'The Office' Works a Demo Win for NBC - CBS tops Thursday's ove...

Full story: Zap2it.com
Steve Carell of 'The Office' Fast National ratings for Thursday, April 17, 2008 "Survivor" and drama repeats were enough to give CBS an overall ratings win Thursday, but NBC led the demographic pack thanks to ... Full Story
the_shoparazzi

Atlanta, GA

#1 Apr 18, 2008
the office, for me, has been drying out post strike. i wish they'd get it together.

30 rock needed to recover from the milf island episode and last night it really didn't.
Ryan

United States

#2 Apr 18, 2008
I personally think the rating system is messed up. Almost everyone I know watches Smallville and One Tree Hill, but their ratings do not show it. I NEVER hear anyone say "Oh I better get home and watch 'Without a Trace' or 'CSI'."
Alan 59

United States

#3 Apr 20, 2008
Ryan, that's the danger of universalizing your personal experience. As a counterpoint, my parents will watch "CSI" and "Without A Trace," but would never consider catching "Smallville," "One Tree Hill," or anything else on the CW. The same could be said for many TV viewers over forty.

All four of them are good series in their own ways, but they don't necessarily attract the same audience. Despite what Madison Avenue would have us believe, I don't think one type of audience is superior to another.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steve Carell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Actor Pick for 2015 Academy Awards Feb 20 Toby 1
REVIEW: Surprising talent creates weird onscree... Dec '14 Bryan Fischer s H... 2
December 26 - 28, 2013 (12/26 - 12/28): Target ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Target Sucks 1
The Way, Way Back Movie Review (Jul '13) Sep '13 Dmoviestreaming 2
Minions' evil plot: Steal the show in 'Despicab... (Jul '13) Jul '13 enoel 1
Why You Should Take the2012 Apocalypse Seriously (Jun '13) Jun '13 Jim 1
Training Day (Jun '13) Jun '13 Jim 1
More from around the web