Crow under Pressure to Make Master an...

Crow under Pressure to Make Master and Commander Sequel

There are 14 comments on the PR-inside.com story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Crow under Pressure to Make Master and Commander Sequel. In it, PR-inside.com reports that:

“My wife wants me to make Master & Commander 2 - she kinda liked that costume.”

Actor RUSSELL CROWE is under pressure by his wife to make a sequel to MASTER AND COMMANDER: THE FAR SIDE OF THE WORLD - because she found his period costume sexy. via PR-inside.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PR-inside.com.

jhanderson

Deland, FL

#1 Aug 27, 2007
yes yes indeed make a sequel to master and commander it seem like there was going to be a sequel because of the way it ended that he was going to help the new captain of the ship he turned around to follow. i really love the moive and russell crowe was great .
aev

Kent, WA

#2 Feb 12, 2008
do make a sequel. this is my favorite movie and there is such a wealth of material... box office be damned, this film was a masterpiece.
lbct

Baton Rouge, LA

#3 Apr 15, 2008
By all means, make a sequel....it was a wonderful movie and left us just "hanging".....
Dab

Addison, TX

#4 Apr 17, 2008
yes yes make the sequel..this is a great story and has barely been tapped!!
Ken

Silver Spring, MD

#5 May 23, 2008
There are like 20+ books in the series, MAKE A SEQUEL ALREADY!
azurecool

Ellesmere Port, UK

#6 Jun 18, 2008
There are so many great books there to be filmed - really interesting stories. Please Russell - do another one!
Persephone

Bad Oldesloe, Germany

#7 Mar 7, 2009
I loved the film, bought and read all the books after watching it and loved them too. It would be a shame not to make a sequel. Please, please, do another one or two or three or ...
Francisca Susi

Jakarta, Indonesia

#8 Mar 9, 2009
A TOTALLY YES, YES, YES to another sequel of Aubrey/Maturin adventure. Crowe is definitely born to play this role.
Ralph E

Arlington, TX

#9 Jul 29, 2009
Master And Commander is simply one of the greatest movies ever made. I was so impressed with this movie that i read all 20.5 books. I was than so enamored in Patrick O'brian's writing style that I read all his other books, including the biographies of Joseph Banks, and Pablo Picasso.
He was by far the finest writer in the English language.
The movie, allthough not not a direct translation from any of the books, did an admirable job of paying homage to two of the most complex and realistic charachters to be found in all fiction Literature.
Conne R

Hughesville, PA

#10 Dec 27, 2009
Mr. Crowe's portrayal of Captain Aubrey and the splendid performances of the rest of the cast made me interested enough in the Master and Commander stories that I read the entire Aubrey-Maturin O'Brian series. Like others, I feel sure that a sequel would be well received. I know I'll be the first one in line!
azurecool wrote:
There are so many great books there to be filmed - really interesting stories. Please Russell - do another one!
Capn Jack

East Hampton, NY

#11 Feb 21, 2010
Having grown up around sailing and the sea all my life (e.g., ex-tall ship captain), having read all 20 volumes of Obrian's classics three times, AND a Revolutionary war re-enactor, I was skeptical of Hollywood's ability to pull off M&C -- especially with Crowe at the helm. Boy, was I delightfully mistaken! I defy anyone to compare this movie unfavorably to any movie of its genre anywhere, anytime. Weir will be a very tough director to follow, if he doesn't get the nod for the sequel.
Like the books, M&C is a classic!
Dean Z

Virginia Beach, VA

#12 Mar 9, 2010
Please do a sequel. As Jack would say, "There's not a moment to lose!"
Scott P

Hershey, PA

#13 Mar 9, 2010
I hope they develop the good doctor more
Dawnstar

Canoga Park, CA

#14 Sep 6, 2010
Please, please, please make a sequel. As was mentioned, there are so many books in the Aubry-Maturin series; this franchise could go on forever. I so miss the "period" pieces and films with with and about "real men", and not the cutesy boys of today's films. Please, continue the series. I miss the captain and the doctor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Crowe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Russell Crowe NAKED: NUDE Videos and Photos Exp... (Nov '12) Apr '16 Haha 2
News Here's how Michael Jackson tormented Russell Cr... (Mar '15) May '15 Love Coming Down 46
News Russell Crowe on Michael Jackson prank calls as... (Apr '15) May '15 Pop Tart- 23
News Russell Crowea s a The Water Divinera is the ac... (Apr '15) Apr '15 SpaceBlues 1
News Michael Jackson Played Childish Pranks With Me ... (Apr '15) Apr '15 pliez 8
The Water Diviner (Jan '15) Jan '15 ANATOLIA 2
News Movie Reviews: Noah, Caesar Chavez (Apr '14) Apr '14 moviejunkie 1
More from around the web