NAACP Image Awards Are Missing Some ...

NAACP Image Awards Are Missing Some Black People

There are 6 comments on the www.womanist-musings.com story from Jan 7, 2010, titled NAACP Image Awards Are Missing Some Black People. In it, www.womanist-musings.com reports that:

Now that the holidays are over we have officially entered award season. What sets the NAACP Image awards apart is that its express purpose is to celebrate the work of bodies of color.

The NAACP Image Awards homepage states:
The NAACP Image Awards is the nation's premier event celebrating the outstanding achievements and performances of people of color in the arts (motion picture, television, recording, and literature), as well as those individuals or groups who promote social justice through their creative endeavours.
Therefore the nomination of Anderson Cooper while ignoring so many good anchors of color is highly problematic to say the least.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.womanist-musings.com.

straighttalk100

Muskegon, MI

#2 Jan 8, 2010
I want to see the list of people noninated by the NAAWP.

“HU! You Know!!!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#3 Jan 8, 2010
i heard somewhere the nominated the women from real house wives of atlanta...if its true then SMFH!!!!
Spikewebbe

Jersey City, NJ

#7 Jan 11, 2010
straighttalk100 wrote:
I want to see the list of people noninated by the NAAWP.
Sarah Palin, Kate Goselin, Britney Spears, Pee Wee Herman, James Cameron, Sean Hannity, Tom Brady, The Boston Bruins, Ethel Kennedy, Ivana Trump, Peyton and Eli Manning and Oh_Really.

“THE RIO GRAND”

Since: Dec 09

IS FILLED WITH BEANS

#8 Jan 11, 2010
Spikewebbe wrote:
<quoted text>
Sarah Palin, Kate Goselin, Britney Spears, Pee Wee Herman, James Cameron, Sean Hannity, Tom Brady, The Boston Bruins, Ethel Kennedy, Ivana Trump, Peyton and Eli Manning and Oh_Really.
Tom Brady.......lol

He isn't liked to much today.....
Spikewebbe

Jersey City, NJ

#9 Jan 11, 2010
MAXICAN STARING FROG wrote:
<quoted text>
Tom Brady.......lol
He isn't liked to much today.....
Not around here in Boston anyway. Well, he didn't kill himself after the game yesterday because he did a radio interview today. He still goes home to a sexy wife and baby son.

I'm a Peyton Manning fan.

“blow me please”

Since: Jan 10

whitesville

#10 Jan 11, 2010
Spikewebbe wrote:
<quoted text>
lol @ Pee Wee Herman!!!!!!!!

snap!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sidney Poitier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Today in history: 'Houston, we've got a problem' (Apr '16) Apr '16 Three Days 1
News 'Raisin in the Sun' Rocks Orinda (May '14) May '14 Zombie Corpse Rental 1
early childhood of sydney poitier (Feb '07) Mar '14 Kikidee 14
News OSCARS: Moments In Oscar History, Part 2: Actor... (Feb '13) Feb '13 pat jemie 1
News Famous Black Actors (Apr '11) May '12 feelgood682 6
News Do Black Women Despise Black Men Who Date Cauca... (Apr '08) Nov '11 blacksexyman82 15
Sir Sidney Poitier Signed Book at Auction (Aug '10) Aug '10 2406too 1
More from around the web