His salsa, yes; her pop, so-so -

Full story: Baltimore Sun

It was a packed house Friday night at the Verizon Center, but co-headliners Jennifer Lopez and husband Marc Anthony were definitely playing to differing sensibilities - with Anthony the more energetic, and ...
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Nov 3, 2007
Monica

District Heights, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

I have to agree with your review. However, the reason why Jennifer gave a lackluster performance was due to her pregnancy. Her pregnant tummy was obvious. Because she's known for dancing, great videos, and catchy songs her "live" performance really missed the mark. But what would you expect from someone who was visibly pregnant. At least she sang "live" unlike most pop stars.

I don't understand why soo many people go off on her singing. She's never been a strong vocalist. But neither is Brittney Spears who ALWAYS lipsyncs. Madonna, Janet Jackson, Ashley Simpson and MOST of pop stars. They're not great powerhouse singers like Celine, Mariah or Whitney. Yet, people throw Jennifer Lopez under the bus but not Brittney or Janet.

Marc Anthony is a Salsa legend but that's it. Jennifer Lopez is an international star. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have gone to see Marc.
RINDA

Kuwait

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2007

jennifer did it LIVE n thats all i care bout.
she is pregnant so i guess she did her best!
Gringo

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2007

Jennifer Lopez is a great entertainer -- and she sang live!!
HairyGuy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2007

Monica wrote:
I have to agree with your review. However, the reason why Jennifer gave a lackluster performance was due to her pregnancy. Her pregnant tummy was obvious. Because she's known for dancing, great videos, and catchy songs her "live" performance really missed the mark. But what would you expect from someone who was visibly pregnant. At least she sang "live" unlike most pop stars.
I don't understand why soo many people go off on her singing. She's never been a strong vocalist. But neither is Brittney Spears who ALWAYS lipsyncs. Madonna, Janet Jackson, Ashley Simpson and MOST of pop stars. They're not great powerhouse singers like Celine, Mariah or Whitney. Yet, people throw Jennifer Lopez under the bus but not Brittney or Janet.
Marc Anthony is a Salsa legend but that's it. Jennifer Lopez is an international star. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have gone to see Marc.
Monica, I agree with your post. Jennifer Lopez is a very versatile artist. Unlike the pseudo-Disney created Brit. Spears who I've yet to understand why she is even mentioned in all music review. She is as false as a wooden nickel.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Salsa Discussions

Search the Salsa Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Jennifer Lopez Nipple Slip Wetten Dass Wardrobe... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Just say no to drugs 2
Marc Anthony To Perform At The Allentown Fair -... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Vero 6
Tabu Tribute Band (Sep '09) Sep '09 Gerry Zaragemca 1
Bronx-born Puerto Rican Willie Colon hospitaliz... (Mar '09) Aug '09 whodunit 8
Thousands watch LI's Puerto Rican / Hispanic Da... (Jun '09) Jul '09 end the hate 24
Puerto Rican Day Parade expected to be largest ... (Feb '09) Jun '09 U_S_Mail 9
El Cantante - The Trailer (Dec '06) Jul '08 yolanda 119
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••