Hanover graduation: End becomes a beg...

Hanover graduation: End becomes a beginning

There are 7 comments on the Evening Sun story from Jun 6, 2008, titled Hanover graduation: End becomes a beginning. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Hanover High School graduates celebrate by tossing their caps into the air during commencement ceremonies at the school Thursday evening.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

Grad Dad

Bloomington, IN

#1 Jun 6, 2008
Congrats to 2008! Your diploma is Hanovers way of saying that you are no longer their responsibility.

Good luck in whatever you do, and I am glad you are finally out of Hanovers school system.

But there are some teachers there who do a good job and are there because they care about our kids, They know who they are and we thank you.

But after 12 years (13 with K) in the district, and 4 years in high school, it is pretty bad when the principal does not even know all the kids by name.

I love our kids and we try to support the school the best we can, but overall, my final grade for the Hanover School District would be an F.

How can kids in the Middle School do no homework, don't study for any test, rarely complete projects and still make B honor roll? Teachers think because all the kids in his/her class have a passing grade, it makes them look good. But the PSSA scores show how much our children have really learned, then the students get punished for low PSSA scores.

If your child got in trouble at school an got detention, they were told not to have your parents call in about it........ well I did, so then Our child was given INSCHOOL suspension because I called in about it. I thought parents were to get involved...but I was WRONG!

Again, there are some GREAT teachers at Hanover, but I do not want to name them incase I forget one.

Talk to any Grad and they will tell you the highlight of their Hanover career was the 5th grade encampment. 12 years and they only remember one thing.

GOOD LUCK CLASS OF 2008, YOU ARE GONNA NEED IT!
Common Tater

Harrisburg, PA

#2 Jun 6, 2008
I don't think this was the appropriate story to air your troubles. This is about the graduates and THEIR day. Not yours.
Congrats HHS Grads

United States

#3 Jun 6, 2008
I agree with Common Tater. This is about the graduates and their accomplishments, not about you and your obviously negative attitude. Your negative comments are not appropriate to this story.
Congratulations to all the Hanover High graduates and I am sure you will be successful. Ignore the naysayers and go forward with a positive attitude.

Since: Dec 07

Arlington, VA

#4 Jun 6, 2008
Congratulations from a curmudgeon in the Class of 1969. My unsolicited advice is to learn a marketable skill for the next few decades to support yourself and your families, whether through college, the military, apprenticeships or other means. Avoid relying on unions and get-rich-quick schemes to extort value for you. Expect to reinvent yourself and your career several times. Have lots of fun but don't get addicted to anything, and put off marriage and starting a family until you are sure you can afford it. Best wishes, Nighthawks!
Donna Smith

Middletown, PA

#5 Jun 6, 2008
Congratulations to the graduating class of 2008! As I waited in the high school commons area before the procession outside, I got the chance to talk and congratulate many of you seniors. I've gotten to know many of you from my years of working in the district and many of you from the neighborhood, who I've watched grow into young adults and a few of you that I met for the first time last night. At times I question the many hours that are put into this volunteer position and as I left the graduation ceremony last night and got into my car, I had a little tear of joy in my eye as I thought, this is why...YOU are why! I am very proud of each and every one of you and I wish you success and happiness in your future!
Donna Smith
School Board Member
Grad Dad

Bloomington, IN

#6 Jun 28, 2008
Hanover School District is a joke. You should all stop paying school tax because your money is not being put to good use. Our oldest is out of there now, and we are pulling our youngest out and sending him to another school. Maybe do away with Hanover Schools altogether. All they care about is building a new stadium or another school building. They left the mold situation at Washington Elementry go on for 10 years and did nothing, now they want to build a new building. How about trying to build childrens minds, that is what you are getting paid to do.
2008 grad

Morgantown, WV

#7 Mar 1, 2009
you need to get a life... seriously...

i graduated from hanover as a part of the class of 2008, and looking back on it, it really wasn't bad.

and if you were really concerned about HOW MUCH HANOVER SUCKS... then you should maybe post your thoughts somewhere a little more visible to to public eye. Also, you should have made your children go to Delone or another neighboring school. im sure if they were anything like you they would be much, much happier there..
Grad Dad wrote:
Hanover School District is a joke. You should all stop paying school tax because your money is not being put to good use. Our oldest is out of there now, and we are pulling our youngest out and sending him to another school. Maybe do away with Hanover Schools altogether. All they care about is building a new stadium or another school building. They left the mold situation at Washington Elementry go on for 10 years and did nothing, now they want to build a new building. How about trying to build childrens minds, that is what you are getting paid to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Semisonic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Target employees give final goodbye in 'Closing... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Brexx 3
Exclusive acoustic performance from Semisonic l... (Mar '08) Mar '08 NGT826 1
News Semisonic's Wilson Rocks With Crow On Solo Debut (Oct '07) Oct '07 Allison 1
News Dan Wilson: 'Free Life' Post Blog (Oct '07) Oct '07 Allison 1
More from around the web