Locals plan peace march Fridaya s event to remember stabbing vi...

Although Snoop Dogg won't be at Friday's peace rally in Pittsfield to commemorate a local man killed here last month, the famous hip-hop performer supports the message of the event, which is expected to draw a crowd and feature speeches by anti-violence advocates and politicians alike. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
why not

Florence, MA

#1 Apr 28, 2010
really? are you serious?
Wondering

Clifton Park, NY

#2 Apr 28, 2010
Can someone please clarify something for me? Was this young man, Jahda Martin, a known drug dealer and had previous arrests for drugs? Was he a drop out from a free college education? Can someone explain why we are offering prayer for someone who possibly was responsible for getting your child hooked on drugs or being their supplier to help ruin another childs future? Just wondering.
value system

Leicester, MA

#3 Apr 28, 2010
Wondering wrote:
Can someone please clarify something for me? Was this young man, Jahda Martin, a known drug dealer and had previous arrests for drugs? Was he a drop out from a free college education? Can someone explain why we are offering prayer for someone who possibly was responsible for getting your child hooked on drugs or being their supplier to help ruin another childs future? Just wondering.
"...a former Lee High School basketball star..."

That says it all.
Spider

Bolton Landing, NY

#4 Apr 28, 2010
Having a march to promote peace and non-violence is a worthy cause, but to do so in honor of a drug dealer is absurd (yes, we know, he was a basketball player in Lee).

Mayors Ruberto and Alcombright should have their heads examined. What a great messaage to send to our kids.

Next we will hear that he is being canonized for sainthood!
Hmmmm

Pittsfield, MA

#5 Apr 28, 2010
Spider wrote:
Having a march to promote peace and non-violence is a worthy cause, but to do so in honor of a drug dealer is absurd (yes, we know, he was a basketball player in Lee).
Mayors Ruberto and Alcombright should have their heads examined. What a great messaage to send to our kids.
Next we will hear that he is being canonized for sainthood!
Couldn't agree with you more.
Suicide

Westfield, MA

#6 Apr 28, 2010
The lad committed suicide and should not be memorialized for it!
Enter the drug market, you set yourself up for serious injury or death. His was death, therefore it was suicide!
Case closed, those arrested, yes charge them with murder and 'do unto others as they have done", therfore, put all on death row & do it quick!
No sympathy for any involved!
He knew 'right from wrong' & chose 'wrong'. Deal with it!
Skeptical

United States

#7 Apr 28, 2010
It is tragic that Mr. Martin was killed and I think the March is a great idea. However, given that Mr. Martin was a known drug offender, perhaps the march should incorporate an anti drug message in addition to peace.

“Limitedtimeoffer exps21122012”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsfield

#8 Apr 28, 2010
Skeptical wrote:
It is tragic that Mr. Martin was killed and I think the March is a great idea. However, given that Mr. Martin was a known drug offender, perhaps the march should incorporate an anti drug message in addition to peace.
I agree if the drugs where not illegal then the killing perhaps would have never happened.
I am me

Clifton Park, NY

#9 Apr 28, 2010
give me a f-ing break!!!
outside looking in

AOL

#10 Apr 28, 2010
Wondering wrote:
Yes he droped out of free college to sell drugs because according to his own staement.Can you believe it he had a chance for a good education for when he got done schooling he could have wound up with a good paying job+he could of had a chance to play pro Basketball.But a chose a different path.
outside looking in

AOL

#11 Apr 28, 2010
I meant to say because he need the money.
I am me

Clifton Park, NY

#12 Apr 28, 2010
outside looking in wrote:
I meant to say because he need the money.
aol is still around??
Rudy

Barre, MA

#13 Apr 28, 2010
I've got to agree with you folks. It blows my mind - as said before, what a lesson for our children. Have a peace march - that is good, but let's not use it to memoralize a drug dealer (only a basketball star for a short time. A drug dealer much longer.)

Whose brainy idea was this? Some do-gooder who is not thinking clearly. Mr. Mayors, show us some common sense and boycott this march.
will

Wynantskill, NY

#14 Apr 28, 2010
Jackasourus wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree if the drugs where not illegal then the killing perhaps would have never happened.
nice!
Give me a break

West Hatfield, MA

#15 Apr 28, 2010
A known drug dealer with a barber shop as a front with a rap sheet and tried to kill bill dami with a 2x4 Holding a peace rally for another drug dealer ? only in america
Spider

Bolton Landing, NY

#16 Apr 29, 2010
Wouldn't this march be better served if it was dedicated to all of our military who died in the name of PEACE and NON-VIOLENCE? You know, "real heroes"?
Spider

Bolton Landing, NY

#17 Apr 29, 2010
I hope members of our City Council will not feel obligated to join with the mayors in this march.
A walk in the park

Monson, ME

#18 Apr 29, 2010
Will Mayor Ruberto be giving his life and everything in Pittsfield is beautiful speech? The city councilors can cheer him on.
no glory

Monson, ME

#19 Apr 29, 2010
Spider wrote:
Wouldn't this march be better served if it was dedicated to all of our military who died in the name of PEACE and NON-VIOLENCE? You know, "real heroes"?
war is not a peaceful and non-violent sport.
Yoga Man

Allentown, PA

#20 Apr 29, 2010
Peace is a noble idea. Let us remember peace through stength works best.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Snoop Dogg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do You Remember Hip Hop's Most Cuddly Moments? ... Sep '14 Steve 1
Snoop Dogg Banned From Norway Over Weed Bust (Jul '12) Jun '14 Jack 6
Snoop Dogg plays Varsity, calls BR a second homea (Feb '14) Feb '14 Tonytone 1
Petition to have Big Day Out headliner Snoop Do... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Seanny T 9
50 Cent threatens to quit, but is he just getti... (Sep '07) Dec '13 TheAfroHedgehog 3
SNoop Dogg ALBANIA/KOSOVA 's best friend (Nov '13) Nov '13 albopride 1
Lil' Wayne brings his 'hustler musik' to Monroe (Oct '07) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 9
More from around the web