Cuidad Juarez, Mexico's violent borde...

Cuidad Juarez, Mexico's violent border city, puts on a show to try to sell its bright side

There are 59 comments on the The Washington Post story from Oct 13, 2011, titled Cuidad Juarez, Mexico's violent border city, puts on a show to try to sell its bright side. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

The city notorious as the most dangerous in the hemisphere is throwing a party to tell the world that life here is getting better.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Nestor Fatuliva

Salem, CT

#1 Oct 13, 2011
Wheeee!

“Retired ”

Since: Mar 09

Tucson, Az, El Paso Tx,

#2 Oct 14, 2011
The US Attorney General will Personally Supervise the Prosecution of the Cartel Folks in Juarez who failed to re-register Assault Weapons Sold to them by the ATF in the USA,.........Gee what a Law Enforcement Visionary, I wonder if Mr Reyes thought of that one???

“Retired ”

Since: Mar 09

Tucson, Az, El Paso Tx,

#3 Oct 14, 2011
..........For the Blind, Idea-logs of the Progressive, Law Minded Public..........
http://blogs.ajc.com/jay-bookman-blog/2011/10...
Harley Neff

Salem, CT

#4 Oct 14, 2011
How can I get tickets?
mas muertos

United States

#6 Oct 15, 2011
How many will die during these stupid events?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#7 Oct 15, 2011
mas muertos wrote:
How many will die during these stupid events?
Muchos. Llorre pro los muertos.

Since: Sep 11

Dexter, NM

#8 Oct 15, 2011
right now the only bright side to Juarez is the peolple that live there and stay alive. It is a sad situation and belive it or not it is spilling into ElPaso. http://www.elpasoezads.com

Location hidden

#9 Oct 15, 2011
info5 wrote:
right now the only bright side to Juarez is the peolple that live there and stay alive. It is a sad situation and belive it or not it is spilling into ElPaso. http://www.elpasoezads.com
Really try telling that to all the local paula ticks in this area.
Not a chance

AOL

#11 Oct 15, 2011
After marketing itself as the Harlot of the Southwest, now it wants a Mary Poppins image?

Since: Jan 11

El Paso, TX

#12 Oct 16, 2011
Good luck with that idea.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#13 Oct 16, 2011
The killingest city in the world that pays it's peon's $30 dollars a week, where their children can't go to school for the fear of getting shot and all they can come up with a party that only the well to do can afford to go to is absolutely a slap in the face to the people that are suffering from a politically caused narco war. The fat cat's should be ashamed of themselves.

El Paso, TX

#14 Oct 16, 2011
therealgrtwyt wrote:
The killingest city in the world that pays it's peon's $30 dollars a week, where their children can't go to school for the fear of getting shot and all they can come up with a party that only the well to do can afford to go to is absolutely a slap in the face to the people that are suffering from a politically caused narco war. The fat cat's should be ashamed of themselves.
Sh!t "the fat cat's" could care less. They're the ones that caused all this. They sit in the safety of the United States (The Willows) chanting viva mexico and diverting their blame, their guilt by saying it's all the gringos fault, hate the gringos.
You know really the narcos need to turn on the wealthy oppressors instead of their rivals and the poor innocent caught in the cross fire. Maybe that's where the revolution should start. Monterey was a start.
Hector Montes

El Paso, TX

#15 Oct 16, 2011
Don't you all listen to The Show? I am a Professor at El Paso Community College and my Mexican students went to see Mana and had a great time! Juarez is a very safe place as long as you don't go to the wrong places, have Texas licence plates and are not anglo-saxon.
Hector Montes

El Paso, TX

#16 Oct 16, 2011
Hector Montes wrote:
Don't you all listen to The Show? I am a Professor at El Paso Community College and my Mexican students went to see Mana and had a great time! Juarez is a very safe place as long as you don't go to the wrong places, have Texas licence plates and are not anglo-saxon.
Ha jajajaj...You judge me as nuts but I am still a Professor at El Paso Community College, have a very popular radio show and very much loved by the LGBT Mexican Community.
HA HA HA JA JA JA

United States

#17 Oct 16, 2011
Super Sugar wrote:
<quoted text>
Sh!t "the fat cat's" could care less. They're the ones that caused all this. They sit in the safety of the United States (The Willows) chanting viva mexico and diverting their blame, their guilt by saying it's all the gringos fault, hate the gringos.
You know really the narcos need to turn on the wealthy oppressors instead of their rivals and the poor innocent caught in the cross fire. Maybe that's where the revolution should start. Monterey was a start.
Woooo there Pinkish Yellow but everybody hates the gringo. The japs, blacks, camel jockeys, even other krackers.
Puppetmaster

Oceanside, CA

#18 Oct 16, 2011
Super Sugar wrote:
<quoted text>
When I read your simpleton comments I remind myself that because of your genetic inbreeding and others like you, you are not to fault.
Just Saying

Roswell, NM

#19 Oct 17, 2011
Mexico is the most deadly place right now, it doesn't matter of what race your are or if you have Texas plates or ??? it is very dangerous. We feel for the people that live there, that have to endure the terror. http://www.elpasoezads.com
HA HA HA JA JA JA

United States

#20 Oct 17, 2011
Just Saying wrote:
Mexico is the most deadly place right now, it doesn't matter of what race your are or if you have Texas plates or ??? it is very dangerous. We feel for the people that live there, that have to endure the terror. http://www.elpasoezads.com
Its not Mexico per say its the Souhwest. What are you some kind of east coast elitest. If you can't stomach a little blood you really don't belong in west texas.
Just Saying

Roswell, NM

#21 Oct 17, 2011
What does that mean stomach a little blood? there are people dying over there and you want to make fun of it. How would you like it, if your relatives were dying and spilling out the blood? http://www.elpasoezads.com
HA HA HA JA JA JA

United States

#22 Oct 17, 2011
Just Saying wrote:
What does that mean stomach a little blood? there are people dying over there and you want to make fun of it. How would you like it, if your relatives were dying and spilling out the blood? http://www.elpasoezads.com
It would be an honor to die on those sacred.lands

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rudy Giuliani Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News KFC cooks up a new line of merchandise Jul 17 Ukulele Pffffttt 4
News Trump's White House is all but ignoring Spanish... Jul 8 bottlecap 29
News White House Appears to be Ignoring Spanish Spea... Jul 2 Geezer 1
News Turning the FBI fiasco into a victory May '17 Maggie Gallaghers... 14
News Messy web of ties, some to Trump, in Turkish mo... Apr '17 anonymous 3
News Wine before dinner makes you eat more Mar '17 Texxy 1
News Rudy Giuliani Is Trump s FavoriteFor Secretary ... Mar '17 Texxy 2
More from around the web