Be the first one to comment 0

There are 7 comments on the Mar 19, 2013, filmfare.com story titled Be the first one to comment 0. In it, filmfare.com reports that:

In the poetically poignant world of Satyajit Ray's Apur Sansar , 14-year-old Sharmila Tagore as the ill-fated bride, captured the imagination of cineastes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at filmfare.com.

Avinash

Durban, South Africa

#1 Apr 4, 2013
The success and fame Rajesh Khanna commanded is unmatched unparalled and unprecedented in Bollywood. No actor before him or after will ever matched this phenomenom. At one time before the launch of Avtaar and Souten he was the only actor to appear in library books in India.He was handsome like drop dead in his heydays. Thats why lots of females went hysterical over him.Everything was to perfection about him including his dressing, hairstyle, eternal music and dialogues were like gem stones from his films. He had his own style and mannerisms which made him a hearthrob.He was like the pop group The Beatles.He had that euphoria like Beatle mania.He remains a super and timeless legend. Most of his films were brilliant and worth watching several times.
sharmila

Canterbury, UK

#2 Apr 4, 2013
Avinash wrote:
The success and fame Rajesh Khanna commanded is unmatched unparalled and unprecedented in Bollywood. No actor before him or after will ever matched this phenomenom. At one time before the launch of Avtaar and Souten he was the only actor to appear in library books in India.He was handsome like drop dead in his heydays. Thats why lots of females went hysterical over him.Everything was to perfection about him including his dressing, hairstyle, eternal music and dialogues were like gem stones from his films. He had his own style and mannerisms which made him a hearthrob.He was like the pop group The Beatles.He had that euphoria like Beatle mania.He remains a super and timeless legend. Most of his films were brilliant and worth watching several times.
its so true.as if the filmworld started with him and now good films have ceased after him.even in the commercial arena he had given films which are whole some and adorable,not crude or vulgar.
Nikki

Oakland, CA

#3 Apr 4, 2013
Avinash and Sharmila,

You have written this so perfectly! He was nothing but MAGIC, MAGIC, MAGIC!!!

Love you guys for pointing out his qualities so beautifully, though no number of adjectives can do complete justice to him. He was just of a different, a higher plane!!!
Chris

Prahran, Australia

#4 Apr 4, 2013
Avinash thank you wonderful thread and great post on our beloved kaka!
Words cannot describe the greatness of kaka his movies are timeless masterpieces and immortal!
Kaka reigned on our hearts when he was alive and in death he will be revered till eternity!!
He was loved by millions and he has left behind a massive body of work to be enjoyed by generations to come! There will never be an actor as charismatic and brilliant as kaka not now not ever! Thank you kaka for all the wonderful memories! R.I.P
nag shankar

Guntur, India

#5 Apr 4, 2013
Thanks Avinash, sharmila nikki and chirs for your wonderful and timely comments. I would further say that some are only stars and some are only actors. Rajesh khanna is exceptional - he is star actor or actor star. Some are stars/actors for a particular period. Rajesh khanna is a star/actor for generations and generations. He does not belong to particular generation and period. He films are for ever. His classic master pieces will continue to reign for ever. His films are a library of films . This is why he is an eternal star and actor. Such star actors are born once in a while.
jsk

Paramaribo, Suriname

#6 Apr 4, 2013
nag shankar wrote:
Thanks Avinash, sharmila nikki and chirs for your wonderful and timely comments. I would further say that some are only stars and some are only actors. Rajesh khanna is exceptional - he is star actor or actor star. Some are stars/actors for a particular period. Rajesh khanna is a star/actor for generations and generations. He does not belong to particular generation and period. He films are for ever. His classic master pieces will continue to reign for ever. His films are a library of films . This is why he is an eternal star and actor. Such star actors are born once in a while.
Fully agreed.
VIPIN

New Delhi, India

#7 Apr 22, 2013
nag shankar wrote:
Dear N.Shankar Ji your words are heart touching that such star actors are born once in a while.
Really it is true.I have never felt that taste like I have felt in KAKA's movies.

Unki ek ek ada par dil fida ho jata haia. Actually I can't explain my feelings in few words or in few lines.

Even I have written at the time of his death that it seems that I feel like that that some family member has gone from my home.

Ye baat aaj bhi mere liye jaise kal ki baat haia.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sharmila Tagore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News K for Kishore Kumar 25th Episode on Super Star ... (Apr '08) Apr 21 Roshini 16
News Sharmila Tagore Rajesh Khanna - Scene from Amar... (Jun '08) Apr 20 Roshini 8
News The last of the idols (Jan '07) Mar 26 Roshini 2
News Aradhana - 15/15 - Bollywood Movie - Rajesh Kha... (Nov '10) Mar '15 Roshini 29
News The last of the idols (Aug '06) Apr '13 Indo 20
News Yash-Chopra-King-of-Romance-is-no-more (Oct '12) Oct '12 radzi 1
News Rajesh Khanna changed after Aradhana's success,... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ms Sad 17
More from around the web