'The Assassination of Jesse James...'...

'The Assassination of Jesse James...' (starring Brad Pitt) -- 3...

There are 3 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 4, 2007, titled 'The Assassination of Jesse James...' (starring Brad Pitt) -- 3.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

"The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" will drive a lot of people to distraction, if they're even attracted to it in the first place.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Not so pleased Missourian

Kansas City, MO

#1 Oct 5, 2007
Nice of Warner Brothers to downplay any actual connection to Missouri when putting together this film.

Sure, Jesse James is played by native Missourian Brad Pitt, but there's a slight difference in culture between growing up in Springfield and St. Joseph and Kearney. And while it's been cheaper for years to film in Canada than several states, petitions to have advance screenings in St. Joseph (where James met his fate) went unanswered. Such is the trend with Hollywood these days when it comes to the ol' Bible-thumpin' flyover country.
blondie

Centreville, VA

#2 Oct 5, 2007
Not so pleased Missourian wrote:
Nice of Warner Brothers to downplay any actual connection to Missouri when putting together this film.
Sure, Jesse James is played by native Missourian Brad Pitt, but there's a slight difference in culture between growing up in Springfield and St. Joseph and Kearney. And while it's been cheaper for years to film in Canada than several states, petitions to have advance screenings in St. Joseph (where James met his fate) went unanswered. Such is the trend with Hollywood these days when it comes to the ol' Bible-thumpin' flyover country.
They could have filmed it
in Jennifer Aniston's basement,
for all I care. I just know that I
want to see this movie, if it means
having to travel a great distance.

I want to see it in a theatre
that is filled with people
who are Brad Pitt fans.

I want it to be so good
that I get on this website
and brag and brag and brag.

Oh, and the movie called "Sweeney Todd,"
starring Johnny Depp!!! I can not wait.
Nicki

Spring, TX

#3 Apr 15, 2008
Saw it on DVD. Have not seen Sweeney Todd yet.
I am Legend was boring (to me). Did you see "The Bank Job" yet? Saw it in the theatre.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sam Shepard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sam Shepard nude (Sep '11) Sep '11 Maegan 1
News Preview: Fool For Love at Riverside Studios by ... (Jan '10) Jan '10 uboss 1
News Movie filmed in S.C. set to debut at Tribeca Fi... (Apr '06) Feb '09 Carrie Cohen 3
News 'Jesse James' shoots blanks - (Oct '07) May '08 renzarov 4
Sam Shepard and "Fool for Love" (Sep '07) Sep '07 Terry Heronime 1
News 'Walker Payne' makes its debut; director talks ... (Sep '06) Sep '07 steve harper 3
News Movie review: 'The Return' (Sep '07) Sep '07 Kim 1
More from around the web