'Short Circuit' Remake Is Alive - No ...

'Short Circuit' Remake Is Alive - No word on whether Steve Gutt...

There are 11 comments on the Zap2it.com story from Apr 4, 2008, titled 'Short Circuit' Remake Is Alive - No word on whether Steve Gutt.... In it, Zap2it.com reports that:

First "Dancing With the Stars" brought Steve Guttenberg back to life and now Dimension Films is hoping to do the same with one of The Gutt's most enduring films.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Zap2it.com.

Blue Sean

United States

#1 Apr 4, 2008
I actually don't hate this idea as much as I think I should. The originals are classic, so they can't taint them. As long as they don't turn the new one into "Johnny 5: The Transforming Terminator", it shouldn't be too bad.
Chad

Boynton Beach, FL

#2 Apr 4, 2008
I like this idea alot. I loved this movie, I was 6 when it came out. Just comes down to how good the script is and the casting.
RoboFlop

Gaithersburg, MD

#3 Apr 4, 2008
I hear Johnny Five hooks up with Vicky from "Small Wonder" (he's not been popular with the robotettes due to his "short circuit"). Meanwhile, Lou Dobbs claims that robots are stealing jobs from Americans and pushes to revoke the robotic citizenship status Johnny was awarded at the end of Short Circuit 2.
Rick

Worcester, MA

#4 Apr 5, 2008
Sounds like someone has been watching the trailers for Wall*E from Pizar and see a way to bring Johnny 5 back. I know other who have watch the trailer and see the similarities.
Rick

Worcester, MA

#5 Apr 5, 2008
Oops, I mean Pixar.
Top Bollocks

UK

#6 Apr 6, 2008
I don't believe it !
Anonymous

Portland, OR

#7 Apr 7, 2008
Enough of these remakes already. Short Circuit was a good movie. I can't understand why they'd want to remake it though.
WOW---Deja Vu

Boca Raton, FL

#8 Apr 7, 2008
Hasn't this idea been done already? Can't "Hollywood" come up with any ORIGINAL ideas? Why must we be subjected to remakes of timely shows just because it supposidly 'can be done better'?
(ie: Journey To The Center Of The Earth; too many to mention!)
C'mon guys...quit reinventing the wheel and THINK UP a new design(story)! Give us viewers something new, fresh, and original.
Bacjack

Salt Lake City, UT

#9 Apr 7, 2008
This was one of my favorite movies Steve, Allie and Fisher were the perfect cast. Number five was so innocent and starved for love information and emotion.

I'd love to see a re-make with the improvements in CGI. Love to see it come back again!
Fran L

Hummelstown, PA

#10 Apr 8, 2008
The original Short Circuit was a funny, engaging film that deserves to have a remake. Fisher Stevens really stole the movie. One can only hope the remake is as good as the original.
artvgiab-hotmail -com

Choctaw, OK

#11 Apr 4, 2009
For Johnny 5: I enjoyed the movies I saw of Johnny 5 and want to see more. I hope the original theme is somewhat followed in the new movie but will accept anything they put out. The guy who did the voice is also very important. I know I am seeing this webpage a year to the day after this page was posted but I hope the work of putting the movie together is still being done. My email address is " [email protected] " if anyone knows if the movie is in production or not.- Arthur

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steve Guttenberg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steve Guttenberg nude (Nov '11) Nov '11 Magnolia 1
News 'Short Circuit' Remake Is Alive (Oct '11) Nov '11 Who 6
News Mike Argento: Sarah Palin 'Going Rogue' on reality (Nov '09) Nov '09 JeffreyABrown 23
News An Open Petition To Resurrect Police Academy 8 (Jan '08) Oct '08 ross 3
News Report: Selleck set for 'Dancing with the Stars' (Aug '08) Aug '08 Mitzi 3
News Paragon Pictures Inc. Announce their First Stra... (Aug '08) Aug '08 Robert 1
News Asheville Art Museum offers cinematic feast (Aug '08) Aug '08 AlanDit 1
More from around the web