Posted in the Simon Baker Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Carrie M

Havertown, PA

#1 Feb 8, 2006
Great Googa Mooga!!

Simon Baker, where have you been hiding? Saw the movie and was delighted. It handled many aspects of love, i.e., interacial dating, candidly and with punch. I am a black woman married to a white man and race has never, ever been an issue - what a stunning surprise, eh?

This yummy movie is so worth seeing. It's fun, funny, hot,(did I say hot?...pssst) with enough realism to make it believable.

And about Simon...I can't remember seeing a more beautiful and desirable human male in ages. Lordie!!! Where is the water hose???
Rhonda

United States

#2 Feb 12, 2006
I am a happily married AA professional female who echoes your sentiment about Simon Baker. He should do well in Tinseltown.
sara

United States

#3 Feb 14, 2006
This movie was fantastic (i.e. I've seen it twice). I agree with the above (where has this gorgeous man been hiding?) Sanaa Lathan is awesome in every movie I have seen her in. Again, that man is hot . P.S. Did any of you find that toe nail painting scene as sexy as I did?
mat

AOL

#4 Mar 13, 2006
the chemistry between simon baker& sanaa lathan was strong and so believable. like tne real thing was going on
Loren

Brandon, Canada

#5 Jun 19, 2006
I was pleasantly surprised with Something New. I did not anticipate this movie to be as wonderful as it turned out to be. The movie was honest, funny, touching and incredibly sexy.

Simon & Sanaa's chemistry onscreen was sizzling hot. And can I just say that I think Simon is a fantastic actor! The realism and naturality of his acting made me a believer and admirer of his craft. Add to the fact that his smile is mega wattage...bonus points!!

Peace to all and take care :-)
Julia

United States

#6 Jun 23, 2006
i agree that the on-screen chemistry is undeniably between these two characters. sanaa lathan is brilliant as always, and simon baker is a breath of fresh air. he made this character his very own, and i'm a believer because of it. i especially liked what he says when it comes to dating women -- if he'd ever dated a black woman..."women are women...some are poison, and some are sweet"...i loved that line.
Gaby

Brampton, Canada

#8 Jul 11, 2006
I thought that the movie was great. Sanaa did a superb job in the movie. Simon did an equally great job as well. This sort of movie gives AA women who hope. It lets you know that there are good men out there, you just have to find the right one for you and it does not matter what color he is. There are good black men and good white men. It is just that the man's and the woman's heart must connect in a very special way.
shoppingdiva

Mount Holly, NC

#9 Jul 13, 2006
OMG Simon Baker is soooo hot. He was fanastic in this movie and obviously so was Sanaa. The chemistry was soo real between the two of them. Too bad he is married. I almost hoped for a off-screen romance. Simon seems so perfect for Sanaa who I believe currently is not dating anyone.
Fanastic movie, fresh, intelligent, well-written script. I bought the DVD!
Sara

AOL

#10 Jul 17, 2006
mat wrote:
the chemistry between simon baker& sanaa lathan was strong and so believable. like tne real thing was going on
i'm with you on the chemistry thing. wondering how much was real
Noni

Plainfield, IL

#11 Jul 25, 2006
Sara wrote:

Now I'm not trying to start anything that hasn't already been obviously assumed, but if you look at the uncomfortable- looking photo of him with his wife and the one of him smiling holding Sanaa's hand...
textmaster

San Antonio, TX

#12 Jul 29, 2006
Sara wrote:
Now I'm not trying to start anything that hasn't already been obviously assumed, but if you look at the uncomfortable- looking photo of him with his wife and the one of him smiling holding Sanaa's hand...

I couldn't agree with you more
textmaster

Hayward, CA

#13 Aug 4, 2006
What happened to Simon and Sanaa's picture on this page? Did somebody delete it or something?
Hhhhhmmmmmm
Connie

United States

#14 Oct 29, 2006
This is the best movie that I have seen in a time. I bought the dvd and have seen it 9 times. Simon & Sinaa were magical. I don't care how great an actor Simon is, he was totally into Sinaa.
Connie

United States

#15 Oct 29, 2006
sara wrote:
This movie was fantastic (i.e. I've seen it twice). I agree with the above (where has this gorgeous man been hiding?) Sanaa Lathan is awesome in every movie I have seen her in. Again, that man is hot . P.S. Did any of you find that toe nail painting scene as sexy as I did?
That scene was sizzling! The music was perfect, too. Simon made me a believer of sexy as hell!
Sharion

Seffner, FL

#16 Mar 20, 2007
I've watched this movie so many times, I know the dialog by heart. Sanaa is fantastic and the supporting cast was just wonderful. What a beautiful love story with lots of good humor. I must say, though, that I had seen Simon Baker in The Guardian and thought he was a good actor; but, this movie...wow!! Gorgeous, down to earth, honest, humorous and sexy, sexy, sexy!!! This is the man we all want. Yes, the toe nail painting was unbelievably sexy but so was the love scene in the hall. This man is my new favorite leading man. Bring him on. Let's see more (no pun intended) of him in more love stories. Maybe some swashing buckling types. He's definitely on a level with Errol Flynn.
Jacque of Hanover PA

Chambersburg, PA

#17 Sep 7, 2008
I've watched this movie at least fifty times, maybe more. I just love it. I even know the dialog by heart. I am so in love with the way Simon Baker walk, talk and smile. He has the most beautiful smile the I have seen since my love for Richard Gere. Here comes another love of my life
Jen01tx

Sugar Land, TX

#18 Sep 19, 2008
Just watched this movie again after two years. I saw it in the theatre, but did not enjoy it as much at the time. Don't know why, but seeing it on Oxygen... I'm loving it! The chemistry between Simon and Sanaa was out of this world. At times I wanted to hop into Sanaa's shoes to be on the recieving end of Simon's kisses. Hot!!
Nadege

Syosset, NY

#19 Oct 29, 2008
that man is gorgeous, absolutely sexy , and sanaa had to act like she wasn't feeling him in the beginning, i bet that was hard.
cocolvelle

Durban, South Africa

#20 Nov 15, 2008
I only just recently watched this movie and I was wowed beyond....beyond....mmmh-words fail me.
Sigh!-mon Baker is hot!
pam

Ottawa, Canada

#21 Dec 16, 2008
Does anyone know if he appeared on the soap - another world? I'm sure I saw him years ago - maybe the 90's - as a very suave character on the show, I remember him clearly. Then I saw the Mentalist the other day and recognized him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Simon Baker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Simon Baker wept at Hollywooda (Feb '13) Feb '13 sophie 1
"Mentalist" star Simon Baker: Charm is no act (May '12) Jul '12 dr rooth 2
Video: Pastor Joel Osteen on Mitt Romney as a M... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Bubbalu 1
Simon Baker nude (Nov '11) Nov '11 Eve 1
Critic's Notebook: A high body count at the end... (May '11) May '11 Old Sam 1
Simon Baker feels sexy like Rod (Apr '09) May '11 Dhanu 9
'Mentalist' star 'enjoys Red John mystery' (Mar '11) Mar '11 free think radio ... 1
More from around the web