Mixed blessing

Feb 25, 2007 Read more: Newsday 30
Christine Campbell , the attractive but bumbling title character of CBS' "The New Adventures of Old Christine," and Daniel Harris , who teaches a predominantly white fourth grade, eye each other hungrily when ... Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ryan

Hackensack, NJ

#23 Feb 26, 2007
Why can't two people of different races have a normal relationship? It happens all the time. TV shows are reflection of life. The bottom line is that when two people get together for a relationship, they deal with real relationship type problems - not TV show crap. The writer of this article is a true idiotic race-baiter
PerfectBooty

Westbury, NY

#24 Feb 26, 2007
Aimee wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure the "real world" you live in is very similar to mine...considering we live in the same world...in facted based on where you live...we do not live too far away from one another and yet it's a shame you and I see things so differently. Sure racism exists...on all levels...you don't think I haven't experienced the so called reverse discrimination? We all have on some level...it's the evil in this world that unfortunately was here before us and will be here long after us. Professionallly, I am a social worker and have been around many, many different people...but you know people are people. Sure you are black and I am white but by the end of the day...we are both people...don't sell yourself short and judge a book by it's cover...you will miss out on meeting a lot of nice, real people. Take my daughters that you insist on calling a mixed breed...that's is a term for a dog...not a person...you are doing to them what you say is done to you with "whites"...Here's the thing...I would look at you and think...ok a girl, young, black...and move on...the same for any person...you would look at me and my childrens and think what? Mixed breed kids, she took a black man and even to my husband...sell out, right? Wrong...we are just like you...trust me when I tell you there is more to a biracial person then being mislabeled by you as a mixed breed...think about it...listen I wish there was something I could say to you that would change your view...but I can't...just like you can't avoid evil people in the world...I can just hope you will run into to someone like myself or my children one day...even my husband and realize...hey, maybe she was right...
You are living in a fastasy world. You are not like me.I've never stole or commited any crime but that fact doesn't stop guards from following me around stores as if your going to steal,they treat you with respect because of your white skin.And your husband being a marrying outside his race that's on him. I would never date outside of my race or date a man who dated or have kids with a white woman.
Megan

Selden, NY

#25 Feb 26, 2007
I am extremely upset over "Mixed Blessing" on Feb 26, 2007 . I am offended that any one would question acceptance of interracial dating. If television is portraying interracial dating as "NORMAL" then maybe it is people like Greg Braxton, author of this disgusting article, whom keep pointing out differences between races. I would like to know if Greg Braxton has ever been in an interracial relationship. I have been involved in an interracial black/white relationship for over 2 years and have all intentions of marrying him. We have never encountered any type of "nuance." One question for Jannette Dates of Howard university... Is it not true EVERY ONE involved in any relationship has to "work at it?" Why single out interracial couples. i applaud any network or show producer who incorporate different races to show people there is NOTHING WRONG WITH IT. We are simply people whom met fell in love and learn about each other's culture the same way WHITE Itailan and WHITE Irish do. It was stated that these shows "are not realistic" why not? is the OC,which mind you is mostly if not all white, realistic situations??? I can not believe in 2007 there is a two page article discussing that TV is too accepting of mixing cultures. Doesn't life immitate art? Is it a bad thing if life immitates acceptance? i do not think so and in the future, i will raise my bi-racial children to accept all cultures and beliefs, and most of all PEOPLE!!!
Megan

Selden, NY

#26 Feb 26, 2007
Jeni are you 100% italian? or Irish or 100% anything? if not than you have been a product of mixing. why do think it's okay for say what i am irish and german to mix but spanish and black or white and black shouldn't? i know i wasn't teased for being irish and german. if you are 100% something were you praised or held above any one else? just wondering.
Jeni wrote:
For the first time today I saw a white man with a black woman in my OB/GYN office. Ive never seen such a pair in real life, and it was... interesting. They both seemed like nice people, too.
I am however, against the mixing of races. i just see it being a big confusing mess for the families and any children who are or will be involved.
Mike Mcdonald

AOL

#27 Feb 27, 2007
I think it's refreshing to see that television has taken a step forword, this is a subject that has to take small steps before pressing into the larger racial issues that are still very much in existence today.As a black American Indian married to an White Irish Italian, we feel the sting now and again of prejudice in our northshore town and it's a constant reminder that education ,humility and perseverance are key to living better together as Americans.
athesit labeled

Waltham, MA

#28 Feb 28, 2007
you all disgust me, you cannot choose who to love no matter there skin color samali black asian...fu.ck interracial dating.
FORMER LIer

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#29 Feb 28, 2007
athesit labeled wrote:
you all disgust me, you cannot choose who to love no matter there skin color samali black asian...fu.ck interracial dating.
So..what is it your trying to say?
jarde

Patchogue, NY

#30 Mar 1, 2007
Megan wrote:
I am extremely upset over "Mixed Blessing" on Feb 26, 2007 . I am offended that any one would question acceptance of interracial dating. If television is portraying interracial dating as "NORMAL" then maybe it is people like Greg Braxton, author of this disgusting article, whom keep pointing out differences between races. I would like to know if Greg Braxton has ever been in an interracial relationship. I have been involved in an interracial black/white relationship for over 2 years and have all intentions of marrying him. We have never encountered any type of "nuance." One question for Jannette Dates of Howard university... Is it not true EVERY ONE involved in any relationship has to "work at it?" Why single out interracial couples. i applaud any network or show producer who incorporate different races to show people there is NOTHING WRONG WITH IT. We are simply people whom met fell in love and learn about each other's culture the same way WHITE Itailan and WHITE Irish do. It was stated that these shows "are not realistic" why not? is the OC,which mind you is mostly if not all white, realistic situations??? I can not believe in 2007 there is a two page article discussing that TV is too accepting of mixing cultures. Doesn't life immitate art? Is it a bad thing if life immitates acceptance? i do not think so and in the future, i will raise my bi-racial children to accept all cultures and beliefs, and most of all PEOPLE!!!
I again would like to ask: why all the black man/white woman couples and not so much the other way around? There has to be something to this? Maybe Megan has a suggestion?
Megan

Selden, NY

#31 Mar 2, 2007
My close girl- friend is black and she is married with 2 kids to a white man. Barry White's daughter is Married with children to a red head white guy. The guy from greys anatomy (alex) in real life is married to a black woman. So there you go some famous and some not that are whiteman/black woman. if i think of anymore i'll let you know. but they're out there.
jarde wrote:
<quoted text>
I again would like to ask: why all the black man/white woman couples and not so much the other way around? There has to be something to this? Maybe Megan has a suggestion?
maijn

AOL

#32 Jul 13, 2007
In actually, most interracial marriages and relationships are based on superficial factors. Most caucasian women dont like black men, but rather the "black image" that is portrayed about blacks on BET, the news and all this other crap. If you notice, a lot of caucasian women that like blacks listen to hip hop and r&b because they love that image and not the person himself. This has been proven in recent studies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sandra Oh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Grey's Anatomy' finale: A kidnapping! A massiv... Apr 1 Rick 1
News Grey's Anatomy is 10 years old! Here are the bi... Mar 28 jeronimojackson 1
Sandra Oh nude ! (May '11) Nov '12 Anonymous 3
News &#x93;Grey&#x92;s Anatomy&#x94;:... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Kathwynn 4
News 'Grey's Anatomy' abortion reaction? 'Quiet' (Sep '11) Oct '11 Kathwynn 35
News Sandra Oh living 'green' (Apr '10) Apr '10 nice 1
News 'Grey's' Anatomy Stars on Emmy Noms & 'Grey's' ... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Truth Be Known 1
More from around the web