Brunswick singers belt out songs for ...

Brunswick singers belt out songs for Idol title

There are 2 comments on the Myrtle Beach Online story from Dec 6, 2006, titled Brunswick singers belt out songs for Idol title. In it, Myrtle Beach Online reports that:

Oldies, country and gospel were among the genres chosen by the 20 contestants in the third annual Brunswick County Idol and second annual Brunswick Teen Idol competitions Dec.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Myrtle Beach Online.

Michael E Lynch

Shallotte, NC

#1 Dec 27, 2006
I have been in the music business for many years. During my enlistment in the Air Force, I won a bunch of talent shows, songwriting contests, etc. I won best guitarist / singer of European military members, which consisted of over 800,000 members.
I have performed with Lee Ann Rhymes, Charlie Daniels, Clint Black, Deanna Carter, Dixie Chicks, Ronnie Milsap, Alan Jackson, Vince Gill, Reba, Little Big Town, Little Texas, Night Ranger, Cheap Trick, Molly Hatchet, Van Zant, and others.
For the past 15 years I have been operating a recording studio, producing, and writing.
The music industry is a lottery! It is the exact same thing. Each Record Company receives several thousand CD's per year. For instance: When I completed my debut CD in 2002, I sent it to every record company that I could find. RCA gets about 5000 CD's per year. EMI gets 5000 CD's per year. Curb gets 5000 CD's per year.
Each company will only sign less than 10 new Artist's per year. Today, music is only a part of the whole package. The record giants need to sell records, video, posters, face shots, personality, T-shirts, etc. You need to have the entire package now. If you are an unattractive person, you will need to be "over the top awesome" in order to get a record deal.
Look at Garth Brooks, Randy Travis, Travis Trit, Dixie Chicks, Vince Gill, Michael Jackson, Madonna, etc. When the little boys and girls quit screaming for you, you're done! The music industry is looking for 15 to 25 year old, great looking, great musicians, nowadays, and you must be over the top. So, if you want to even try this business, you better have the whole package!
Tyrone Hill

Supply, NC

#2 Apr 17, 2007
This article covered the event really good! It was an amazing experience for me to be one of the competitors for the Brunswick Idol title. I loved hearing Gregory "Timothy" Wright sing as well as my cousin La'Monica Hill, sister Tiffany Hill and all of the other contestants. It really didn't even feel like a competition to me!
A sickness fell apon me a few days before the competition and my voice weared away to the point were I couldn't even practice singing anymore. I tryed taking medicines but they took no effect. My throat felt like it had a thick soar in the back of it and it hurt me to swallow. Every morning I got up it felt worse and worse.
About 2 nights before the competition I anointed my throat and spoke to Jesus Christ according to Isaiah 53:5 that with his stripes I am healed. The stuff in my throat shot up and I had to run to the trash can to spit it out. I had completely recovered enough to sing in the competition thanks to God.
I spoke to him saying that the ministry comes before the competition and I reminded myself that i'm singing for God still, I'm just going to do it before the people and the judges.
I got a brake through, an agreeance from God while I was on that stage singing.
It was the best feeling I ever felt on stage singing of my life the song that God himself ministered to my heart with "STATE OF PEACE."
IF YOU READ THIS AND IT BLESSES YOU PLEASE SEND A REPORT TO [email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Smokie Norful Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Sunday Best' is B.E.T.'s entry in talent shows (Nov '07) Dec '08 Kathie Andrade 10
News Showing some love for top gospel artists (Apr '07) Oct '07 liz 5
More from around the web