Run-D.M.C., Metallica nominees for ro...

Run-D.M.C., Metallica nominees for rock Hall of Fame

There are 3 comments on the Newsday story from Sep 23, 2008, titled Run-D.M.C., Metallica nominees for rock Hall of Fame. In it, Newsday reports that:

Run-D.M.C. could "Walk This Way" into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame . The 1980s rap act, along with Metallica and the Stooges, are among the nine nominees for next year's hall of fame class, the Rock and Roll ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Jacob Smith

Middlebury, VT

#1 Sep 25, 2008
Run DMC being nominated for induction into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame is a banner moment for hip hop music. They are the true godfathers who brought this genre of music into the mainstream and legitimized this musical format in the eyes of the masses. Much like Grandmaster Flash did in 2002, Run DMC will surely pave the way for more hip hop artists to be recognized by this great institution. www.streetology1.com
shirleyUcantBser ious

Wyncote, PA

#2 Sep 25, 2008
Metallica! Finally. Now they just have to add Megadeth, Fear Factory, Slayer, Ozzy, Dimmu Borgir, Death, Mayhem....etc.
Chris

United States

#3 Sep 25, 2008
Metallica deserves this alot they were amazing and there new album isnt bad,I like hip-hop but I think that someone else shouldve got in like Dr.Dre or Rakim if your going to put a hip-hop group or MC or producer,I wouldve nominated wu-tang clan over run dmc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Run DMC Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Darryl McDaniels of Run-DMC on addiction, depre... (Jul '16) Jul '16 TOBACCO ADDICTION 1
run dmc video filmed at bavarian film studios (Jan '09) Dec '15 Shawn sevy 4
News Salt-n-Pepa: back on the scene with new VH1 rea... (Jul '07) Aug '15 rebel111 7
News Give him a can of spray paint -- he'll give you... (Jul '09) May '15 audreyrivera 16
News The Secret Jewish History of Aerosmith (Nov '13) Nov '13 Lavina 2
News Pump it, spin it, rock it behind the turntables (Sep '08) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 11
News Michelle Obama Launching Hip-Hop Album (Aug '13) Aug '13 R U Kidding Me 1
More from around the web