Now 'Stone' family member knows what ...

Now 'Stone' family member knows what soul truly means

There are 8 comments on the Vallejo Times-Herald story from Aug 9, 2010, titled Now 'Stone' family member knows what soul truly means. In it, Vallejo Times-Herald reports that:

Stewart, co-founder of the funk/soul/rock pioneer band Sly and Family Stone and better known as Freddie Stone, said for years, he lost his name entirely.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vallejo Times-Herald.

Vallejo Joe

United States

#1 Aug 9, 2010
Boy I wish they'd get back together for a few concerts at least. One of the great bands of all time. BTW, they didn't celebrate the "differences" between people. They celebrated what we all have in common. Which is 99% of everything important...
vjonative2

Vacaville, CA

#2 Aug 9, 2010
amen, vallejo joe. makes men wanna dance just thinking about it.
vjonative2

Vacaville, CA

#3 Aug 9, 2010
meant me not men. although men may want to dance also.
David Scola

Martinez, CA

#5 Aug 9, 2010
I am happy to hear that Fred is doing well. He won't remember me but we went to school together back at good old Farragut Elementary in Vallejo. I enjoyed the music they made with the Family Stone group and remember brother Sly's "Yellow Moon" recording with the Vallejo High School group the Viscanes. Keep up the good work Fred and I'm glad you found your calling.
Jim Shaw

Mesa, AZ

#6 Aug 9, 2010
Finally some good news for Vallejo !

yes I remember them from growing up in Vallejo
casper51

Watsonville, CA

#7 Aug 9, 2010
Some people have no parent to look up to as a roll model and many times its just a matter of finding someone you believe has contributed things in there life that you respect and you can just follow that persons path and get the same values and rewards as that person has. Some popular/famous Vallejo people that found success like Bill Buckner/baseball, ConFunkShun/music, Jeff Gordon/race car driver, Dick Bass/football star, all from Vallejo and all had dreams they followed and succeeded in at least to a point. Now we still have a member of Sly and the Family Stone who, without question were one of the most successful and greatest groups of that decade. Even though some members broke off and went through struggles some made it. Pastor Frederick Stewart came from the bottom, struggled with the Devil and found God. I still enjoy those "Oldies",
Me and You

El Sobrante, CA

#8 Oct 24, 2010
It has not gotten better that this!
Funkymonkey

UK

#9 Nov 24, 2010
vjonative2 wrote:
meant me not men. although men may want to dance also.
I'm a man and it makes me wanna dance to the music, after all arent we everyday people too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sly Stone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sly & the Family Stone released a new box set (... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mario Lopez 1
News Fam... - Sly & The Family Stone (Mar '11) Mar '11 White tornado 1
News Concert Review | George Clinton: Celebration of... (Dec '10) Dec '10 ittsburgh 5
News Now 'Stone' family member knows what soul truly... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Dance to the music 1
News Sly Stone sues ex-manager, claiming millions kept (Jan '10) Jan '10 Serrano 5
News Sly Stone sues ex-manager for withheld royalties (Jan '10) Jan '10 Karg 1
News Reclusive Sly Stone To Join Tribute Jam At The ... (Jan '06) Jan '09 Jeff 12
More from around the web