First 2 couples eliminated on 'Dancin...

First 2 couples eliminated on 'Dancing With the Stars' -- Enter...

There are 7 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 26, 2008, titled First 2 couples eliminated on 'Dancing With the Stars' -- Enter.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Magician Penn Jillette and tennis champ Monica Seles were the first stars eliminated from the sixth season of ABC's "Dancing With the Stars." Each came into Tuesday's results show in last place.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

I hate TV

United States

#1 Mar 26, 2008
Why is something from a TV show considered news?
Mike

Chicago, IL

#2 Mar 26, 2008
Who cares? The crap America eats up on TV as medication to escape their boring lives is scary these days.
myself

Virginia, IL

#3 Mar 26, 2008
I hate TV wrote:
Why is something from a TV show considered news?
Maybe it's part of the plan of dumbing people down. I've never owned a tv and will never get one.
Definition

United States

#6 Mar 26, 2008
Definition of news:
1 a: a report of recent events b: previously unknown information <I've got news for you> c: something having a specified influence or effect <the rain was good news for lawns and gardens — Garrison Keillor> <the virus was bad news>
2 a: material reported in a newspaper or news periodical or on a newscast b: matter that is newsworthy

If you dont like it- dont read it. The title should give you a pretty good clue what it is about!
Marvin

Chicago, IL

#7 Mar 26, 2008
Is this news? Is there a war (Mr. Bush's Long War) going on that might merit more thoughtful and honest coverage? Why is this great city stuck with a second-rate tabloid masquerading as a newspaper?

Thank gods for the NYT and the foreign press. Journalism is dead in Chicago.
bjn

Carmel, IN

#8 Mar 26, 2008
Definition wrote:
Definition of news:
1 a: a report of recent events b: previously unknown information <I've got news for you> c: something having a specified influence or effect <the rain was good news for lawns and gardens — Garrison Keillor> <the virus was bad news>
2 a: material reported in a newspaper or news periodical or on a newscast b: matter that is newsworthy
If you dont like it- dont read it. The title should give you a pretty good clue what it is about!
The story should be under 'entertainment' not under 'more headlines'. You shouldn't have to wade through fluff to find out what is really happening in the world.
I hate TV

United States

#9 Mar 27, 2008
Definition wrote:
Definition of news:
Such a lame old cliche, using the definition to start your argument. But to follow along, something from a "reality" show should not be considered "newsworthy" or "previously unknown information". I'm sure the producers of the show knew the outcome months ago.

I personally would like the Tribune to maintain a higher standard which is why I questioned their inclusion of this story. By the way, I didn't read the drivel.

Sam Zell - Please don't dumb down our paper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stars Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Music 7 Stars Who Should Stop Trying To Be Mich... (Apr '14) Apr '14 I Am Here To Sort... 2
News The Beach Boys, As We Stand headline High Point... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Gkwn 1
News Presenting Stars at Uptown Theatre Napa on 10/21 (Mar '13) Mar '13 Tom 1
News Presenting Stars at Uptown Theatre Napa on 10/21 (Mar '13) Mar '13 Tim 1
News Jason Hite on Sharing a Dressing Room With 15 P... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Hope 1
News The AMA'S in Fast Forward (Nov '10) Nov '10 COTTON 1
News Big Stars align for Deer Valley Bright Nights -... (May '10) May '10 what 6
More from around the web