Understanding Sarah Palin

Understanding Sarah Palin

There are 54 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Apr 22, 2010, titled Understanding Sarah Palin. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

My copy of Vogue arrived in the mail the other day. It had a photoshopped picture of Sarah Jessica Parker on the cover.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
smarterthanyouns d

Danby, VT

#1 Apr 22, 2010
Ha ha ha ha ha ha. It is tough for us fat people to accept that because we are fat we don't fit in with the "beautiful people" at least on the outside.

What I understand from your column Joyce is that you are not one of the "beautiful people" ...you wish you were...and that you think Sarah Palin is beautiful and you are jealous of that too.
beaglesarecute

White Plains, NY

#2 Apr 22, 2010
Explains Barack Obama as well.
pathetic

Keene, NH

#3 Apr 22, 2010
you cannot understand Sarah Palin, because it is impossible to understand irrational, uneducated idiots.
maggiemaggot

Danby, VT

#4 Apr 22, 2010
pathetic wrote:
you cannot understand Sarah Palin, because it is impossible to understand irrational, uneducated idiots.
Pathetic, pathetic, pathetic. But Joyce Marcel is easy to understand.
Vermontis

Arlington, VT

#5 Apr 22, 2010
pathetic wrote:
you cannot understand Sarah Palin, because it is impossible to understand irrational, uneducated idiots.
Not sure i understand your point.
pathetic

Keene, NH

#6 Apr 22, 2010
understand my point? My point is Sarah Palin is a moron. Writing notes down on her hand, stumbling over every word, not answering questions, changing subjects, she's an idiot. Cannot handle any type of media or political pressure. She's a joke and a con artist. Look at her Alaska resume. She is an absolute definition of right wing nut job.
get the point now?
beaglesarecute

White Plains, NY

#7 Apr 22, 2010
pathetic wrote:
understand my point? My point is Sarah Palin is a moron. Writing notes down on her hand, stumbling over every word, not answering questions, changing subjects, she's an idiot. Cannot handle any type of media or political pressure. She's a joke and a con artist. Look at her Alaska resume. She is an absolute definition of right wing nut job.
get the point now?
Yes, look at her Alaska resume. Took on the Republican coruption and put several in jail. Took on the oil companies, getting increased revenue for the people of Alaska, and vetoed spending projects. I'm surprised, you don't love her - putting Republicans in jail and spreading the wealth from large corporations to the samll guy - isn't that a left wing nut job idea? As for writing notes on her hand - what's the difference between a telepromopter and a hand - except money. When you scribble 3 or 4 words on your hand, you actually have to make up the sentence - different than having the whole sentence written for you.
Vermontis

Arlington, VT

#8 Apr 22, 2010
You get mine??? LOL

And still, shes been the Governor of a State, is making millions in speaking fees, had a best selling book, while you, my whiny little liberal, are stuck whimpering your Shiet on the message board of a third rate newspaper.

Life's just not FAIR is it???

LOL
estanson

Windsor, VT

#9 Apr 22, 2010
Vermontis wrote:
You get mine??? LOL

Life's just not FAIR is it???
LOL
I think you just eptitomized the main differences between the left and right..
the right knows life is not fair...so they reward initiative and success..
the left just tries to make life fair for everyone (an oxymoron)...

the quest for equality and fairness have been the destroyers of our society because they seek unnatural...because life is not fair!
and no amount of god, guns or goverment is gonna make life fair!
Joe

Belmont, VT

#10 Apr 22, 2010
pathetic wrote:
you cannot understand Sarah Palin, because it is impossible to understand irrational, uneducated idiots.
Is that what the east coast liberals that run the big 3 network TV news programs told you to think ?

The Council on Foreign Relations controls people like you and you vote for one of their puppets because they tell you to.
http://www.cfr.org/

They do a good job of making sure people like you vote for who you are told to vote for.
Joe

Belmont, VT

#11 Apr 22, 2010
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_on_Forei...

It's funny to see dick cheney's name right next to jimmy carters name and all sorts of news media people belong to the CLUB
New Clear Waste

Brattleboro, VT

#12 Apr 23, 2010
Said "no thanks" to the Bridge to Nowhere, but neglected to mention that she took the money anyway;

Quit her governor job when the going got tough;

Floundered cluelessly in interviews;

Is loved by millions of stupid people because "she's one of us";

Panders to all the stupid people who consume hatertainment on right-wing radio instead of news & information;

Sarah Palin has already reached her potential; her future contains just more of what she's doing now.

