonehead idea this was!
Ferndawg1962

United States

#6 Oct 10, 2009
Nelson Muntz wrote:
If every seat is the same price, why don't they just says it's general admission and the first ones in get the best seats. I wonder whose bonehead idea this was!
Nelson are you everywhere? I don't know if you're old enough to remember The Who concert in Cincinnati in the late 70's where people were trampled to death going into the arena the concert was held in. The biggest change was that many venues changed to assigned seating to avoid this from happenning again. I believe the barn in El Paso is still GA, correct me if I'm wrong. That's why I say most. Before that the majority of the concets were GA.
Suffocation

Canutillo, TX

#7 Oct 10, 2009
For that money there better be good security on the floor for crowd control so no one gets trampled and crushed, and as always at the Don and Coliseum they just let people get hurt while security watches and not earn their paycheck.
Luigi

El Paso, TX

#8 Oct 10, 2009
Chingao! Im not going to eat for 2 weeks to go to AC/DC!!!!!!!!!
johnnyfriegas

San Antonio, TX

#9 Oct 10, 2009
I got my tickets for $14 each
WTF

El Paso, TX

#10 Oct 11, 2009
$108.00
for that amount of money I rather rent Creedence Clearwater to play at my house!!!!!
Old Dog

United States

#11 Oct 11, 2009
ForThoseNotAboutToRock wrote:
I would give my right nut to see Led Zeppelin minus John Bonham. I hear his son is a good replacement.
Fun

Canutillo, TX

#12 Oct 11, 2009
These tickets are worth the money. You don't have to worry about traveling out of town to see a great band.
Nacho

El Paso, TX

#13 Oct 12, 2009
johnnyfriegas wrote:
Remember back in the eighties when these tickets were about $15 to $20.oo for most concerts. Using the inflation caclculator from the Bureau of Labor. In 1980,$10.oo would be $26.19 today. So to be fair the tickets should be $40 to $53.oo today. This is price gouging for these bands to be charging these prices.

They are men who are 50+ years old who are not spring chickens anymore who are shells of their former selves. As much as a rocker - this poster will pass on the concert. This poster has gone to over 50 rock concerts during that time and hate to miss it. This is one to pass.

How much is KISS charging for their El Paso concert? Does anybody know? Hope I don't have to pass them up too.
Nacho

El Paso, TX

#14 Oct 12, 2009
johnnyfriegas wrote:
Hope you don't try what was common in the 80's and purchase a cheaper ticket and have it digitally marked and try to pass it off. Today with cameras and all you will be spending the night in El Paso's local Inn for fraud. Enjoy your time at the concert.
Nacho

El Paso, TX

#15 Oct 12, 2009
Ferndawg1962 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nelson are you everywhere? I don't know if you're old enough to remember The Who concert in Cincinnati in the late 70's where people were trampled to death going into the arena the concert was held in. The biggest change was that many venues changed to assigned seating to avoid this from happenning again. I believe the barn in El Paso is still GA, correct me if I'm wrong. That's why I say most. Before that the majority of the concets were GA.
The days of concerts in the barn as Led Zeppelin called it.

Think it was about 8 people who passed. Wasn't there video on it. It also happened somewhere else? Where I don't remember.

The crush at the doors was similar here and Cruces. Security watched as the cops did too. The police at the time used to use that time to beat up rowdy concert goers and let the canines loose on them. Remember seeing counterfeiters sell tickets in front of the cops and watch them run off while the victim would try to chase them and they would threaten to arrest the victim for a riot charge. Those were the days.
WOW

Canutillo, TX

#16 Oct 12, 2009
I saw AC/DC's tour schedule and they are not playing many US dates, but they chose to play here. That means many people will be coming into town. I saw Robert Plant for $20 at Don Haskins and it sold out within a couple of hours, and many people from Mexico traveled to El Paso just to see him.
Rock Rules

El Paso, TX

#18 Oct 12, 2009
Too much $ dollars $
_Arrrrrrr

United States

#20 Oct 12, 2009
Led Zeppelin would never play at the Coliseum or the barn as it use to be called, but how can anyone charge 100.00 to go see an old rock band, I like AC/DC their music is always been Hells Bells GREAT, but 100. backaroos??? give me a break.
Hey did anyone see that photo taken in a Paris cemetary with the ghost of Jim Morrison standing next to his grave, experts say the photo is authentic.
Ghost are real and ROCK & Roll RULES.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steven Curtis Chapman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cinderel... - Steven Curtis Chap... (Sep '08) Sep '15 just some guy 3
News Steven Curtis Chapman: 'Kids from Paducah, Kent... (Mar '14) Mar '14 love 2
News Christian bands, speakers to bring hope and hea... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Zoloft 2
News Christian Star 'Wailing' Over Daughter (May '08) May '10 Lyndagayle62 225
News Get your tickets for the Contemporary Christian... (Mar '10) Mar '10 ProDEO 1
News Palin to make first Louisville appearance (Jan '10) Jan '10 Marwan er Honestly 3
News Gospel Star's Family Get Tattoos for Daughter (Nov '08) Dec '09 Casey 9
More from around the web