Actor Steve Martin surprises Brevard ...

Actor Steve Martin surprises Brevard crowd

There are 28 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Sep 15, 2008, titled Actor Steve Martin surprises Brevard crowd. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Karen Chavez * [email protected] * published September 15, 2008 12:15 am Comments on Topix forums : Brevard The audience at Saturday's third annual Mountain Song Festival at the Brevard Music Center ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Yortuk Festrunk

California, MD

#24 Sep 15, 2008
southern neighbor wrote:
DANG I loooove Steve Martin. I would have loved to've been there. I agree he's so funny, talented, things you'd never expect. Actually he'd be pretty good VP
He was born a poor black child and he is one wild and crazy guy.

What other qualifications does he need?
Just Wonderin

Genoa City, WI

#25 Sep 15, 2008
Question wrote:
Doesn't he have a home in the area?
Heard he has family (possibly by marriage?) who live in Toxaway. Some folks I know spotted him at a bagel place in Brevard, wearing a hat and glasses, trying to disguise himself, when he actually drew more attention to himself.
omg is that a star

Hickory, NC

#26 Sep 15, 2008
etowah2008 wrote:
Who gives a happy hurrah where he is, just another Hollywood want'a be.
Some people cannot even hear the word 'actor 'without doing a double back flip and gushing like a school child!
starz

Maxton, NC

#27 Sep 15, 2008
Just Wonderin wrote:
<quoted text>
Heard he has family (possibly by marriage?) who live in Toxaway. Some folks I know spotted him at a bagel place in Brevard, wearing a hat and glasses, trying to disguise himself, when he actually drew more attention to himself.
I've also heard rumors that John Travolta has a place in WNC, that Steven Spielberg bought a condo in downtown Aville, that Gladys Knight lives in Fairview....just rumors in my book...

Since: Feb 07

Asheville

#29 Sep 15, 2008
starz wrote:
<quoted text>
I've also heard rumors that John Travolta has a place in WNC, that Steven Spielberg bought a condo in downtown Aville, that Gladys Knight lives in Fairview....just rumors in my book...
Gladys Knight does live in Fairview.

Since: Feb 08

Great Falls, MT

#30 Sep 15, 2008
I hate rednecks wrote:
<quoted text>
They are called DVD's you dumb redneck. Where have you been the past 15 years?
grammer patrol wrote<quoted text>
Actually, they're called DVDs. No apostrophe. That would make them belonging to DVD??? Maybe you're the dumb redneck or just a dumb smart aleck. Where were you during English class?

Actually there are BOTH CDs and DVDs available.It has nothing to do with age but the player itself.

Thomas38

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#31 Sep 16, 2008
Steve is putting an album out next year. He said this is the first stop on my one city tour. He played and sang two numbers from the album but the Steep Canyon Rangers finished their second and final set with an appearance on stage of all the festival participants except the head liner Sam Bush. They ended the set with the following Flatt and Scruggs tune: "Foggy Mountain Breakdown".

“Trust the Brits?Ask the Irish!”

Since: Dec 07

Dublin

#32 Sep 16, 2008
Martin is an accomplished banjo player, making his mark back in the early 70's with the McEuens in Aspen and the NGDB. He used to play an old gold plated Gibson, an RB-7 I think, maybe still does. He used to say something like "How can you NOT smile when you hear a banjo". But his best line, IMHO, was when asked if he minded if someone smoked in his presence he would reply, "Fine. Do you mind if I fart?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steve Martin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News David Letterman briefly unretires, devastates D... (Jul '15) Jul '15 msvk23 1
News Letterman delivers Trump 'Top 10' list (Jul '15) Jul '15 Miss Id 4
News Steve Martin has fun with Huck Finn Jubilee aud... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Go Blue Forever 1
News Latino voters may be wary of the 'Three Amigos' (Apr '15) Apr '15 ILLEGAL A-HOLE 3
News 'Parenthood' And The Strange Case Of The Missin... (Jan '15) Jan '15 DILF 1
Me and chess (Apr '14) Apr '14 Steve Martin 1
News Steve Martin Apologizes After Making Racial Jok... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Dugl 1
More from around the web