I hope the Republic Party nominates her in 2012. Seriously.
beaglesarecute

White Plains, NY

#13 Apr 23, 2010
New Clear Waste wrote:
Said "no thanks" to the Bridge to Nowhere, but neglected to mention that she took the money anyway;
Quit her governor job when the going got tough;
Floundered cluelessly in interviews;
Is loved by millions of stupid people because "she's one of us";
Panders to all the stupid people who consume hatertainment on right-wing radio instead of news & information;
Sarah Palin has already reached her potential; her future contains just more of what she's doing now.
I hope the Republic Party nominates her in 2012. Seriously.
Because you can't discuss anything without name calling and snide remarks, then you are a hater and a bigot (against anyone not like you), exactly the type of person you feel yourself superior to.
beaglesarecute

White Plains, NY

#14 Apr 23, 2010
The good news, if Sarah Palin ever does become President, the liberals will again believe that disent is the highest form of patriotism as they did when Bush was President. Now, with Obama as President, disent is close to sedition, it incites people to become terrorist (US terrorists only), and is racist.
New Clear Waste

Brattleboro, VT

#15 Apr 23, 2010
beaglesarecute wrote:
The good news, if Sarah Palin ever does become President, the liberals will again believe that disent is the highest form of patriotism as they did when Bush was President. Now, with Obama as President, disent is close to sedition, it incites people to become terrorist (US terrorists only), and is racist.
So nominate her. I mean it! I'd even hold my nose and vote in the Republic Party primary for her. It would make for a fun general election...Tina Fay's career would be made forever!
beaglesarecute

Dover, NH

#16 Apr 23, 2010
New Clear Waste wrote:
<quoted text>
So nominate her. I mean it! I'd even hold my nose and vote in the Republic Party primary for her. It would make for a fun general election...Tina Fay's career would be made forever!
I don't know who I want to be President in 2012. For you're information, I've voted for Democrats just about as much as Republicans - starting with McGovern - so now you know how old I am. As a personal opinion, while I believe Sarah Palin is the most qualified with regards to energy production, I'm not convinced that she is experienced enough with regards to foreign policy - in fact Obama's inexperience is a reason not to vote for Palin. So, we know that Obama will be the Democrat nominee - I'll wait and see what the Republican candidates have to offer and go from there. I'm willing to Keep an open mind - are you?
Southerner

South Hadley, MA

#17 Apr 23, 2010
Beagles, a hint in debate: learn to spell before constantly commenting on the intelligence of others.
beaglesarecute

Dover, NH

#18 Apr 23, 2010
Southerner wrote:
Beagles, a hint in debate: learn to spell before constantly commenting on the intelligence of others.
Yes, I noticed I've been spelling challenged all day. I think it's a condition, I can get a grant from the federal government to help cure me. I'm thinking a couple of thousand dollars should do it.(LOL) As for intelligence, I don't question NCW's intelligence, just his/her rudeness. I'm sure he/she is very intelligent, owns a business, etc. There's no point in being snide to people who disagree with you.
Joe

Belmont, VT

#19 Apr 23, 2010
Southerner wrote:
Beagles, a hint in debate: learn to spell before constantly commenting on the intelligence of others.
spelling is memory, not intelligence.

idiot savant
1 : a person affected with a mental disability (as autism or mental retardation) who exhibits exceptional skill or brilliance in some limited field (as mathematics or music)—called also savant
2 : a person who is highly knowledgeable about one subject but knows little about anything else
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/idi...

being able to regurgitate info based on memory is different than being able to think so we hearthe term critical thinking

"Critical thinking is the intellectually disciplined process of actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication, as a guide to belief and action. In its exemplary form, it is based on universal intellectual values that transcend subject matter divisions: clarity, accuracy, precision, consistency, relevance, sound evidence, good reasons, depth, breadth, and fairness."
http://www.criticalthinking.org/aboutCT/defin...

lots of book smart people running around that are educated idiots completely unable to think for themselves.
Southerner

South Hadley, MA

#20 Apr 23, 2010
Yes, spelling is a skill, not a sign of intelligence. But aquisition of data is the basis for truly rational and fact based decision making. Therefore to speak down on "book smart" people? A strike against you. The written word is still the most effective technology for getting data into your head quickly. Video, audio ... they can't match the speed and variety of the written word.

If you are not "book smart", you may well be "smart" still, but you are unarmed compared to those who are both naturally smart AND "book smart".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sarah Jessica Parker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kim Jong-un claims five million people are read... Sep 28 YouDidntBuildThat 1
News Men aged 18 to 30 are taking Viagra to keep up ... (Jun '08) Oct '16 richardnames 14
News Sarah Jessica Parker hints at possible Sex And ... (Oct '16) Oct '16 richardnames 1
News Paparazzi - April 1st, 2014 (Apr '14) Jul '15 Taylor Fan 4
News Bright lights, big city, that's Dubai (Feb '15) Feb '15 freethinkradio do... 1
News Bollywood Boom Continues (Jan '10) Sep '14 Rama sirke 4
News First Lady: Malia Will Be Driving This Summer (May '14) May '14 Imagine That 1
More from around the web