Life is Too $hort

Life is Too $hort

There are 29 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Mar 19, 2009, titled Life is Too $hort. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

Short Dog's in the House . You have heard of him. Your dad has heard of him. He is who comes to mind first when people think of Bay Area rap and he is coming to the Arcata Community Center Sunday, March 22.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
concerned mom

Arcata, CA

#22 Mar 25, 2009
interesting wrote:
Like I said, you are in total denial. You can keep attempting to justify your stupidity but as others have seen you can't do it.
You also say you have 2 jobs and you are on welfare. Your comments above.
Somebody get her, she's cheating the system.
Oh yeah you'll come back with some kind of lie.
We all believe you.
Now be sure you check the schedules for the next foul mouth concert
or maybe something worse. Because that way they will learn about the real world.
Let them watch the TV news, they'll learn plenty about the real world.
Tally ****, i can't stand anymore of your illness.
I am NOT on welfare and I never said that I was. I never said that I had 2 jobs, I said I have a full time job and I said that my daughter has a job. My children don't even get state medical, I pay for their health insurance, so I am in no way cheating the system. Sounds to me like you got your heart stomped on by some woman and now you are out to bash all of us.
Nor-Cal Native

Eureka, CA

#23 Mar 25, 2009
Why does the TS put such effort into promoting this culture of disrespect and avoid the issues of state so.And MOM you are a grossly negligent parent for allowing your daughter to attend such a travesty.Or maybe you both did a little coal burnin'How touching,a great bonding event for all.
concerned mom

Arcata, CA

#24 Mar 26, 2009
It is such a great world that we live in where I am all of a sudden a bad mother just because I don't share the same beliefs as you. Everyone is different and the fact that I like rap music and allow my children to listen to it does not make me a bad mother.
Help

Mckinleyville, CA

#25 Mar 26, 2009
Hey lady (I use the term very loosely) I like to get bagged every night so I'll start using your good mother BS and let my 3 teens join me.
Then I'll be a good mother too.
Bring your kids over & join us. Maybe we can do a little pot together too.
Dam* we'll make co-mothers of the year.
Incidentally I've read all the above posts and you lose big time.
Shame on you.
Short Dogg

Covina, CA

#26 Mar 26, 2009
jimi wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a couple comments-
Interesting- You say YOU treat women with respect,
and then go on to say ;
"And lets stop acting like all girls are classy and respect themselves, because they don't."..
Well, have you ever wondered what MADE them have no self respect in the first place?
Could 20 years of 'songs' about bi-tches and ho's being slapped and abused have anything to do with that, do you think? Women as nothing more than slabs of meat?
And CLASS? please!
Americans in general no longer have any idea what 'class' really is, MUCH less rappers!
'Class' is not about stealing samples, L.A. mansions with no pictures on the wall, and Mercedes Benz's.'Class' is not about gold teeth and how many $100 dollar bills you can flash.
I realize its the music you grew up with, but that doesnt mean its good, or that you need to defend it. When I was growing up we had some great music, and sure, plenty of crap. The good stuff lasts-
the other does not.
Ive enjoyed rock, classical, jazz, my whole life.
All music from different eras.
GOOD music stands the test of time- do you really think anyone will be listening to 'Short Dog' in 30 years? Really?
And no GOOD music Ive ever heard talks about abusing women or killing cops.
Ho Buisness is the longest running buisness of all time. Hoes have been around b4 hip hop. You obviously don't talk to women or get out much, go out and observe these kids and how they act. AND I DO RESPECT WOMEN NOT HOES. theres a difference
anonymous

Arcata, CA

#27 Mar 26, 2009
concerned mom wrote:
It is such a great world that we live in where I am all of a sudden a bad mother just because I don't share the same beliefs as you. Everyone is different and the fact that I like rap music and allow my children to listen to it does not make me a bad mother.
Don't listen to that person. They are just bitter for some reason or another. You're doing great. It's really good that you're actually spending time with your kids, something more and more parents these days don't do.

Most of the time someone is so opinionated about what someone else is doing that has no affect on them, especially when it actually involves spending time with their kids, something a vast majority of parents don't even do, it's to keep their attention off the deficiencies in their own life. Feel good that you will hopefully never be as bitter as this person is.

His/her kids were most likely sneaking out of the house to go to see too-short back in the day (if they even have kids and aren't a 12 year old troll), smoking herb and drinking 40's at the show and getting nasty in the back seat of a car in the parking lot.
Jesse Hastings

United States

#28 Apr 2, 2009
Great to see Too $hort, unfortunately he was only there for a half hour. The Dj said he was lost, but hard to believe a million dollar rapper doesn't have a gps laying around the limo. At $40 at the door, one hour of the local rappers, 2 and a half hours of a DJ playing records, and just a half hour of Too $hort, I'll save my money next time around. Besides it was all ages and no alcohol!!! I decided to flirt with one of the Mom's there.
white guy from ohio

Fremont, OH

#29 Apr 3, 2009
to jimi: to your comment on "good music will stand the test of time" (30 years) well my friend in 1981 too short dropped "Born To Mack" this guy is still making records & money to this day with little or no advertisement! 28 years?? who else has done that?? you have to give the man his props when they are due. back when the " Freaky Tales" started in the 80's it was actually SHOCK VALUE then & it made money & lots of it. the funny thing about that is, it STILL MAKES MONEY!!! Everyone needs to remember that music is ENTERTAINMENT if you are not entertained.. then move along. if any of you "Bashers" were to actually pay attention to some of the lyrics he has actually made some very POSITIVE songs... ever heard " Don't Ever Give Up" from the Chase The Cat album? he is always telling ppl to stay in school & to just simply GET MONEY the legal way!!! most music is not positive, the same with movies, most ppl don't buy that stuff. if you can name 5 artists that have made alot of money staying positive then i can name 50 that have done without. money talks... WHAT WOULD YOU DO?????
Ace

Sausalito, CA

#30 Aug 6, 2011
Classic Album for the trunk, a pioneer of being a self-made rap star. Kids arent as easily impressed by freaky tales these days but still a must listen for 13 and younger rap fans

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Snoop Dogg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The weird high magic of "Martha & Snoop's Potlu... Nov '16 Geezer 6
News Snoop Dogg, 50 cent in El Paso this weekend Sep '16 TrapMusic 13
True love (May '16) Sep '16 hjytjytujygt uj 2
News Snoop Dogg honored in politically charged BET H... Sep '16 Laura B S 1
bambam (Aug '16) Aug '16 brandy trujillo 1
News Snoop the survivor: Iconic rapper adapts, succe... (Feb '11) Jun '16 DJ Tek 1200 37
Still good live? (Mar '16) Mar '16 lalakerman 1
More from around the web