Review: 'The Mentalist' starring Simo...

Review: 'The Mentalist' starring Simon Baker

There are 5 comments on the Newsday story from Sep 23, 2008, titled Review: 'The Mentalist' starring Simon Baker. In it, Newsday reports that:

WHERE Tonight at 9 on CBS/2 REASON TO WATCH Simon Baker WHAT IT'S ABOUT Patrick Jane , our mentalist, is a searing, smart cop who, from the tiniest details, gleans great cosmic truths about people's lives and - ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Key West, FL

#1 Sep 23, 2008
Such a blatant ripoff of Psych I won't even bother watching it.

Auckland, New Zealand

#2 Sep 23, 2008
Is there any way we in New Zealand can see this??

Arlington, TX

#3 Sep 23, 2008
OK, so the plot was a bit predictable, but Simon was terrific. This doesn't have the slapstick feel of Psych at all in my opinion. It is much more similar to Sherlock Holmes. I like it and I really like Simon Baker. I wish him well and hope this is the break he deserves.

Houston, TX

#4 Sep 25, 2008
LOVE LOVE LOVE Simon Baker! He was great in The Guardian and he's AWESOME in The Mentalist! I missed Smith, when it was on?? But had I known about it I would have watched it. I REALLY hope that CBS isn't stupid enough to cancel this show and if they do, Simon Baker needs to bail on them and head for the movies!!! Go Simon!

London, UK

#5 May 17, 2009
I LOVE Simon Baker in The Mentalist, one of the best shows i've seen in a long time. I really hope we get a second series.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Simon Baker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why CBS Is Replacing David Letterman With Rerun... May '15 Cinnamon 1
Simon Baker and Something New (Feb '06) May '13 Fan of very good ... 22
News Simon Baker wept at Hollywooda (Feb '13) Feb '13 sophie 1
News "Mentalist" star Simon Baker: Charm is no act (May '12) Jul '12 dr rooth 2
News Video: Pastor Joel Osteen on Mitt Romney as a M... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Bubbalu 1
Simon Baker nude (Nov '11) Nov '11 Eve 1
News Critic's Notebook: A high body count at the end... (May '11) May '11 Old Sam 1
More from around the web