Comments
21 - 32 of 32 Comments Last updated Sep 28, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tony

United States

#24 Aug 13, 2011
On the issue of helping the homeless, and on the issue of health care, etc...

Republicans donate more money to charity than democrats do. And I am sure you have heard of the Christian right. Certainly Republicans want welfare reform, and Republicans want able bodied people to work, but many Republicans donate ten percent of everything they earn to their churches and they do charity work and stuff. Republicans even donate more blood than democrats.

----

Charity's Political Divide, Republicans give a bigger share to charity (Democrats Don't)
The Chronicle of Philanthropy ^| 11.23.06 | Ben Gose

Posted on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 8:07:02 PM by Coleus

Republicans give a bigger share of their incomes to charity, says a prominent economist

It's been a tough month for conservatives, with the Republican Party losing control of both houses of Congress, but a new book being released this week may help brighten their spirits. In Who Really Cares: The Surprising Truth About Compassionate Conservatism (Basic Books), Arthur C. Brooks finds that religious conservatives are far more charitable than secular liberals, and that those who support the idea that government should redistribute income are among the least likely to dig into their own wallets to help others. Some of his findings have been touched on elsewhere by other scholars, but Mr. Brooks, a professor of public administration at Syracuse University, breaks new ground in amassing information from 15 sets of data in a slim 184-page book (not including the appendix) that he proudly describes as "a polemic."

"If liberals persist in their antipathy to religion," Mr. Brooks writes, "the Democrats will become not only the party of secularism, but also the party of uncharity." Some scholars say Who Really Cares builds on the work of Robert D. Putnam's Bowling Alone: The Collapse and Revival of American Community, which was published in 2000.

http://tinyurl.com/dm8r8n

---------

March 27, 2008

Conservatives More Liberal Givers
By George Will

Although liberal families' incomes average 6 percent higher than those of conservative families, conservative-headed households give, on average, 30 percent more to charity than the average liberal-headed household ($1,600 per year vs.$1,227).

Conservatives also donate more time and give more blood.

Residents of the states that voted for John Kerry in 2004 gave smaller percentages of their incomes to charity than did residents of states that voted for George Bush.

http://tinyurl.com/ys6j63
------

Republicans donate more money and more time to charities than democrats, and many Republicans are Christians who donate ten percent of everything they earn to their churches.
Tony

Cypress, CA

#25 Aug 17, 2011
Ron Paul's ideas versus Rudy Giuliani's ideas (If Rudy decides to run for President)

It upsets me that the USA was downgraded from AAA credit rating to AA, and the debt certainly is an issue as we look at the candidates for the upcoming election. And the AA rating means we will pay higher interest rates to China as China has been buying our debt. Certainly the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have contributed greatly to our debt, and are part of the reason why we were downgraded. Rudy Giuliani truthfully realizes that our economy is connected to our security, and that the wealthier we are the more secure we are. So, we need to improve the economy, reduce the debt, and become wealthy again, so that we can be more secure, and also so we can afford to be involved in world affairs when the need arises. The evil people in the world would love for the good people to stay out of world affairs, but that would not make for better world. It would help if there was some reward for the good we have done in the Middle East, such as expanded trade with the region, and lower gasoline prices, which would help our economy, but that has not happened. And while we are getting poorer, our enemies such as the communists in China and the Muslim Arabs are getting wealthier. So, we are truly between a rock and a hard place, and what Ron Paul says about bringing all of our troops home would save us a lot of money, and it would help to reduce the deficit spending, and if I think like a poor person, as right now our country is in debt, then it makes sense to bring our troops home, and to stop giving money to the Middle East, and save money, but if I try to come from a place of abundance then the answer is to improve the economy, get wealthy again, and get our AAA rating back, so that we can afford to be involved in world issues when we deem it necessary. I want to hear more of what Rudy Giuliani has to say.
Tony

Walnut, CA

#26 Aug 18, 2011
The reason that the USA is poor is because everything that you buy in the USA was made in China, by communist slave labor, the people in the USA do not make anything anymore, the people in the USA need to start making things again. So, the fastest way to help the USA, and get Americans working again, is to put high tariffs on all of the imports from China, and put high tariffs on all other imports from all nations, and then lower taxes for the people in the United States.

