Florida-based Publix supermarkets are...

Florida-based Publix supermarkets are a favorite target of MySp...

There are 48 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Mar 22, 2009, titled Florida-based Publix supermarkets are a favorite target of MySp.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

TAMPA, Florida - Managers at Publix supermarkets have new troublemakers to chase down besides the usual shoplifters: children running through the store in chicken suits.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Rudeness

Greenfield, IN

#23 Mar 22, 2009
Haven wrote:
I think it's a good idea to make fun of women with huge **** es - I hate getting behind them in the grocery. Their bu++s are so big you can't manoever your cart around them.
I'd be embarrassed to have a rear end that big. I'm serious, some of them have bu++s as big as refrigerators.
How old are you? 12? Yeah, I'm really sure you can't manuever your cart around them. Grow up.
ralph

Clermont, FL

#24 Mar 22, 2009
Yes.....Publix does rip people off , I have compared prices and Publix is wayyy over priced compared to Walmart or Target. I only shop at Publix if i only need a few things.

anon wrote:
<quoted text> You r dead wrong. If you shop at Winn- Dixie, Wal-Mart, or K-Mart Than u r getting ripped off.
Channeling My Forefathers

Oviedo, FL

#26 Mar 22, 2009
Just another reason to raise the age for allowing young people to drive to 21 without a licensed adult along in the front passenger seat. Their brains just aren't fully formed yet. Body by Fisher, Brain by Mattel.
Channeling My Forefathers

Oviedo, FL

#27 Mar 22, 2009
ralph wrote:
Yes.....Publix does rip people off , I have compared prices and Publix is wayyy over priced compared to Walmart or Target. I only shop at Publix if i only need a few things.
<quoted text>
You buy different things from different sources. I do NOT like Walmart meats or vegetables particularly. I think Publix produce is very good on average, although their fruits are often too green to buy. The meat in the larger stores in very nice as is the seafood. We buy our fresh veggies mostly now all at the outdoor weekend market on Sunday. Walmart for shelved items is no doubt cheaper but compare to Publix brand probably not any cheaper. I always look for the store brands. I ten times prefer the atmosphere and the help and managers for friendliness and courtesy and helpfulness at any Publix. Try finding help at a Walmart - forgettabout it. Ditto Target. Like a Home Depot warehouse.
Greg

Eddyville, KY

#28 Mar 22, 2009
I wish one of these dorks would be in a Publix while I was there. I would ram my cart right over that little kid and we'll see how much these kids laugh.
NoMoney

Athens, TN

#29 Mar 23, 2009
flanon wrote:
<quoted text>
lol at "NOMONEY" calling out poor people
It's called IRONY you idiot and it has nothing to do with what's in your water.
John

Oviedo, FL

#30 Mar 23, 2009
They are called fads and they pass. Boring. It's the equivalent of kids in the fifties calling a store and asking about "Prince Albert in a can".
JustMe

Helmetta, NJ

#31 Mar 23, 2009
Dismayed wrote:
<quoted text>
That was my immediate thought! It wouldn't take a lot to jump from prankster to robber. And it would be rather easy to hide a gun in some of those disguises.
Oh please. And I bet you live in a plastic bubble. This is harmless fun. If someone was going to rob a store, do you really think they would wear a chicken suit, then jump in a getaway car and not be noticed?

Since: Dec 07

Clermont, Florida

#32 Mar 23, 2009
JustMe wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please. And I bet you live in a plastic bubble. This is harmless fun. If someone was going to rob a store, do you really think they would wear a chicken suit, then jump in a getaway car and not be noticed?
No plastic bubble here...but there have been numerous occasions that robberies are done by people in disguise. Noticed? Yes...but so are those without any disguise. And once they get into a getaway car, they could easily dispose of the outfit.

I'm not saying these kids would be the robber -- but there are others who would copycat their "harmless pranks" and mean it.
John

Oviedo, FL

#33 Mar 23, 2009
Dismayed wrote:
<quoted text>
No plastic bubble here...but there have been numerous occasions that robberies are done by people in disguise. Noticed? Yes...but so are those without any disguise. And once they get into a getaway car, they could easily dispose of the outfit.
I'm not saying these kids would be the robber -- but there are others who would copycat their "harmless pranks" and mean it.
A robber can hide a gun and a mask in a jacket. A robber or robbers will not parade around a store in a chicken suit and then rob the store. They want in and out as quickly as possible. You've been watching too many movies.
john

Orlando, FL

#34 Mar 23, 2009
This isn't a prank. The guy walks in the store with a chicken suit and does nothing but walk around like an idiot. Prank is something that someone or some group does that affects someone or something's feelings. People who encountered the chicken suit just watched and took it as another customer walking in. Publix and other retails are saying it's nothing threaten and it's not going to pursue the matter.

