Steve Perry answers the South Detroit question from Journey's 'Don't Stop Believin''

Jan 11, 2012 Full story: MLive.com

Reached at home in San Diego, former Journey frontman Steve Perry admitted for the first time that he totally made up the geographic locale of "South Detroit." The world's all-time most-downloaded mp3 has inspired confusion in the hearts of Detroiters since being released in 1981.

Full Story
Buttlip Johnny

Brighton, MI

#1 Jan 11, 2012
He was talking about Downriver communities that are hard working blue collar. The mood he caught was not ghetto so thats what confuses the Detroiters. South of Detroit is what he meant, but doesnt want to embarrass the fools that shovel million after million into a dead skeleten of a city.
Mike

Eastpointe, MI

#2 Jan 12, 2012
Artistic expression. Most music lyrics don't make sense.
Old Wyandotte Punk

Lawrence, MA

#3 Jan 13, 2012
I always thought South Detroit is next to Delray. That mucky strip along W. Jefferson over the bridge where Dexter Bar and Scott Paper was in and beyond. Or should it be called southside of Detroit. I remember hanging in that area when I was a kid. The area was a little more civilized then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steve Perry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Steve Perry working on a new album Sep '14 lolly 517 1
Neal Schon Reveals Where His Relationship With ... Sep '14 Jana dickey 2
Concert Review: Night of classic rock with Jour... Jul '14 Carolyn Crocker 1
Steve Perry on Journey's Arnel Pineda: 'He's Th... Jun '14 Carolyn Crocker 1
'It could be soon': More details emerging about... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Linda 1
Steve Perry's new CD............ (Apr '13) Apr '14 amjone05 8
Steve Perry in talks for Journey comeback (Feb '14) Apr '14 Journeyfan1 10

Steve Perry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE