'American Gangster,' 'Bee Movie' rest...

'American Gangster,' 'Bee Movie' restore life to box office -

There are 2 comments on the Newsday story from Nov 4, 2007, titled 'American Gangster,' 'Bee Movie' restore life to box office -. In it, Newsday reports that:

A heroin pusher and a honey bee put some sting back into the movie business. Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe's bloody crime saga "American Gangster" took in $46.3 million to lead the weekend box office, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Jeff

Hollywood, FL

#1 Nov 5, 2007
It amazes me that the top two box-office grosses this weekend were only $7.2-million apart. Conventional thinking would have "Bee Movie" making a lot less being in second place. Notice the third place movie, "Saw IV," only got $11-million and change.(Maybe people are turning away from the gross and ugly and towards decent dramas and colorful comedies.)
ryan

Richmond, VA

#2 Nov 5, 2007
Jeff wrote:
It amazes me that the top two box-office grosses this weekend were only $7.2-million apart. Conventional thinking would have "Bee Movie" making a lot less being in second place. Notice the third place movie, "Saw IV," only got $11-million and change.(Maybe people are turning away from the gross and ugly and towards decent dramas and colorful comedies.)
Saw was number one last week with $32 million and a budget of $10 million. Expect to see at least 2 more Saw movies coming out in the next 2 years at about the same time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Crowe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Russell Crowe NAKED: NUDE Videos and Photos Exp... (Nov '12) Apr '16 Haha 2
News Here's how Michael Jackson tormented Russell Cr... (Mar '15) May '15 Love Coming Down 46
News Russell Crowe on Michael Jackson prank calls as... (Apr '15) May '15 Pop Tart- 23
News Russell Crowea s a The Water Divinera is the ac... (Apr '15) Apr '15 SpaceBlues 1
News Michael Jackson Played Childish Pranks With Me ... (Apr '15) Apr '15 pliez 8
The Water Diviner (Jan '15) Jan '15 ANATOLIA 2
News Movie Reviews: Noah, Caesar Chavez (Apr '14) Apr '14 moviejunkie 1
More from around the web