In the beginning of our history the government of the United States was funded by tariffs on imports, because Americans refused to pay taxes. Tariffs on imports were the largest source of federal revenue from the 1790s to the eve of World War I.

Can you imagine how quickly the economy in the USA would improve if we lowered taxes for Americans and raised tariffs on imports?

I know ways we could improve the entire world economy, but it could not be done quickly. But, so far as improving the economy in the USA and getting Americans back to work, lowering taxes for Americans and raising the tariffs on imports would be the fastest way to pull the USA out of this nose-dive and reduce the debt.

And as far as improving the entire world economy...

Workers EVERYWHERE need to unionize, along with having good labor laws so that no matter where companies go they have to pay the workers fair and have to treat them well.

That means unions in China, India, Latin America, the Middle East, etc etc etc.

If you want to help to improve the world economy, you have to look at China, and change needs to be forced upon China by good labor leaders like Lech Walesa, as China improves it will help to improve the whole world economy.

We cannot bring the USA down to the level of China in order to compete with China. China's workforce consists of communist slave labor. BUT, what we can do, is bring China up. And labor unions are part of the answer on how to do that. And I guarantee you that if the Chinese workers had more money in their pockets to participate in the world economy that the world economy would improve.

We learned as a result of the Great Depression on how NOT to do things. If you have many people producing cheap goods, with the workers being paid less and less, while the companies produce more and more for cheaper and cheaper, with the workers not being able to buy anything because they are working but are still poor, soon the whole economy collapses. But, if the workers are paid fair, they can buy stuff, and can participate in the economy. Unions, labor laws, fair trade rules (including anti-trust/anti-monopoly and anti-dumping rules), and fair pay and good treatment for workers, are all things that are good for our economy and which help us avoid another great depression. If we all try to compete with communist slave labor in China, producing more and more for less, while the workers earn less and less, we are heading for a global depression and bad times, just look at where we have been heading, the facts are there to see. We need to go UP and not down. We NEED improvement instead of decline.

The whole world can benefit from having labor unions, labor laws, and fair pay and good treatment for workers, along with enforcing fair trade rules, etc. Labor leaders need to look at the global picture, and need to support labor movements globally, the way that labor unions in the USA and around the world supported Lech Walesa in Poland, there needs to be a global brotherhood amongst workers all around the world.

We need improvement, not decline.

Read more:

http://forums.escapefromelba.com/index.php/to...

We have had free trade, but we have not had fair trade, it is time to fix the problem.
Tony

Walnut, CA

#27 Aug 19, 2011
We need to build high speed trains here in the USA, I know that the USA can build high speed trains even better than Europe and Japan, and we can manufacture the high speed trains in Detroit to help create jobs for unemplyed auto workers. Building high speed trains here in the USA would be great for a variety of reasons.
Tony

Walnut, CA

#28 Aug 19, 2011
Gold is at all time high prices right now, which is good for the USA, as the USA has a lot of gold.

And places such as Battle Mountain, Nevada, are getting very, very, very, wealthy right now, and that is good, they were making really, really, good money back when gold was 300 dollars per ounce and now I could only imagine how much money they are making.

And also Colombia has a lot of gold, as does Bolivia, and others, so the high gold prices are helping a lot of people who really need the money.
Tony

United States

#30 Aug 20, 2011
Here is a link to a thread that I started on the Detroit Topix forum about converting all of the cars, trucks, and buses, over to running on Natural Gas which is produced right here in the USA, I am trying to wake the people of Detroit up.

Link:

http://www.topix.com/forum/detroit/T6EMR25944...

