Comedy to warm up the screens

Comedy to warm up the screens

There are 2 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from May 23, 2008, titled Comedy to warm up the screens. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Like many a movie lover and even some Hollywood insiders, Ron Shelton, a writer-director of classic sports comedies, found himself going through comedy withdrawal last fall and winter, when the studios left ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

GHT

Portland, OR

#1 May 23, 2008
Steve Carell's 'Evan Almighty' was a huge disappointment. His Evan character on the first movie was fantastic and sucked in the second. I saw the clips for the new Get Smart flick. In no way does that even look remotely as funny as the original.
Conor

Rockville, MD

#2 May 23, 2008
I think Get Smart does look funny. I'm glad this summer will be filled with good films. Some summers are just hopeless when it comes to the big screen. This year I have a lot to look forward to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steve Carell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Best Actor Pick for 2015 Academy Awards (Feb '15) Feb '15 Toby 1
News REVIEW: Surprising talent creates weird onscree... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Bryan Fischer s H... 2
News December 26 - 28, 2013 (12/26 - 12/28): Target ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Target Sucks 1
News The Way, Way Back Movie Review (Jul '13) Sep '13 Dmoviestreaming 2
News Minions' evil plot: Steal the show in 'Despicab... (Jul '13) Jul '13 enoel 1
News Why You Should Take the2012 Apocalypse Seriously (Jun '13) Jun '13 Jim 1
News Training Day (Jun '13) Jun '13 Jim 1
More from around the web