Classic chase scene set the standard

Full story: LA Daily News 8
The classic chase scene in the 1968 movie "Bullitt" lasted nine minutes and 42 seconds and brought attention to the Mustang GT 390 and the Dodge Charger. Full Story
Santa Cruz Dude

San Bruno, CA

#1 Jul 19, 2008
Dude

Seattle, WA

#2 Jul 19, 2008
It was the best chase scene ever! I own the Bullitt DVD, and I watch it all the time. The whole scene was filmed in San Francisco.

“bamboo forest and an iced tea”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#3 Jul 19, 2008
the race was fix
Dion

United States

#4 Jul 26, 2008
Yeah..I saw it at the movies when I was 20 and what an experience it was. That was like...40 years ago!
The hard mounted cameras on the cars and going up and down the hills of SF were...we were jumping out of our seats as they say! The interesting part I remember is when the driver of the charger fastens his seat belt..as if this is going to mean REAL business...we didnt even hardly wear seatbelts in 1968! So funny to look back on that.

Its too bad that they didnt substitute the 375 HP camaro for the stang...history could have been a little different/kinder for the camaro..then again maybe not as in the condition GM is in today.
Dude

Seattle, WA

#5 Aug 9, 2008
Ford is making a limited edition replica "Bullitt" Mustang now!
fred

Chatsworth, CA

#6 Aug 9, 2008
I agree though. I loved the part when they were driving through the mall crashing into all the stores and the Chicago PD couldn't get them before they got to the tax office anyway.
Dude

Seattle, WA

#7 Jul 18, 2009
fred wrote:
I agree though. I loved the part when they were driving through the mall crashing into all the stores and the Chicago PD couldn't get them before they got to the tax office anyway.
Hold on bud, I think you are referring to the movie Blues Brothers, not Bullit! Go to Utube.com and type in a search for "Bullitt", and you'll see what we mean!
Dude

Seattle, WA

#8 Jul 18, 2009
Sorry! That was YouTube.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steve McQueen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chad McQueen quits acting (Apr '06) May '14 johnny 32
The Great Deception (Sep '10) Sep '13 Keagan 3
Lucille Ball polka dot dress sold for $168K (Aug '13) Aug '13 Brandt 1
Fatalities continue as Chicago defends Fire Codes (Jan '13) Jan '13 Southern Cool 2
The real-life Great Escape: Survivors who tunne... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Pesky army 6
Watch The Bullitt Chase Remake From The Alcatra... (Mar '12) Jun '12 JusttheFacts 5
Steve McQueen (Mar '12) Mar '12 Bullitt 1

Steve McQueen People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE