Sense of the unseen

Full story: GoErie.com
You don't have to be a sculptor like me to think that Tomas Schneider's Master of Fine Arts thesis sculpture exhibition is the best show currently on exhibit in Erie -- but it helps. Full Story
Don Butler

United States

#1 Dec 18, 2008
Mr. Edwards fails to inform where the show is.
TWTL

Edinboro, PA

#2 Dec 18, 2008
Mr. Edwards, have you ever heard of the "micro sculptor" Willard Wigam? He carves 'grains of sand' under a microscope and his sculptures are so tiny they fit in the eye of a needle and can only be seen under a microscope. He paints them with a hair from the back of a fly and can even pluck a single dust particle floating in a sunbeam for particle use in his sculptures AND...slice it 3 times to make it small enough for the wand of the good witch Glenda from the Wizard of Oz. He lives in the UK and the story of how he came to be a micro sculptor is really fascinating. He cannot read or write and a teacher he had when he was only 5 years old made him feel 'very small' for his learning disabilities, so he had to find another way to express himself.

Prepare to be blown away at this amazing artist:

mrkihn

Chambersburg, PA

#3 Dec 18, 2008
Don Butler wrote:
Mr. Edwards fails to inform where the show is.
Good story but the reporter failed in a big way. WHERE IS THE SHOW??

The show is at ArtWorks
ArtWorks is at 1505 State St. The show is happening in the
1501 gallery. There is also another show entitle "Out of State" that is show in ArtWorks 1507 gallery.
More about ArtWorks can be found by going to Myspace

http://www.myspace.com/1505artworks

ArtWorks has been serving the Erie Arts community since 1983 but since it is on the south side of the RR tracks on state st The city of fails to recognize that it exists because the city only thinks the areas north of the tracks is important.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sense Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How Lawmakers Lost Their Sense Of Shame (Feb '12) Mar '12 Le Jimbo 65
The iPad and parenting (Nov '11) Nov '11 SilverSwanBabies 4
Pennsylvania Looks at Freezing Prison Construction (Jan '11) Jan '11 James 1
Prisoners' free health care plan beats anything... (Aug '09) Jul '10 Leaving 130
Pork inflates defense bill (Dec '09) Dec '09 NorthGATE Advisory 2
The Senate's Sense on Savings (Nov '09) Nov '09 RU Kiddimg Me 1
Great garage sale tips (Jul '07) Sep '09 garage sale tips 3
More from around the web