PPL Tower Was Architect's "Sculpted Mountain"

Full story: WFMZ 12
Harvey Wiley Corbett "Architects may come and architects may go and never change your point of view, when I run dry I stop awhile and think of you." Simon and Garfunkel were "thinking" of the pioneering genius of their hero, modern architect Frank Lloyd Wright, when they wrote this lyric. Full Story
Rocky Bayer

Allentown, PA

#1 Jun 18, 2011
Thank you for an informative, thorough piece. Please do more like this!
Future not so bright

Bally, PA

#2 Jun 18, 2011
Too bad PP&L has become crooks... how many percent are the rates going up in 2012?
tony

Easton, PA

#3 Jun 18, 2011
Architects only draw the plans up, the real artists are the craftsman, and laborers who build the building...those are the ones who deserve all the credit
grizzley319

Nazareth, PA

#4 Jun 18, 2011
tony wrote:
Architects only draw the plans up, the real artists are the craftsman, and laborers who build the building...those are the ones who deserve all the credit
AMEN... Its one thing to dream of it. Its another thing to build it! Its a shame PPL has become what it is today.
FREE CELL PHONES-WOW

Allentown, PA

#6 Jun 19, 2011
grizzley319 wrote:
<quoted text>AMEN... Its one thing to dream of it. Its another thing to build it! Its a shame PPL has become what it is today.
IT'S CALLED GREED....THE AMERICAN WAY.
Lehigh Valley

Nazareth, PA

#7 Jun 19, 2011
You would think this was the Taj Mahal. The building isn't that special
Apple Bottom

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Jun 19, 2011
This is Ancient news !!!!:( Tell us how our cities are decaying around us as the economy has been in the dumps .
Apple Bottom

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Jun 19, 2011
Wack news
Apple Bottom

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Jun 19, 2011
Lehigh Valley wrote:
You would think this was the Taj Mahal. The building isn't that special
Ur right I know , this is what I call " Wack News " .
Nimrods

Allentown, PA

#11 Jun 20, 2011
How has PPL become crooks?
Future not so bright

Bally, PA

#12 Jun 23, 2011
Nimrods wrote:
How has PPL become crooks?
Evidently you're not a customer...
HMFIC

New Britain, CT

#13 Jun 23, 2011
tony wrote:
Maybe some of the credit, but not all of it. It's not like anyone can just go out and draw up building plans on MS paint. It's a team effort all around. Quality work is as important as quality design.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Simon & Garfunkel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scarborough Fair brings the music of Simon & Ga... Jul '14 the awesome hey 7
Letter: Taconic chorus deserves apology (Jan '14) Jan '14 ediie van halo 4
Ultra-Orthodox singers defy stereotypes in Israel (Oct '13) Oct '13 nutjobs here 22
Popa Chubby, 'Classic Albums Live,' 'Big Shot'... (May '13) May '13 Tribute Planet 1
Sounds of Simon, Garfunkel chosen for preservation (Mar '13) Mar '13 Old Sam 1
9 Bittersweet Songs About Autumn (Feb '13) Feb '13 Carlos 1
A Celebration of the Music of Simon and Garfunkel (Nov '12) Nov '12 Ian Bailey 1
More from around the web