T.I. to Enter Plea in Weapons Case -- Punishment, Russell Crowe

Rapper T.I. was expected to plead guilty Thursday to federal weapons charges and will face prison time, according to two people familiar with his case. Full Story
TRUTH BE TOLD-BE REAL

Orlando, FL

#1 Mar 27, 2008
T.I-

What the Hell were you thinking-You got crazy money-Live Life to the Fullest....

Wow......
Matt

San Antonio, TX

#2 Mar 27, 2008
He's a convicted felon in possession of firearms.
There should be no question - he should spend several years in prison.
Matt
TRUTH BE TOLD-BE REAL

Orlando, FL

#3 Mar 27, 2008
Matt wrote:
He's a convicted felon in possession of firearms.
There should be no question - he should spend several years in prison.
Matt
I know that much, my point is what he did was not even nescessary...
He has to much to lose...( I'm sure it was for show)i don't think he wanted to hurt anyone...
Orlando Homegrown

Orlando, FL

#4 Mar 27, 2008
The last poster stated "I don't think he wanted to hurt anybody" what a joke! Why would he be buying machine guns and silencers? Maybe he was not going to use them to hurt anyone himself, but he would have put them in the hands of those that would! This is a federal rap and they should treat him just like anyone else trafficing in illegal weapons!
Darwin

Dayton, NJ

#5 Mar 27, 2008
TRUTH BE TOLD-BE REAL wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that much, my point is what he did was not even nescessary...
He has to much to lose...( I'm sure it was for show)i don't think he wanted to hurt anyone...
Here we go again: Trying to make excuses for an animal with assault weapons.
Ron Jonhson

Atlanta, GA

#6 Mar 27, 2008
T.I. is serving a year in federal prison after a year of extensive community service

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

#7 Mar 27, 2008
A rapper in trouble with the law? I'm shocked........
Speechless

Saint Cloud, FL

#8 Mar 28, 2008
Well, there you have it. A felon with guns - machine guns no less, REAL assault weapons - and he gets a slap on the wrist and a "2nd chance" (I believe it's actually the 3rd or 4th chance). Instead of sending a message that this is intolerable and that the laws will be enforced, it shouts that you can get away with almost anything and, if you are a celebrity, you can get away with even more. This will no doubt increase his stature immensely. The judge that allowed this should be dis-barred immediately. Where are the anti-gun people now? Here's a prime example of criminals ignoring EXISTING laws and GETTING AWAY WITH IT. Enforce the laws and put these folks in prison where they belong. For as long as the law allows. Stop bothering law abiding citizens about their legal guns and go after these folks that really are a problem.

Since: Nov 07

Oviedo, FL

#9 Mar 28, 2008
Machine guns, silencers? Was this a "special" deal for rapping thugs or is it available to anyone?

He probably got to keep the guns too - maybe not such a bad thing if they are used to shoot up some other rappers!
Joker1

Maitland, FL

#10 Mar 28, 2008
Here's another Grand Wizard of the NEW KKK (black clowns 12- 45)drugs, guns,and hapless women. Headed to the motherland (BET) of a generation killer to perform. WOW, crabs in a barrel, black on black crime at it's best. They are the one's doing the job now so the KKK can sit back and laugh. WOW
You are a moron wrote:
Machine guns, silencers? Was this a "special" deal for rapping thugs or is it available to anyone?
He probably got to keep the guns too - maybe not such a bad thing if they are used to shoot up some other rappers!
Leon

Tallahassee, FL

#11 Mar 28, 2008
All of your negative comments are valid. But what you fail to realize (or even care about) are his circumstances. He was just at a nightclub he was scheduled to perform at less than a year ago when he was shot at. His best friend was shot and died, while they ran away. Events like these may make you want to carry machine guns.
Xxx

Vero Beach, FL

#12 Mar 28, 2008
Leon wrote:
All of your negative comments are valid. But what you fail to realize (or even care about) are his circumstances. He was just at a nightclub he was scheduled to perform at less than a year ago when he was shot at. His best friend was shot and died, while they ran away. Events like these may make you want to carry machine guns.
And so why did he choose to associate with those that would likely invite trouble? With money, one can do as one chooses, he chose the wrong path. Is anyone surprised?

“We were all made in Gods Image”

Since: Apr 07

Sunrise, Florida

#13 Mar 28, 2008
Leon wrote:
All of your negative comments are valid. But what you fail to realize (or even care about) are his circumstances. He was just at a nightclub he was scheduled to perform at less than a year ago when he was shot at. His best friend was shot and died, while they ran away. Events like these may make you want to carry machine guns.
I am a huge fan of TI but his best friend being shot and killed should not be an excuse for him to go out and buy machine guns knowing that he is a convicted felon and could go to jail if he is caught.
wow

United States

#14 Mar 28, 2008
this guy is a jackass! and with him being able to afford the fines, why would the judge grant leniency there? fine cut him a deal on the jail time, but nail him for the full money penalty. such a joke. put me in his position, and i am getting the full monte on this one :(
wow

United States

#15 Mar 28, 2008
Xxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And so why did he choose to associate with those that would likely invite trouble? With money, one can do as one chooses, he chose the wrong path. Is anyone surprised?
if that is his excuse, hire armed guards. plain and simple.

“Beyond all comprehension”

Since: Dec 06

The Moon

#16 Mar 29, 2008
wow wrote:
this guy is a jackass! and with him being able to afford the fines, why would the judge grant leniency there? fine cut him a deal on the jail time, but nail him for the full money penalty. such a joke. put me in his position, and i am getting the full monte on this one :(
Agreed. Pay the fine .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Crowe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Movie Reviews: Noah, Caesar Chavez (Apr '14) Apr '14 moviejunkie 1
Russell Crowe finally meets Pope Francis for bi... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Sol 1
Russell Crowe attends Australian remembrance se... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Steve 5
Mark Wahlberg motivated by double duty as actor... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Donkey Estonkey 1
Baz boots Russell (Jun '06) Nov '12 patzy 9
Russell Crowe Spotted Still Round In Shape Desp... (Jul '12) Nov '12 patzy 3
Russell Crowe NAKED: NUDE Videos and Photos Exp... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Russell Crowe 1
More from around the web