Sly Stone sues ex-manager, claiming millions kept

Jan 28, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KEPR 19

Sly Stone sued a former business manager and others on Thursday, claiming tens of millions of dollars in royalties were kept from the singer who now depends on Social Security to survive.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Serrano

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

Judged:

Sly - get the family back together, organize a band and hit the state fair and oldies circuit working your old numbers. You can make a living. You had a lot of hits you can milk for years if you just get out there and croak them out to a crowd. People will pay to see that.
Oldies Lover

San Juan Capistrano, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

Sly and others of his era were, in general, much more talented than the musicians of today! Most of the songs were catchy and the kind that might get stuck in your head. The lyrics were much better and wholesome. No wonder there is so much perversion and violence in society today and much of it is a direct result of exposure to the baser elements of the entertainment industry.
Oldies Lover

San Juan Capistrano, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

I forgot to add it is good he is suing and this should be a lesson to anyone who needs a business manager. Many other musicians have been taken advantage of. I wonder what took him so long to catch onto the fact he was being ripped off?
Oldies Lover

San Juan Capistrano, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

Serrano wrote:
Sly - get the family back together, organize a band and hit the state fair and oldies circuit working your old numbers. You can make a living. You had a lot of hits you can milk for years if you just get out there and croak them out to a crowd. People will pay to see that.
Maybe they could open a theatre in Branson, Missouri or at least appear there!!!
Serrano

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2010

Judged:

Oldies Lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they could open a theatre in Branson, Missouri or at least appear there!!!
If he is going to sue anyone, he should sue Prince for getting rich performing Sly's act.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sly Stone Discussions

Search the Sly Stone Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Sly & the Family Stone released a new box set (... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mario Lopez 1
Fam... - Sly & The Family Stone (Mar '11) Mar '11 White tornado 1
Concert Review | George Clinton: Celebration of... (Dec '10) Dec '10 ittsburgh 5
Now 'Stone' family member knows what soul truly... (Aug '10) Nov '10 Funkymonkey 8
Now 'Stone' family member knows what soul truly... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Dance to the music 1
Sly Stone sues ex-manager for withheld royalties (Jan '10) Jan '10 Karg 1
Reclusive Sly Stone To Join Tribute Jam At The ... (Jan '06) Jan '09 Jeff 12
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••