I do not need to be hired, or paid, to be a hardcore We The People activist here in the USA, I was born in the USA, and my ancestors helped to build this nation, and I am trying to use the world wide web to make a difference, I post all over the web giving away every idea I can think of to help our nation. It might help, at least I am trying to do something to help our nation. And even when I move to Italy, and own a small island in the Philippines, and when I own a nice beach house in Turbo, Colombia, I will still be an American, and I will retain my American citizenship.

Rudy Giuliani and Doug Kmiec need to run in the 2012 election, the country needs Rudy and Doug.
Salute,

Tony V.
Tony

United States

#31 Aug 23, 2011
The world is watching, don't seek vengeance, rebel leaders tell Libyans

HOURS after rebel forces surged into central Tripoli to unseat dictator Colonel Moamar Ghadafi from power, Libyans were urged by a senior rebel leader not to seek vengeance against the crumbling regime.

In a speech on rebel television channel Al Ahrar, Mahmud Jibril said the world was watching Libya and its citizens needed to act responsibly and with magnanimity towards the vanquished.

"Do not avenge yourselves. Today, as we celebrate victory, I appeal to your conscience and to your responsibility: don't get carried away. Do not avenge yourselves, don't pillage, don't insult foreigners and respect the prisoners," he said, according to AFP.

"Prove that we are up to the responsibility to protect them and their lives," Jibril said.

The senior rebel figure also called on police and security forces not to leave their posts and to keep doing their jobs, staying alert to protect the people and their property.

"Today, there is no difference between [Libyan] cities, today there is no difference between Libyans. We will create history all together, as we were all equal in suffering from dictatorship for 42 years, we need to be equal now in democracy," he said, according to Sky News.

"Today, all Libya's people are allowed to participate in the building of the future to build institutions with the aid of a constitution that does not differentiate between a man and a woman, sects or ethnicities. Libya is for everyone and will now be for everyone. Libya has the right to create an example that will be followed in the Arab region.

"Brothers and sisters, allow me to call on you today while you are in celebration, I call on your conscience, responsibility to come to the fore and prevent you taking any vengeance in these happy moments or damaging property or mistreating foreigners or prisoners.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/the-world-is-... 't-seek-vengeance-rebel-leader s-tell-libyans-20110821-ncx

Libya is now free!

NEXT the people of China, and of Iran, need to fight for freedom, democracy, and for good human rights, and they need to form labor unions independent of the state and they need to fight for fair pay and for good treatment for workers!

The good people of Turkey have been smuggling guns in to China to the good people of China for at least twenty years now, many good Chinese people now own guns. Soon China will have freedom, democracy, and good human rights, and soon China will have labor unions independent of the state and will have fair pay and good treatment for workers. I want peaceful evolution in China, such as can happen with a labor movement in China, such as Lech Walesa helped do in Poland which brought down the USSR, but through peaceful evolution, or violent revolution, freedom, democracy, and good human rights, and fair pay and good treatment for workers, will happen in China SOON!

And the young people of Iran want freedom, democracy, and good human rights.

By helping the people of Iraq and Afghanistan to have freedom, democracy, and improved human rights, including improved human rights for women, we have inspired other nations such as Egypt and Libya to get their freedom and democracy and improved human rights, and I hope that other nations will be inspired including China, and Iran. Hopefully we have started a chain reaction that will keep on going.
Ramsan

