King Tut Exhibit Opens In Philly

Full story: Hartford Courant

February 25, 2007 By GEOFF GEHMAN , The Morning Call PHILADELPHIA -- The boy king's burial bling is back for another fling.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
DLF_Blackwood_NJ _03052007

Woodbury, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2007

This was the biggest rip off since Knieval tried to jump the Snake River on a rocket.
Save your money on this one folks.
Media reviewers- shame on you!
Agreement

Union Bridge, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2007

I agree!! They should have told customers that king tut would not be there!!

Since: Mar 07

Allentown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2007

Saw it with children last week. It definitely WAS worth the money. All of the artifacts were very interesting. Lot's of gold plated items, headdress, etc.
jamie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2007

Omg..I paid over 250.00 with parking, museum tickets plus exhibit tickets & lunch for 2 adults and 4 kids...it was the biggest rip-off ever !!! You can imagine my disappointment when we became aware that king tut's death mask or sarcophagus wasn't even there...The majority of the artificats weren't even his. I was bullsh*t.

“Made in America”

Since: Apr 07

Allentown, Pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2007

angry allentownian wrote:
<quoted text>That's a shame the whole exibit was'nt there. I saw it 25yrs ago when I was in 3rd grade and it was awesome. The death mask was unbeleivable.
My brother went and he was very disappointed with it...he was excited and then got down when Tut wasnt there

“Made in America”

Since: Apr 07

Allentown, Pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2007

I agree angry...my brother is big on Egyptology and the tickets for that Tut thing were his birthday gift from my mom...she took him to some greasy food joint he likes...MacDonald's I think so he'd feel better lol...I went somewhere a couple weeks ago and I was like "eh not as fun as it used to be"...but the art's park up on Fifth between Linden and Hamilton...all hype...it should be the lot of grass...when I think art I think art not grass and a fountain...like the mayor said it was for kids...that's nice if your kid isn't alergic to grass which my daughter is plus there was nothing visually stimulating besides the DaVinci horse
Jane

New Paris, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2007

Returned from the Tut exhibit in Phili yesterday. I too felt ripped off since they used the mask to advertise it. It was pretty much of a let down to get to the last room of artifacts only to find a box with a projected image of the actual sarcophagus. On the other hand, some of the artifacts there, particularly the sarchophagus of a woman, actually overwhelmed me with tears with the beauty, history and humanity of it all. Was worth it, but should have had Tut's mask.
Toni

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2007

We just came back from Tut in Philly. How did the museums get away with advertising the image of the death mask and other items when they were not there?
Agreed

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2007

Drove to Philly this weekend all the way from Western, PA. Rented a hotel room overnight and if it wasn't for the rest of the city of Philadelphia this trip would've been a complete waste. King Tut was not worth the time/money. Fortunately we had VIP passes and didn't have to waste our time, but the amount of people waiting in line...felt bad for them! Maybe it made them appreciate it more...who knows.
NIKKI

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2007

OH MY GOD THEY ARE AWSOME BUT IT WAS EXPENSIVE FOR LUNCH AND PARKING ETC. THE MASK WAS NOT EVEN THERE IT WAS A RIP[ OFF.
NIKKI

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2007

GO ME GO ME GO ME GO ME GO ME
Duh

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2007

If you want to see the real deal cough up the bucks and go to the Cairo museum.

That museum is good for about two full days if you so choose.

“ the Crusher of Bigots”

Since: Jul 07

Self Proclaimed Scholar

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2007

Is this the tour Featuring that Brittny Spears looking king tut...Rip-oof yall should have known seeing how His Britny Spears bust was not the same color as his Real Authentic busts.

I plan to take a veacation to Cario and see some real Kemetian stuff.

Long live Kmet.

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Does it matter?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2007

SatanMC wrote:
Saw it with children last week. It definitely WAS worth the money. All of the artifacts were very interesting. Lot's of gold plated items, headdress, etc.
I agree. I went to see it back when they first opened it [a friend had to do a report on it], the artifacts were very interesting. Amarna at the Penn State [something or other] Museum was another interesting one.
Duh

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2007

Jari-ankamun wrote:
Is this the tour Featuring that Brittny Spears looking king tut...Rip-oof yall should have known seeing how His Britny Spears bust was not the same color as his Real Authentic busts.
I plan to take a veacation to Cario and see some real Kemetian stuff.
Long live Kmet.
lol tell all them A-rabs how you b the reel deel and sheet and see what they say to you thier "authentic brotha"

lolololol

Get over it you aint even close to being related

“ the Crusher of Bigots”

Self Proclaimed Scholar

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2007

Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
lol tell all them A-rabs how you b the reel deel and sheet and see what they say to you thier "authentic brotha"
lolololol
did I say I was related..huh idiot.or did I say that his new bust look nothing like his real bust. hmmmm

“ the Crusher of Bigots”

Self Proclaimed Scholar

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2007

Duh wrote:
If you want to see the real deal cough up the bucks and go to the Cairo museum.
That museum is good for about two full days if you so choose.
By the way what does the Cario Museum have..and what is the price of it please. Oh and have you ever been to the Valley of the Kings if so what was it like. I really want to take a vacation to Egypt.

“ the Crusher of Bigots”

Self Proclaimed Scholar

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2007

Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
lolololol
Also if you want to go there my Dad has Sudanese and Spanish blood in him as well as West Afiican.

“ the Crusher of Bigots”

Self Proclaimed Scholar

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2007

New King tut Bust
http://pun.org/josh/archives/king_tut.jpg
Brittany Spears
http://www.hecklerspray.com/wp-content/upload...
LOLLLLLLLLOLLOL...Man I got a cramp laughing...Now Tell me they dont look alike....

You know thats funny DUH...

NOw the Authentic King tut Bust..
http://media.npr.org/programs/re/archivesdate...
http://www.civilization.ca/civil/egypt/images...
http://www.civilization.ca/civil/egypt/images...
http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/beaut...
now the tut bist of today..http://pun.org/josh/arc hives/king_tut.jpg..they look nothing alike.

“ the Crusher of Bigots”

Self Proclaimed Scholar

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2007

sorry my first link messed up..lol
try this one..http://guardians.net/hawa ss/Tut/images/Tut%202.%20Frenc h%20Team.jpg
now Brit. Spears..
http://www.hecklerspray.com/wp-content/upload ...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL...that still funny

But seriously the new bust is cool, but they could have done a better job of making it look like a real Egyptian Bust. As an Artist, I think the Egyptian form of at is uniqe and I would have tried to make the Bust look like it was ceated in the time of Tut. It would have been cool a mix of Modern and Ancient art. The Egyptians would have never made Tut look like that..he looks too feminine.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Steve Martin Discussions

Search the Steve Martin Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Me and chess Apr '14 Steve Martin 1
Steve Martin nude (Nov '11) Jan '14 Yeah Yeah Babe 3
Steve Martin Apologizes After Making Racial Jok... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Dugl 1
steve martin analyzing a painting in art museum... (Oct '13) Oct '13 biru 1
RIP Steve (Nov '12) Nov '12 andy 3
Bluegrass Awards remember Earl Scruggs, Doc Watson (Sep '12) Sep '12 downtheline 1
Steve Martin - nude! (Jul '12) Jul '12 Yajaira 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••