Russell Crowe Plans To Be Baptized -

Russell Crowe Plans To Be Baptized -

There are 12 comments on the Newsday story from Nov 6, 2007, titled Russell Crowe Plans To Be Baptized -. In it, Newsday reports that:

Russell Crowe, who is 43, says he's planning to be baptized. "I'd like to do it this year," the Oscar-winning actor tells Men's Journal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

nyresq

Cutchogue, NY

#1 Nov 6, 2007
News Flash Mel Gibson flushes the toilet. Man they will just put anything in to fill this peice of garbage
LIer

Bronx, NY

#2 Nov 6, 2007
Oh, isn't this just special!! Why don't you just go down to the local church and get baptized? You have to build your own Byzantine chapel in Australia?
Southbound

Kansas City, MO

#3 Nov 6, 2007
Hold his head under for about 3 minutes.
What is that all about

North Brunswick, NJ

#4 Nov 6, 2007
Oh, puleeeze - now He's found religion? I think he'll have to do more than get baptized to clean up his act.
shameless-li

Denver, CO

#6 Nov 6, 2007
quote...."Crowe says the baptism will take place in the Byzantine chapel he built at his country ranch in Australia for his wedding to Danielle Spencer in 2003."

he built his own chapel, good grief
JohnY

New Hyde Park, NY

#7 Nov 6, 2007
We need more role models like this guy. He goes through life trying to be a better person. That's the task before all of us is it not?
dummy

Glen Cove, NY

#8 Nov 6, 2007
Tell him to come over here and I will pee on his head.
Sue Moyer

Berkeley, CA

#9 Nov 7, 2007
I think it's wonderful that he is willing to take this public step in professing his faith in God.

“Dirk Duncum”

Since: Feb 07

Allentown

#10 Nov 7, 2007
What is that all about wrote:
Oh, puleeeze - now He's found religion? I think he'll have to do more than get baptized to clean up his act.
Nope. It's that simple. Mathew 3:16
LOST

Allentown, PA

#11 Nov 7, 2007
Sue Moyer wrote:
I think it's wonderful that he is willing to take this public step in professing his faith in God.
Oh, indeed, it IS wonderful, isn't it??(rolls eyes). Is this really newsworthy???
Dick Kedd

Hazleton, PA

#12 Nov 7, 2007
Poor Russell just committed career suicide. Imagine that, a member of the Hollywood crowd actually beleiving in traditional values! The media will now be scanning every police report they can get their hands on so they can destroy this "despicable" Christian just like they did with Mel Gibson.
The Baptizm

Stroudsburg, PA

#13 Nov 7, 2007
LIer wrote:
Oh, isn't this just special!! Why don't you just go down to the local church and get baptized? You have to build your own Byzantine chapel in Australia?
It is not that easy for anyone to just go down the street to the local church and get baptised. The churches nowadays seem to have all these rules and regulations. Years ago ministers would gladly baptise an infant at your convenience. Now it is a big ceremony in front of the congregation on a Sunday during church services. Now some churches make you go to classes, the parents must become members and then they will baptize an infant. As for adults, they too have to go to classes, then they will baptize you and you must be made a member of the church. The only church I know that didn't do it this way was the Baptists. If you went to Sunday school and you weren't baptized then they baptized you, also in church on a Sunday during regular services. They didn't require that you attend classes or that the parents had to join the church. There are some ministers, Episcopal, or Evangelical that will come to your home and do a baptism. Some of them don't use water, I've seen it done with white rose petals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Crowe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Russell Crowe NAKED: NUDE Videos and Photos Exp... (Nov '12) Apr '16 Haha 2
News Here's how Michael Jackson tormented Russell Cr... (Mar '15) May '15 Love Coming Down 46
News Russell Crowe on Michael Jackson prank calls as... (Apr '15) May '15 Pop Tart- 23
News Russell Crowea s a The Water Divinera is the ac... (Apr '15) Apr '15 SpaceBlues 1
News Michael Jackson Played Childish Pranks With Me ... (Apr '15) Apr '15 pliez 8
The Water Diviner (Jan '15) Jan '15 ANATOLIA 2
News Movie Reviews: Noah, Caesar Chavez (Apr '14) Apr '14 moviejunkie 1
More from around the web