Newark, NJ

#32 Sep 1, 2011
Tony wrote:
The world is watching, don't seek vengeance, rebel leaders tell Libyans
HOURS after rebel forces surged into central Tripoli to unseat dictator Colonel Moamar Ghadafi from power, Libyans were urged by a senior rebel leader not to seek vengeance against the crumbling regime.
In a speech on rebel television channel Al Ahrar, Mahmud Jibril said the world was watching Libya and its citizens needed to act responsibly and with magnanimity towards the vanquished.
"Do not avenge yourselves. Today, as we celebrate victory, I appeal to your conscience and to your responsibility: don't get carried away. Do not avenge yourselves, don't pillage, don't insult foreigners and respect the prisoners," he said, according to AFP.
"Prove that we are up to the responsibility to protect them and their lives," Jibril said.
The senior rebel figure also called on police and security forces not to leave their posts and to keep doing their jobs, staying alert to protect the people and their property.
"Today, there is no difference between [Libyan] cities, today there is no difference between Libyans. We will create history all together, as we were all equal in suffering from dictatorship for 42 years, we need to be equal now in democracy," he said, according to Sky News.
"Today, all Libya's people are allowed to participate in the building of the future to build institutions with the aid of a constitution that does not differentiate between a man and a woman, sects or ethnicities. Libya is for everyone and will now be for everyone. Libya has the right to create an example that will be followed in the Arab region.
"Brothers and sisters, allow me to call on you today while you are in celebration, I call on your conscience, responsibility to come to the fore and prevent you taking any vengeance in these happy moments or damaging property or mistreating foreigners or prisoners.
http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/the-world-is-... 't-seek-vengeance-rebel-leader s-tell-libyans-20110821-ncx
Libya is now free!
NEXT the people of China, and of Iran, need to fight for freedom, democracy, and for good human rights, and they need to form labor unions independent of the state and they need to fight for fair pay and for good treatment for workers!
The good people of Turkey have been smuggling guns in to China to the good people of China for at least twenty years now, many good Chinese people now own guns. Soon China will have freedom, democracy, and good human rights, and soon China will have labor unions independent of the state and will have fair pay and good treatment for workers. I want peaceful evolution in China, such as can happen with a labor movement in China, such as Lech Walesa helped do in Poland which brought down the USSR, but through peaceful evolution, or violent revolution, freedom, democracy, and good human rights, and fair pay and good treatment for workers, will happen in China SOON!
And the young people of Iran want freedom, democracy, and good human rights.
By helping the people of Iraq and Afghanistan to have freedom, democracy, and improved human rights, including improved human rights for women, we have inspired other nations such as Egypt and Libya to get their freedom and democracy and improved human rights, and I hope that other nations will be inspired including China, and Iran. Hopefully we have started a chain reaction that will keep on going.
i will not vote for guiliani, no matter what, and you have way to much time on your hands.
firehimnow

United States

#33 Sep 1, 2011
GUILIANI is a criminal!!!!!!!!!!And a fireman killer. Read up on this creep before massaging his balls.
Tony

United States

#34 Sep 3, 2011
Rudy Giuliani and Doug Kmiec in 2012!
Ramsan

Washington, DC

#35 Sep 4, 2011
Tony wrote:
Rudy Giuliani and Doug Kmiec in 2012!
never trust rudy, he likes to crossdress to much.
Tony

Los Angeles, CA

#36 Sep 28, 2011
Well, it does not look like Rudy is going to run for President, so I will have to support Rick Perry. Rudy has said that he would never be a vice president, so maybe Rick Perry can choose Marco Rubio as his vice president. And maybe Rick Perry can put Rudy in his cabinet, as Secretary of State, or Attorney General, or Secretary of Defense, or something.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rudy Giuliani Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Romney's Mass. Health Plan has $50 Co-pay for A... (Nov '07) Sun Swedenforever 3
Huckabee only choice for social conservatives (Nov '07) Aug 2 swedenforever 9
Immigration battle is ultimately about race, cl... (Dec '07) Jul '14 Curiosityforever 66
Mayor Tells Bullying Victims To 'Grow A Pair & ... Jun '14 angelarose 233
De Blasio must learn how to play politics: Dems (Feb '14) Feb '14 Dubya Tee Eff 4
N.J. mayor: Sandy aid ultimatum came from Christie (Jan '14) Jan '14 mjjcpa 79
GOP leaders: Christie's presidential hopes not ... (Jan '14) Jan '14 indy 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Rudy Giuliani People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••