Actor Steve Martin surprises Brevard ...

Actor Steve Martin surprises Brevard crowd

There are 28 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Sep 15, 2008, titled Actor Steve Martin surprises Brevard crowd. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Karen Chavez * [email protected] * published September 15, 2008 12:15 am Comments on Topix forums : Brevard The audience at Saturday's third annual Mountain Song Festival at the Brevard Music Center ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 08

Great Falls, MT

#1 Sep 15, 2008
Steve Martin is a very talented actor.I was not aware that he played the banjo.How unique is this :)
Lance

Asheville, NC

#2 Sep 15, 2008
Steve Martin is perhaps the most talented man in Hollywood. There's absolutely nothing he can't do. He sings, dances, juggles (including cat juggling), plays a number of musical instruments, lassos, does comedy and serious with equal aplomb, writes, directs. Quite an amazing man.
bluegrassbrad

Greenville, SC

#3 Sep 15, 2008
Steve Martin is an amazing banjo player and has been playing seriously for many years. Here is a great youtube clip of him playing with banjo masters Bela Fleck and Tony Trishka.
Lee

Raleigh, NC

#4 Sep 15, 2008
GenuineNative wrote:
Steve Martin is a very talented actor.I was not aware that he played the banjo.How unique is this :)
Wow. You must have missed most of his early stand-up career then. Playing the banjo was a huge part of that.
southern neighbor

United States

#5 Sep 15, 2008
DANG I loooove Steve Martin. I would have loved to've been there. I agree he's so funny, talented, things you'd never expect. Actually he'd be pretty good VP
Yep

Asheville, NC

#6 Sep 15, 2008
GenuineNative wrote:
Banjo has become his 'special purpose'...lol...

(if you remember the movie)

Since: Feb 08

Great Falls, MT

#7 Sep 15, 2008
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Banjo has become his 'special purpose'...lol...
(if you remember the movie)
I never reallt watched him that much.Guess I will have to watch some CDs to catch up on his career.
Question

Wilmington, NC

#10 Sep 15, 2008
Doesn't he have a home in the area?
Whatever

Asheville, NC

#11 Sep 15, 2008
There's a good You Tube clip of him playing with the Muppets.
etowah2008

Mills River, NC

#12 Sep 15, 2008
Who gives a happy hurrah where he is, just another Hollywood want'a be.

Since: Feb 07

Asheville

#13 Sep 15, 2008
bluegrassbrad wrote:
Steve Martin is an amazing banjo player and has been playing seriously for many years. Here is a great youtube clip of him playing with banjo masters Bela Fleck and Tony Trishka.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1jn3KCZEqxcXX
Martin worked with and learned from William McKuen of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, so he's earned his chops on the banjo.(The B-side of the single of "King Tut" is a banjo piece.)
OOKK

Asheville, NC

#14 Sep 15, 2008
Now everyone likes Steve Martin..as I do too. His movies are great, and I have enjoyed him since he was on SNL. And who can forget "king Tut"
Lets just hope he doesn't screw it up and start messing around in politics.
Grammar Patrol

United States

#15 Sep 15, 2008
I hate rednecks wrote:
<quoted text>
They are called DVD's you dumb redneck. Where have you been the past 15 years?
Actually, they're called DVDs. No apostrophe. That would make them belonging to DVD??? Maybe you're the dumb redneck or just a dumb smart aleck. Where were you during English class?
southern neighbor

United States

#16 Sep 15, 2008
I love the movie "Bowfinger" as silly comedy, also "All of Me" with Lily Tomlin ... and "Parenthood" was a family comedy with more to it than met the eye ... and the "Spanish Prisoner" was very clever & twisty ... I always read his New Yorker articles and he wrote the story for "Traitor" which is a thought-provoking movie with don cheadle, out now. He's one of my all time faves, very versatile and seems a gentleman and gentle man. I'd love to know if he came to the area often (and where i could go find him!)
southern neighbor

United States

#18 Sep 15, 2008
bluegrassbrad wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1jn3KCZEqxcXX
Thanks for the link, very enjoyable!
USA-Citizen

Union, SC

#19 Sep 15, 2008
southern neighbor wrote:
DANG I loooove Steve Martin. I would have loved to've been there. I agree he's so funny, talented, things you'd never expect. Actually he'd be pretty good VP
VP, for WHAT?
USA-Citizen

Union, SC

#20 Sep 15, 2008
I hate rednecks wrote:
<quoted text>
They are called DVD's you dumb redneck. Where have you been the past 15 years?
Leave it up to those very smart people in Brsyon City, NC, they come up with the correct answer again, Wow....
southern neighbor

United States

#21 Sep 15, 2008
USA-Citizen wrote:
<quoted text> VP, for WHAT?
Just teasing, I prefer banjos to guns & he seems like a smart guy with good personality, has done some political stuff on SNL?.. as I said, just a joke :-)
Duh-huh

United States

#22 Sep 15, 2008
southern neighbor wrote:
Yeah he would ,after all the majority of those in Washington are just acting like they know what they are doing , has worked well so far Not!
Smell the Glove

Asheville, NC

#23 Sep 15, 2008
etowah2008 wrote:
Who gives a happy hurrah where he is, just another Hollywood want'a be.
And you have done what during your long career?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steve Martin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gowanda's rail to connect with Cherry Creek aft... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Residents 1
News Actor Steve Martin on bringing Lawren Harris to... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Brad Nail-Gunn 1
News David Letterman briefly unretires, devastates D... (Jul '15) Jul '15 msvk23 1
News Letterman delivers Trump 'Top 10' list (Jul '15) Jul '15 Miss Id 4
News Steve Martin has fun with Huck Finn Jubilee aud... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Go Blue Forever 1
News Latino voters may be wary of the 'Three Amigos' (Apr '15) Apr '15 ILLEGAL A-HOLE 3
News 'Parenthood' And The Strange Case Of The Missin... (Jan '15) Jan '15 DILF 1
More from around the web