Florida-based Publix supermarkets are...

Florida-based Publix supermarkets are a favorite target of MySp...

There are 48 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Mar 22, 2009, titled Florida-based Publix supermarkets are a favorite target of MySp.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

TAMPA, Florida - Managers at Publix supermarkets have new troublemakers to chase down besides the usual shoplifters: children running through the store in chicken suits.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
visitor

AOL

#47 Mar 23, 2009
Well....Publix tried a prank on me and I will never shop there again. Last year...Feb., 2008 I went into the Publix in Clermont, Florida looking to buy a case of water, 24/16 oz. bottles. I nearly fainted when I saw their price of 6.99 per case. That my dear managers of Publix has lost you many customers, as I passed the word around regarding you ripping off the consumers !
DriveBy Poster

El Paso, TX

#48 Mar 24, 2009
visitor wrote:
Well....Publix tried a prank on me and I will never shop there again. Last year...Feb., 2008 I went into the Publix in Clermont, Florida looking to buy a case of water, 24/16 oz. bottles. I nearly fainted when I saw their price of 6.99 per case. That my dear managers of Publix has lost you many customers, as I passed the word around regarding you ripping off the consumers !
On so many levels, for so many reasons, I have such a hard time taking this seriously.
anon

Winter Park, FL

#49 Mar 24, 2009
Dismayed wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you work and are concerned about customer service. But it's very annoying to have everybody accost their "guests" at every aisle asking if we'd like a 'red card'. Criminies...when are the managers going to stop that ridiculous requirement?
It's not the mangers it is sent from the corporate level that tells us to do it. I'm sorry about ur experience.
Blues Man

Windermere, FL

#50 Mar 24, 2009
Yeah, this can get pretty bad if someone thinks a robbery is going on when someone is playing a joke. People get hurt.
Lisa

Kissimmee, FL

#51 Jul 11, 2009
pooty tang wrote:
Publix sucks.....Who ever shops here is getting ripped off.
Oh you must shop at the local geto Wal-Mart store that rips you off cause you are to stupid to read the prices .
King Whiteee

Longwood, FL

#52 Jul 11, 2009
ralph wrote:
Yes.....Publix does rip people off , I have compared prices and Publix is wayyy over priced compared to Walmart or Target. I only shop at Publix if i only need a few things.
<quoted text>
It is called pricing out the riff raff, I am very happy to shop at Publix, walmart-people-free
hahaha

AOL

#53 Nov 15, 2009
BOC BOC
lol

Nashville, TN

#54 Nov 16, 2009
knickers down dot net wrote:
Lets not forget that Publix and the sentinel are usually the butt of jokes in the "ticked off" column also.
lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sir Mix-a-Lot Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blake Lively's 'Oakland booty' selfie brings ra... (May '16) May '16 DiamondSmile89 8
News Danbury gets a new alternative rock station (Aug '15) Aug '15 Brainiac of Beaco... 1
News Summer songs 2012: Jepsen, Ocean, Usher (Sep '12) Sep '12 Samantha 1
News 'Big Butts' Burger King Ad Distasteful? (Apr '09) Apr '09 Freddy Pickle 29
News Sir Mix-A-Lot criticized for fast food ad (Apr '09) Apr '09 VegasLady 1
News Sir Mix-A-Lot Criticized For Fast Food Ad (Apr '09) Apr '09 Yum Yucky 1
News Burger chain's commercial too much for some par... (Apr '09) Apr '09 flionnda_wall 1
More from around the web