Since: Jan 09

Deland, FL

#38 Mar 23, 2009
Rudeness wrote:
<quoted text>
How old are you? 12? Yeah, I'm really sure you can't manuever your cart around them. Grow up.
Of course Haven cannot maneuver the cart around the large ladies. Young spastic children do not have good hand-eye coordination. Don't hate the spastic child.:)
Guido Sarducci

Oviedo, FL

#39 Mar 23, 2009
Hey Vinnie! How bout you and Tyrone stopping by a costume store. I've got a great idea! We'll dress up like chickens, go into a grocery store, and rob the place!
I saw the idea on youtube! Ain't it great? We can hide the guns in our wings, walk around the store, and surprise them...kind of like the Lone Ranger and his disguises.
Vinnie? You there? Don't you hang up on me!....Vinnie?
anon

Winter Park, FL

#40 Mar 23, 2009
Channeling My Forefathers wrote:
<quoted text>
You buy different things from different sources. I do NOT like Walmart meats or vegetables particularly. I think Publix produce is very good on average, although their fruits are often too green to buy. The meat in the larger stores in very nice as is the seafood. We buy our fresh veggies mostly now all at the outdoor weekend market on Sunday. Walmart for shelved items is no doubt cheaper but compare to Publix brand probably not any cheaper. I always look for the store brands. I ten times prefer the atmosphere and the help and managers for friendliness and courtesy and helpfulness at any Publix. Try finding help at a Walmart - forgettabout it. Ditto Target. Like a Home Depot warehouse.
I work at Target and we try our best to provide the best guest service we can even when we are short handed.
Crazy

Windermere, FL

#41 Mar 23, 2009
hey, all you old farts (that is over age 22), do not worry-these are the leaders of tomorrow!
SurferDave

Oviedo, FL

#42 Mar 23, 2009
Crazy wrote:
hey, all you old farts (that is over age 22), do not worry-these are the leaders of tomorrow!
...and I suppose you never did anything that was wild or considered obnoxious when you were young. You must have been a bore as a kid.
French Frye

Leavenworth, KS

#43 Mar 23, 2009
One of my fave youtube videos is the Target senior class prank. A class of maybe 40 some graduating high school seniors dress in the red shirts and khakis go to a local Target and act like workers. They "front" items on shelves and help customers. Hidden cameras catch it all.

Doesn't hurt anyone, they don't steal anything. Unique and qwirky.

Kids have a tough time being kids today. Let kids have some innocent pranks. Didn't anyone else do prank calls as a teen? Technology has killed all that.

Since: Dec 07

Clermont, Florida

#44 Mar 23, 2009
anon wrote:
<quoted text>I work at Target and we try our best to provide the best guest service we can even when we are short handed.
Glad you work and are concerned about customer service. But it's very annoying to have everybody accost their "guests" at every aisle asking if we'd like a 'red card'. Criminies...when are the managers going to stop that ridiculous requirement?

Since: Aug 08

Now a Ghetto

#45 Mar 23, 2009
David Dugdale wrote:
Only place I can get Boddingtons Beer!!
Makes me home sick!!!
I don't think it's even close to the real stuff

Since: Aug 08

Now a Ghetto

#46 Mar 23, 2009
Tell that to the soldiers in Iraq!
Channeling My Forefathers wrote:
Just another reason to raise the age for allowing young people to drive to 21 without a licensed adult along in the front passenger seat. Their brains just aren't fully formed yet. Body by Fisher, Brain by Mattel.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sir Mix-a-Lot Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blake Lively's 'Oakland booty' selfie brings ra... (May '16) May '16 DiamondSmile89 8
News Danbury gets a new alternative rock station (Aug '15) Aug '15 Brainiac of Beaco... 1
News Summer songs 2012: Jepsen, Ocean, Usher (Sep '12) Sep '12 Samantha 1
News 'Big Butts' Burger King Ad Distasteful? (Apr '09) Apr '09 Freddy Pickle 29
News Sir Mix-A-Lot criticized for fast food ad (Apr '09) Apr '09 VegasLady 1
News Sir Mix-A-Lot Criticized For Fast Food Ad (Apr '09) Apr '09 Yum Yucky 1
News Burger chain's commercial too much for some par... (Apr '09) Apr '09 flionnda_wall 1
More from around the web